August 1, 2014 | 1254 users online

Conditioner - Kenra - Moisturizing Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful daily conditioner for damaged and/or dry hair. It works well on all types of hair from thin to thick.

I get a lot of slip from this conditioner and it detangles like a champ. It leaves my hair super shiny and smells fantastic. It also gives my curls a lot of bounce and leaves them silky smooth. I find this comperable to Alterna at a much better price point.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Kolran

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have thick, dry, frizzy, wavy hair. I used the moisturizing shampoo and conditioner together. This product leaves my hair feeling like straw. The first time I used this it didn't seem too bad and I had hoped it would get better with continued use. I was wrong. By the third use, I couldn't even get a brush through my hair to untangle all of the knots.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I remember buying this conditioner years ago and not really caring for it (Left my hair too puffy looking). Ulta was having a liter sale and I decided to take a big risk and see if my hair would respond better this time round. I'm glad I did. The key to making this work for my hair is to dilute it with a bit of water or instead of wringing out your hair to apply the conditioner, just leave it soaking wet. It softens beautifully and leaves my hair very shiny and glossy looking. This contains a wheat protein and my hair tolerates it very well. I actually found it to be moisturizing. I have not used this as a leave-in but will have to try that soon. You don't need to use palm fulls of this so my liter will last me a long time and is good for eighteen months. This also does a decent job of controlling frizz. It has a wonderful coconut fragrance that I adore (some may not like it or grow weary of it) and it doesn't come off as too artificial so that is a plus. It does linger after my hair dries which I don't mind. The bottle itself is sleek and simple. I was able to score a free pump from Ulta just by buying the liter size and it makes it easier to use in the shower. I feel this is really helping me to shed less since it is so emollient.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by jennadev74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love the smell!!! and my hair is so soft , feels awesome, its nice and light for my fine hair, pricy, I got the gift pack, shampoo, hairspray and conditioner for $40 , on sale, regular was pretty hefty, but worth it now that I tried it. Will be sticking with this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by 1017

It was ok. I have a tough combo of fine and curly hair. Apparently, I have issues with some proteins, moisturizing conditioners tend to be too heavy, can't touch volumizing ones, they dry me out...what a mess. So far the only conditioner I can commit to is Pureology Hydrate. This one left me with flat fuzzy curls and almost crunchy. I don't want to say it is horrible...it is average...but this is what average conditioners do to me. It is silicone free for those that care. I think I need some silicones though. Just too fuzzy, undefined of curls with this. The coconut smell is nice but could get annoying after a while. My hair does feel softer with this than the Joico Moisture Recovery, but I think it looked shinier with the Moisture Recovery. Either way, going back to Pureology Hydrate.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 2:37:00 AM More reviews by jtmonian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Kenra Moisture Conditioner, it's a hair saver. It is true, Do Not Leave on too long, I follow instructions on this one, for a co wash I stick with Aubrey Honeysuckle. KENRA IS MY OLD SCHOOL LOVE, we go way back.....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this on sale. I would've never spent $30 to try it. I'm so glad I was able to try this conditioner. I've finally found my HG moisturizing conditioner. My hair is relaxed and color treated so I have to stay on top of it or it will dry out. Before I was using less expensive conditioners and having to mix them with oils and leaving it in my hair for hours at a time. With Kenra I leave on my hair about 5 mins while I'm in the shower and my hair is nice and soft when I rinse it out. I am protein sensitive so I only use this conditioner when I haven't used anything else with protein in it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by akaredhead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This conditioner is the worst I have ever used. I like to switch up my routine to keep my hair healthy and happy so I thought I would give this one a try. I thought it was a little runnier than I like but it smelled nice and I had heard good things.

This shampoo and conditioner changed my hair. I have curly hair that I straighten about every three days or so, and in the month I was using it about two inches of hair broke off, it took me about that long to realize that it was this product that was making it happen. I was livid to say the least.

After just a week of switching back to Kpak my hair already felt better and was on the mend. I have never been so upset in my life.

I am now doing all the repair I can and mending it back to health NEVER buy this product it ruined my hair and took my length.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by zoegirl1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

Best dang thing I've ever used on my hair. Period. Pricey, but worth every penny, and extremely concentrated, so I really can use a smaller amount, this coming from a girl who usually needs handfuls of conditioner to even come close to detangling my mane. This stuff makes my hair soft, shiny and manageable. No small feat considering I have damaged, extremely curly, very fine textured, thick hair. Pretty much impossible hair to deal with...but Kenra has changed all that. I don't know if I can ever use another conditioner again. I buy the liter bottles to make the cost more realistic.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 1:29:00 AM More reviews by rburney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This had become difficult to find unexpired and at a value online. Best value on the ground was Ulta who doesn't stock the liters ( liter sale) in my area regularly. My fav and I had to part ways, but I was introduced to Design Essentials Express Instant Moisturizing Conditioner by a hairdresser. Easier to find in economy sizes, better value, and dare I say better results.

ORIGINAL:
This is a HG desert island beauty product for me. No conditioner leaves my afro hair as elastic, moisturized, and well behaved as this. This condish has allowed me to regrow my hair while minimizing breakage and splits. It is expensive, but the ingredients are unique enough to justify the cost if you buy in bulk. I have yet to find an equivalent at the drugstore or boutique levels.

EDIT: I should also add that I am not paid to advertise for Kenra, have been using Kenra and Elucence conditioners for several years, and am extremely particular about the ingredients I use. I'm not cone averse and must understand the role of an ingredient in a formulation before I use it. Also please note that I am African American with fine type 4 hair. YMMV.