October 22, 2014 | 1740 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Positively Smooth Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was the lotion I used to use everyday (I use the Daily Moisturizing one now in the green bottle, because I don't think they make this anymore?). I originally bought it bc it claimed that you wouldn't have to shave as often. That was definitely not true...the lotion had no affect on my shaving whatsoever, but it is a great moisturizer. It's not too watery or thick, absorbs well and keeps me moisturized all day. The Positively Smooth shaving cream is really good, too...and I know that one is still in production.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by lucy1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought this product because it claimed to smooth your legs and that you would shave less. i bought this and used it one day after getting out of the shower. the next day, i was covered in small bumps...in every single spot where i applied this lotion. i threw it away. ever since then, i dont purchase any aveeno products.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by jter391

This makes my legs feel soooo smooth! Usually I have to deal with ingrown hairs and bumps and they won't go away unless i shave everyday for a couple of weeks. I started using this while it was still a bit chilly out so I would shave once a week. My legs were smooth within a couple of days. Plus it is awesome for warmer whether. I'm not sure about it's ability to make my hair softer or make it so that I don't have to shave as often, but from what I've seen already, it's a winner in my book. I'll update later when it's warmer out.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2009 4:49:00 AM More reviews by xt73

So I should probably confess at the outset that I don't have really coarse thick body hair. I was sort of experimenting to see if this would actually decrease my arm hair. Since I'm Chinese, I don't exactly have a TON of arm hair, but weirdly I have more hair on my arms than my legs.
So my experiment didn't quite pan out:
No change in my arm hair amount.
Still needed shaved my legs with the same frequency.

That being said, I think it moisturizes just fine. However, I would probably buy another lotion for moisturizing. You might see some changes if you have thicker hair than me. I guess it wasn't really a fair challenge in the first place...the only thing that would truly get rid of my arm hair by slathering post-shower is Nair.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2009 11:59:00 AM More reviews by paradise050

I cannot agree that this is a HG product, but I would say that it does make hair much softer after repeated use. However, it is enriched with so many chemicals that it always gives me a rash after the initial use and goes away thereafter. Perhaps, my skin needs to get used to its harshness or something.I think I will stop buying it after my last bottle is finished. I would def recommend this for those who desire little baby hair instead of coarse leg fuzz.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Eustace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent product from Aveeno. I have used this body lotion on my legs for over a year now and wouldn't change it for anything. It definitely makes the hair growth a little softer and finer and I quite frequently skip a day of shaving without any noticable stubble. The scent is a bit unusual - like crushed aspirin perhaps? That is just a minor quibble; this is an effective product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2008 7:40:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I'm shocked that this actually works! Let me tell my story. Earlier this year I used a Veet lotion hair remover on my navel area to get rid of the little baby hairs before a vacation. I was horrified when the hair grew back thicker and darker. I didn't want to do any type of hair removal and risk making it worse, I just wanted the soft baby hairs back. I looked everywhere for a hair minimizing lotion, but couldn't really find any besides this one and one by Yves Rocher which was more expensive (even with the ubiquitous 50% discounts). So I went for the Aveeno. I was reluctant at first because I don't really like the scent, and I really love my usual Nivea lotion, but I decided to give it a try on my legs as well just to see what happens. I've used it pretty regularly for over a month, and it has made a huge difference on my legs. I shave less often, and the hair doesn't come back as hard and stubbly, it's much softer and less noticeable. I sort of see it working on my navel, but I don't want to shave or wax this area, so maybe that's why I don't see a big difference, because the same old hairs are still there. Regardless, I'm very pleased that this actually works, too bad about the scent (hence only 4/5 lippies). I can still find it without any problems around here, but will stock up if it really is d/c.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2008 12:12:00 AM More reviews by JettNY

I love this lotion and have noticed a difference in hair over time. It's a bit finer and lighter, although I don't know how much I can attribute to my epilator. Unfortunately, I can't find it at any of the local stores anymore and fear they may have discontinued it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2008 11:37:00 AM More reviews by jsonnet98

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product on and off since it first came out and I'm pretty pleased with it. Although it doesn't seem to slow down hair growth, the hair does appear to grow in finer and smoother.

I actually like the smell too, and since it's so cheap, I feel okay about using gobs of it at a time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2008 7:04:00 PM More reviews by meriellyn

I love this lotion. Could stand for it to be a tad more moisturizing but it's still great. I've used many other lotions that claim to make hair grow back slpwer/finer/etc with no success but the Aveeno really works. I have rather dark leg hair that grows back superfast (stubble by the end of the day kind of fast) and I can get a few days out of a shave with this stuff. Definitely a plus for my sensitive skin and helps my expensive razors last longer.