October 21, 2014 | 1839 users online

Blush - Smashbox - Prism

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Aminsat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

BEAUTIFUL blush! I use this on my cheeks to get a luminous, slightly flushed glow. It's like dusting on angelic swirls to your cheeks! Okay, maybe a little dramatic but it melts onto your skin so seamlessly. A hint of frost but not shimmery, just sweet uplifting glow. As an NC35 NARS Stromboli, warm peachy colours are often recommended to me but I find this neutral pink works so nice on my skin. I think it would look just great with lighter & darker skintones too, the same deliciously ethereal effect.

I've had this for a year and hardly made a dent in the pot. I swirl it on with my MAC 187 stippling blush for a gentle radiance. So glam!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by auraborialis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am kicking myself for waiting so long to try this! I just bought Shimmer, the other Smashbox softlight, last week at Ulta. I ultimately chose Shimmer over Prism at the time because Prism looked like a crazy bubblegum pink on my hand and I didn't want to put any on my face for fear of looking like a clown for the rest of the day. Well, after reading many positive reviews on here I decided to take the plunge and I am so glad I did!

Smashbox meant for this to be an all-over color to warm up the face, but I use it as blush and it compliments my fair, very yellow NC20-25 skin beautifully. The color looks scary in the pan but is actually not dense at all when applied and is very easily buildable. (When I put it on my hand it was with a q-tip and I used a LOT of product - I wanted to see the true color). The best thing about this product is how finely milled it is and how smoothly it is formulated. It blends like a dream on top of both liquid and powder foundations. I used it with my Jane Iredale BB cream and my Mineral Fusion on different days and got the same amazing results. It seems to smooth out imperfections while adding color and just a little hint of glowiness. I put Prism on the apples of my cheeks and then add Shimmer on the tops of my cheeks and it is like having flattering light on my face 24/7. I can finally look "dewy" without the mess of other liquid products that promise the same thing.

Another great positive about this product is that it can be applied with fingers. In the interest of time one morning I literally smeared this on my cheeks and it looked almost as good as if I used a brush. So if you're in a hurry and need color on your face, Prism is a sure bet!

One reviewer suggested layering Prism on top of Flush, a blush by Smashbox. I tried doing this at Sephora and found the results a bit too pink, but I am also fair-skinned so this combo may look great on someone NC35/40 or darker.

Just as an aside, I wanted to buy matching lipgloss so I tried on For Keeps (Smashbox longwear gloss) and Pop (Smashbox lip enhancing gloss). I have very pigmented lips that are usually between a purply-raspberry color and slightly more red. For Keeps would be a great gloss for someone who has naturally pale lips. I, however, went with Pop as it has a bit more color and pulls very slightly more peach on a swatch, which helps neutralize the purple in my lips and ultimately matches with Prism.

Highly recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Flossie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite blush and I have been using it for several years. I'm amazed that it is still available because it's been around for awhile. It's a pale baby pink powder but without heavy blueish undertones. Just a nice ice pink shade that is ideal for very fair to fair skin and you don't need to apply it more than once a day. It's very pigmented. The pan is large which may explain the price. In Canada it sells for $36 but it will last you a year even if you use it every day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Prism is what MAC's Well Dressed wants to be: a beautiful cool toned baby pink that is extremely pigmented and long wearing. With Well Dressed I have to continuously apply more and more in order to get any sort of color payoff. With Prism, just one swipe on each cheek (typically using a MAC 187) and I'm good to go. Smashbox gives you 10g of product, although at $30 it's definitely on the pricier side. But because it's so pigmented and you get so much product in the pan, I think it's worth the money if you can afford it. It's a very beautiful blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

