October 25, 2014 | 946 users online

Skincare - Face - MD Forte - Facial Lotion II

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by kfulghum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for about 3 months now, after using the Facial Lotion 1 for almost 9 months. My skin is oily-combination, red, and sensitive, and I have old acne scars. This product doesn't aggravate my skin at all, just a slight tingling. I put it on at night, not during the day. It does leave me a little dry if I use it by itself, but usually I put a moisturizer on over it. When I shower the next morning, my face is so smooth. As for the acne scars, I have seen only a slight reduction in those. I saw more of a drastic difference in my skin with the Facial Lotion 1, but still my skin looks better than it has in a long time. I have had some breakouts with this, but not enough to outweigh its obvious benefits. I will definitely repurchase or move on to the number 3 lotion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by caramelkiss19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've waited a long time to review this, that being said it's praise is overdue. I have struggled with its placement in my regimen for some time because I cannot combine it with my BP night treatment without killing my face : / Now that I have found a high PPD sunscreen I can apply this in the morning underneath. I love the light consistency, I put a nickel size dollop in my palm, rub between my hands and apply all over my face. My hope is that the combo of this + sunscreen will greatly improve my skin-tone and texture over time. Thank you skincare board for leading me in the right direction all these years <3

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by sophiapirie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this like a week ago and the lady there told me to use it morning and night. I did that for two days and the 3rd day i noticed my skin was very irriated, breaking out and just angry over all. I dont know why i listened to her, i know better. So i've laid off all my active products i use and am just using a mild cream wash my regular moisturizer with some spf. My skin is raw and peeling under my chin and around my nose. It definately exfoliates. Other then that, my break outs are healing and going away and the dry spots are peeling and getting better. I just over killed it. So i guess long story short only use this every other day once a day! Or less. Geez. Im going to re-introduce it into my routine in two days. Every other night. I'll update.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by clarefromcali99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this serum lotion for about 7 years, since Biomedic discontinued the ever-so awesome Conditioning Gel. This product isn't *that* effective. Personally, I believe you need to have pretty good skin to begin with for any type of glycolic/exfoliant product to work efficiently. However, it's not a bad product for maintenance purpose. Up until a year or so ago, I've been getting monthly microdermabrasion and chemical peels, which really perfected my skin. This lotion helped maintain my skin's clarity. I don't know why I stopped getting the peels, but I have been using this lotion several nights a week and found that it's not too effective if your skin isn't already in peak/good condition. Bottom line: this isn't a miracle lotion, but it does help with gentle exfoliation, NOT wrinkles and/or acne scars. For these, you should really invest in effective treatment like peels or fotofacials, or even Retin-A.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Svetlana7311

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sorry to say but this lotion and creamy glycolic cleanser both break me out, especially lotion. I do love MD Forte glycare cleansing gel and never had any problems with it. I tried this lotion numerous times last year, I really wanted it to work for me because it has perfect ingredients, my skin looks absolutely gorgeous, it starts working instantly, tiny pores, healthy, bright, glowing from inside skin for a about three days and then.... huge enormous painful zits, sometimes almost a size of a nickel, very hard to get rid off, try to conceal this sucker huh? may be cystic acne, I am not sure. I don't have acne, I used it for the purpose of treating pores/blackheads, overall skin appearance. And truly it does, just has a huge drawback. Too bad. I finally threw it away, don't want to try again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 1:13:00 AM More reviews by curlycuesue

Why, oh why, didn't I try this sooner???? I've been using the MD Forte cleansers for years, but never even thought to look at the lotions, thinking I didn't need so much glycolic acid in my regimen. But this lotion is fabulous! It's quite liquidy so all I need is a drop for my entire face. It keeps my skin clear and radiant, and even seems to diminish pore size. Also, it helps heal blemishes much quicker than any other lotions I've tried, and any remaining scars are quickly gone. I'm definitely buying this again!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 11:43:00 AM More reviews by sloro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

WOW, just WOW! I have been using this for a short time and it has made a HUGE impact on my old acne scars. I have used Finacea and Tazorac, and this lotion has done more for my old scars in days than the Taz and Finacea combined have in months. I have had zero irritation from this and none of the usual Glycolic Acid stinging when applied. I use under sunscreen during the day, and have found that I am less oily as well. Great formulation and will not clog pores. It's 20% Glycolic Acid. ♥
Ingredients:
Purified Water, Glycolic Acid (and) Ammonium Glycolate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2008 7:23:00 PM More reviews by apotter26

I purchased facial loton I and really like it. So, I moved up to facial lotion II thining I needed a stronger AHA. This product really exfoliates the skin, but I think it is a littler harsher than facial lotion II. Not sure if it is the stronger AHA or the buffering in product. This is a little drying on my combination/dry skin. I feel that I have to apply more moisturizer. I probably should of purchased the cream instead of the lotion. If a person has oily skin, then this would be ideal. The lotion's are very thin and watery, but effective. I purchased the lotions instead of the creams thinking they would be less emollient, but that is probably what I needed. It is Spring, so I will be fine in a few months since my skin gets more oilier in the hotter months, but I will purchase the cream in the winter months.

Overall, MD forte's glycolic line is one of the best products I have used. I will repurchase there glycolic products and more than likely will not venture off to try other products that have AHA's. I am very impressed with this company. I am an esthetician and if I owned my own salon/spa, I would sell this line!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2007 2:46:00 PM More reviews by jferrarese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great product and has helped with my hormonal breakouts. Due to a massive shift caused by medication, my skin went from porcelain perfect to something resembling an angry teenager's. I got oily and blotchy and had pimples all over.

This helped settle my skin w/i 2 weeks time. A few weeks later, there's a pimple here/there but you see it getting better on a daily basis. I could only hope it went faster but skin needs time to renew.

This product isn't really a lotion. It's more like a serum. I put a moisturizing product on top. There is no other way. You need moisture with this.

Packaging, as others mention, is rather cheap but sturdy. I don't care - it's about the content as I keep it in a drawer. But ok, it's definitely not counter top worthy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2007 1:33:00 PM More reviews by januaryozan

Love, Love, Love this product. I am a victim of hormonal acne. NOTHING has worked to cure the large red cysts. I have tried Retin A, Differin and ACCUTANE! After two uses of this product in combination with the Facial Cleanser III and Astara's Blue Flame Purification Mask I am acne free! I finally found my HG products!!