Elizabeth Arden Good Morning Face Serum

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Avocado Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Birch Extract, Chinese Magnolia Extract, Coneflower Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Grape Extract, Grape Seed Extract, Mulberry Extract, Rosemary Extract, Sage Extract, Ceramide 6 II, Retinyl Linoleate, Tridecyl Salicylate, Butylene Glycol, Water, Disodium EDTA, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone Copolyol.

on 11/7/2014 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Not well suited to sensitive or dry mature skin. It feels soft and silky when applied but leaves a matte finish which I personally do not desire. Again, this is not a primer for mature skin. I have dry skin with signs of aging, and it really didn't do much of anything in the way of being a "treatment" nor a primer for my skin type. Makeup application and wear were as though I hadn't used a primer at all. I can see how it would be well suited to younger skin, but you can find that almost anywhere for a fraction of the cost. I hate to say this, but Maybelline Age Rewind primer works much better! Elizabeth Arden products are the highest of quality - but not this.

on 2/5/2014 11:29:00 PM

I have been using this product for 2 years and I can not go with out it! One bottle lasts me 3 months with daily use. I use AFTER moisturising then I apply make up. It really makes my skin relax and I can feel the product working all day. Even if I am staying at home all day I still apply this serum in the morning. I think it gives my skin a really nice glow/radiance. I ran out of this product a week ago, and my make up has not stayed on all day and my skin became oily because I wasn't using this serum. Luckily I just got paid, so I just ran to the shop this morning to get my next bottle. I love it!

on 12/11/2012 1:18:00 AM

My skin is very dry and acne prone. I started using this serum. After the 3rd day I started breaking out. I was stupid enough to continue using it for another 2 weeks with the overnight serum. After the 2 weeks I had cyst, acne, whiteheads. I stopped using it and threw out both of them. I really don't recommend it if you easily break out.

on 9/1/2009 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great primer! It works wonders when putting on my makeup. It feels so smooth and silky. I think it might have too many 'exotic' ingedients in it for my sensitive skin, So i don;t think i'll re purchase it.

on 5/5/2009 4:01:00 PM

I had got this a while ago, and developed very irritated skin shortly there after. I stopped using it for a while while I was trying to isolate what had caused the irritation, but I used it again today and right now my face is all puffed up.

I would not call this an totally necessary part of my morning routine but it does make my skin feel great and is a great primer for my makeup; especially under the eyes where those tiny fine lines can get overlooked by concealer. The bottle is great and it even smells better than some of Arden's other serums.

on 6/29/2008 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I am actually on my second bottle of this serum, but I wouldn't repurchase again. I'm not really sure what it's meant to do. I bought it the second time because I liked having something on under my foundation - I was advised by the SA to use this over moisturiser, and I have found that this really does work better. It instantly smoothes the skin and does make foundation go on nicely, but I don't think it makes it wear better, controls oil or minimises the appearance of fine lines and pores. After I apply my foundation I can't detect a difference at all. I hardly ever use this because it just doesn't make any difference to my skin, except in the minutes between applying it and applying my foundation. This is my main gripe with this product: it is a nice thing to put on, but I would rather use a product that actually *does* something and feels like it's treating my skin as well as just giving it a soft look and making foundation application smoother. I have recently been trying out serums and primers that are tailored to my skin type, and I am happier with those. Unless you have that elusive 'normal' skin, and don't need any extra help underneath your foundation, I think this product is only ok.

on 3/18/2008 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I agree with the previous review. This isn't a great product, but not bad by any means. The serum is a little thick, but does a great job of absorbing. I agree it does have a powder-y type feel and left my skin soft to the touch ( more like a primer ). I have bought this a few times ONLY when my SA was out of the Elizabeth Arden Bye Lines serum. This gets a 3 rating review on Skin Deep Cosmetics Safety data-base. The E.A. Bye Lines gets a 4 rating. My preference is the lighter, less heavy serums.

on 2/20/2008 1:27:00 PM

This was a good product but not a great product. In the morning when I first put it on it has a powdery feel, texture to it which is great. I didn't notice a difference to the way my foundation went on. It's pricey for the lack of results it promises.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best use of this product is after a moisturizer, and primarily as a foundation primer. (I know Arden recommends before moisturizer, but trust me). This way it works to form a barrier to keep your skin more moisturized and your make up from absorbing into your skin.

Anyways, I have very oily skin with large pores and this product was a god send for me! My foundation now stays on much longer (no more reapplying my whole face mid day) and my make up looks much smoother. And my face does look less greasy through out the day. I absolutely will not go out without this on. Even if I'm just making a quick run to the store, I'll apply some without foundation to help even out my skin's texture and it does give a little bit of "radiance" to my skin.

The full size of this product last me a little over 3 months, and that's with everyday use. A little of this product goes a long way :)

Popular Treatments (Face)