This has got to be one of my all time favourite blushes. Although this is a very pricey blush (£23.50) it is worth every penny. First of all, I picked this up imagining that it would be something similar to MAC's Well Dressed, because I am a fan of baby pink blushes, or any shade of pink for that matter, pinks seem to compliment my skin tone really well. Anyway, I tested Prism on the back of my hand at Boots and was a little worried at first, because on the back of my hand the colour seemed to come up really sheer, which I don't particularly like when it comes to my cheeks. I don't want clown cheeks, but I don't want to look as though I'm not wearing any blush at all. It also looked like it had a little too much glitter, which I'm not a fan of looking to shiny either. However, I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt because I considered the lighting in stores and find that it can often distort the way things look compared to when you get them home and put them on. I'm really glad that I did because I'm super happy with the end result. When I actually used it on my cheeks it was a lot more pigmented, it was more deep pink in colour which I really liked and just a little hint of shine to give you that sought after 'healthy glow'. I thought perhaps because I am so fair the colour shows up a lot more on my cheeks. It also lasts all day without any need for touch ups, even in the current hot weather. Definitely not one to buy if you are on a budget, but a beautiful and well made purchase if you have cash to splash! Would definitely recommend and buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

I don't shout "HG" very often but yeah, I have found The One. I am obsessed with blushes and highlighters, but have been searching and searching for the palest cool pink I could find. TheBalm Down Boy is pretty close but Prism is more finely milled, paler, and not at all matte. Mac Well Dressed is basically the same color but has very little pigmentation.

I am about NW15 with a lot of redness, so medium pink blushes (as in the ones that look most natural on most people) don't work on me, and make my skin look even blotchier. I've been looking for a very pale color because to actually tone the redness down. The problem with most pale pink blushes is that they aren't pigmented. Just because it's a pale color doesn't mean you should have to go back and forth with your brush 10 times to see a difference on your face! One swipe of Prism shows up without a problem, and smooths right over my red cheeks, toning the blotchiness down to a very soft cotton candy pink.

It's shimmery and it does have microglitter, but I don't see pieces of actual glitter on my cheeks. For many people the pale color as well as the finish would put it into the highlighter category. But if you have redness or rosacea, and would like to wear blush but feel it's counter-intuitive, try Prism.

PS: I found this at a CCO for about $21.00 rather than the full price of $29.00 at other stores.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by vhisko

I really like the colour of this. It goes very well with cool undertones, and the shimmer is also nice. It's a very subtle colour, which is great. The only reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 was the price, which was 35 dollars, although it seems like it will last a long time!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by puttay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't think this blush gets the credit it deserves!

I would call this blush a mattish, very pigmented, ashy, baby pink color!

A few years ago I was possessed with baby pink blushers, but my obsession slowly turned into more peachy tones over the years, and I forgot how much I liked this blush!

My other favorites are NARS "deep throat" (warm pink peach), MAC's "dainty" (more pink and cool than deep throat), The Body Shop in "petal" and I recently tried Benefits "dandelion" which look a bit similar to this, in the pot - but comes no wear near when applied !

I think this is a good blush on pale pink skin, and pale yellow skin - However I wouldn't recommend it on medium-dark skin tones as I think it will look a bit artificial (think barbie).

I really like this blush as it gives me a healthy glow, and I love the light "summer ballerina" look it creates on me! I recommend using it with a little babypink gloss/lipbalm as it will keep you from the dreaded "light pink cheeks, red'ish mouth" look.

I really like this blush and it is one of my favorites - 4 stars!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by KittyLovesGingers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is so lovely to use. I think Dainty by MAC is my HG blush but I fond this to be similar, and a little more pigmented (and without the shimmer of the MAC). It's great during winter when I'm all pale and washed out, giving a great pop of colour with very little product. Last ages too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue-eyed NW10 (NW20 in the summers when tanning from a bottle).

This seems like a product that works for alot of people, and surprisingly, I could not get it to work for me. I tried using it as a highlighter (too pink and opaque), tried using it as a blush (not opaque enough and seemed like the wrong kind of pink on me), and tried layering it with a highlighter and/or blush to see if it was a great "emphasizer" of other products, but not on me...

It is a finely milled, decent product. So didn't take too many lippies off.