September 2, 2014 | 1938 users online

Cleansers - Nuskin - 180 Face Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by ventiquattro

I don't understand the negative reviews of this product. I've been using this one for the past 4 years and I have to say that this is my HG cleanser! There's nothing this little baby can't remove, and I love how this leaves my face clean, bright, and glowing! I'd have to agree with bella615 on this one: You have to learn how to use this cleanser properly to earn its benefits. It's a bit pricey but I believe that this product gives great value for money. Give it another try and follow the directions to the letter. You won't be disappointed, I promise! ♥

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by hjjung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a creamy, slight foaming cleanser. I like that it comes in a tube, however it was painful to open the cap; it wouldn't flip open easily, and my fingers hurt from trying to flip the tube cap open. I use this as my morning face wash just to get rid of excess oil, but I don't use this when I really need to clean my skin because it doesn't feel like it cleanses my skin properly.. and it certainly does NOT remove any makeup one bit. The smell is a light orangey vitamin c smell, but nothing special..won't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2010 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Jys0009

First of all, I have been giving this product a try and using it generously. I have combination oily skin (dryness on the cheeks) and this product makes me break out so much. I had started breaking out just two days after using it. Two days... It smells so good though, like vitamin c lemons. But it just doesn't work, it says that it's made out of natural products too, but who knows. It smells pretty strong to me. I would not recommend this to anyone... I'm just not saying this because I just want to hate on this product but I actually used the clearaction nuskin facial cleanser before and I loved it. This is just not that great of a cleanser, it also gave me a rash and I have no idea how that happend. Anyways! If you want a nuskin cleanser try the clearaction cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by bella615

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

There are two reasons people end up unhappy w/ this product: 1. The person has somewhat sensitive skin, or doesn't have a skin condition suitable for this type of cleanser, or number 2. (and likely the most common) - the person, unfortunately, wasn't taught how to properly use the cleanser.

Vitamin C is clinically proven to improve the skin - not harm it. If you're experiencing pink bumps after using this cleanser, you either have sensitized skin, or you're using too much of the product without enough water. You may not have sensitivity to other products, but you may also not have tried other products as ACTIVE as this one.

This is a UNIQUE product. Vitamin C is water soluble. This means that vita-c based cleansers w/ water - will not have the same power as a cleanser that contains no water. In a product like this, the vitamin c activates and becomes soluble when the water comes in to play.

Also, vita-c is the 2nd ingredient in the cleanser... This means POWERFUL stuff. Not to be used improperly, not to be mistaken for the very low formulations found in most other cleansers. In fact, a bit of this cleanser in a glass of water with iodine - will turn the iodine clear. It's THAT powerful.

Proper Use: A TINY AMOUNT - the size of a green pea. Moisten your face well with water - dab the cleanser on your skin - THEN wet your hands well, and work the cleanser over your face. It WILL emulsify IF you get enough water. You only need to cleanse for a small amount of time - less than a minute. This is not a low-power cleanser that needs to be worked for a long time into the skin - fast cleanse, plenty of water, and a thorough removal.

By the way, NuSkin actually guarantees the 180 line. I don't know of many skin care lines that do this. The products are fantastic, people just need to be educated better on how to use them properly.

Not everyone will love every product. But, to call this product a joke or totally bash it because you didn't personally like it is senseless. There are tons of products out there my friends love that I don't care for - just the same as perfumes, music, decor, cars, food, you name it... Not liking it doesn't make it bad. Maybe it wasn't for you - or maybe you needed better information on amounts and proper use.

I'm a licensed esthetician (skin care therapist), and I was in awe when I found this cleanser. If I didn't know skin care - I might have found it too strong - as I probably would've used too much, cleansed too long, and not understood why the texture is what it is (it's water free, in a glycerine base - that's why it's so active, and that's why it's thick - it's supposed to be). But, fortunately, I do know these things... So, for anyone who's thinking of trying - take the tips above and maybe you'll see it works well! I do know two people who can't tolerate the product - however, they are both sensitive to a lot of other products as well. Working in this industry - I see this ALL the time with ALL sorts of products - not just a vita-c cleanser!

Finally: Breakouts. Vita-C doesn't cause acne. If you've overused - in amount or in time - or if you have sensitive skin - you could react with tiny pink bumps. They'll go away - and it's just a sign that this strong a percentage doesn't work for your skin - OR - You need to cut back how much you use, add more water, and cleanse for less time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by pinkishbluish

I also dont understand why there are so many bad reviews on this product. Personally I have used this face wash on and off for like 6 years and it is still the face wash I come back to whenever I have a bad skin day. The vitamin C content of this wash is very high, so it may be the reason why it is a bit drying as it is more of a treatment wash than a moisturizing wash. I love to use this when my skin is recovering from some nasty breakouts. It just lessens the red and I can feel my skin recovering after a couple of days. The skin feels very smooth and looks bright after I massage the wash into the skin for a few minutes. I really like this wash a lot but I wont recommend it to anyone with sensitive or dry skin. It is my HG face wash!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2008 2:30:00 PM More reviews by elleteo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hmmm.. i'm not too sure why were the reviews so bad for this but i personally find this face wash amazing! I used to have great skin, up till i started experimenting with all kinds of masks and what have you and the next thing i knew, my skin condition went downhill. I started having zits on my cheeks, chin, and these are stubborn zits which refused to go away regardless of what pimple gel/acne face wash i used. My confidence was sooo shattered, i dunno where's that great skin of mine anymore, then a friend recommended this to me, she said it can clear up the scars on my face and clear the redness, but it takes time and it will cause an initial breakout. Sure enough, the initial breakout came, and i must say the product makes your skin feel tightened, but come month 2.5 into using the product and the pimples are kept at bay. My complexion is gradually returning it to the state it once was, after 1.5 yrs of agony.. A word of advice though, do use a NON ALCOHOL toner to avoid further drying of the skin, and moisturize alot. Then experience the effects of this face wash for yourself.

I never believed a face wash could do anything due to the short duration it stays on one's face.. until i tried this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2008 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Laera

Ok. I'm 38yrs old and total strangers say I look like i'm only in my late 20's. And when i'm running errands and have no time to wear makeup, i've received comments from strangers who say I look like a teenager. I've been using NuSkin 180 Face Wash for 4 years. It cleans well and I have no complaints. It does dry out my dry skin but I follow with Nuskin Nutricentials Toner and 180 moisturizer. I have never broken out with this product at all. I don't know if the Nuskin 180 skincare line works but I can't argue with the nice comments/compliments i've received on my skin. :-D
UPDATE: Recently, I had to change my skincare line because I didn't think my skin was receiving enough moisture from the 180 skincare line (skin was still feeling a bit tight after moisturizing). So, I started using DHC Q10 skincare line since early Jan 2008. I just hope it works as well on anti-aging as the Nuskin 180 did.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2007 11:47:00 AM More reviews by productjunkie76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree with the last reviewer- i don't know what is in there but it is way too thick and hard to rinse off and definitely caused some irritation and breakouts for me. It has been a long time since i've used it but i still remember the reaction i got.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2007 5:05:00 AM More reviews by LuxurySkincare

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is crap, absolutely crap. What was NuSkin thinking? Some ingredients are skin irritants, it's thick like toothpaste and does not emulsify easy. Seriously - DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2006 8:42:00 PM More reviews by pinki3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

whats the hype about this cleanser? it is overpriced. i used it for about 2weeks and stopped using it because my skin started breaking out like crazy and i switched back to my chanel cleanser and plain avon mark acne cleanser.