August 1, 2014 | 1914 users online

Polishes - OPI - Blushingham Palace

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by polishnut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OPI's Blushingham Palace is a warm-toned, dusty, blushed-rose light-medium pink polish with a borderline metallic/borderline frosty finish. This one, IMO, is very safe, work appropriate, and "mature." The color, on my fair skin with yellow undertones, leans toward the peachy-rose gold/gilded rosy mauve end of the spectrum and isn't very flattering to my skin tone. (It kind of gives my cuticles that dirty-tanned hue.) The finish is reminiscent of pearly polish finishes from the 1980s. The application was very smooth and totally opaque in two coats; however, because of the semi-frosty finish, there were very faint brush stroke lines. Wear time was very good at four to five days with no chipping or cracking with SV as my topcoat. All in all, I really don't care for this color as it clashes with my skin tones. (Other reviewers have stated they see mauve/lilac/purple tones in this but on me there were none of those colors - just dusty rosy bronzed mauve.) All in all, I do not care for this color and would not purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by TheAscension

This color is a great consistency, and has good wear. It's complete coverage in about two coats In the bottle, it looks like it's this gorgeous pink color with a gold shimmer in it. When I put it on, though, it just looks a bit weird. Not my favorite color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 6:14:00 AM More reviews by cyeung71

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am wearing Blushingham Palace right now while I am doing this review. For some reason it has been sitting with all her sisters for a while but I haven't give it a go. Every now and then I will pick up this bottle and have a look and said "I will give you a go" and then for some reason, I put it down and put on a different color. I don't think it's fair on her so I decided to put it on tonight. It's very frosty and shimmery. It's definitely dusty rose/pink with a bit of mauve tone in it. Application is so easy but I do agree with some viewers, this is more granny color to me which at this moment, I am not one yet. But I don't mind wearing it to work but not for a girl night out. It's from the British Collection and this is one of the few colors that OPI still make. Probably because it has to satifsy their granny clients. Anyway, at least I give it a go and may be I will put it on again after 10 years and see whether I will grow to like it. I am not saying I am disliking this color but it's not one of my favourites.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Totally agree with mudpie1964 - this is a very old lady shade of frosted rose petal pink. It's too 80s throwback for my taste, but nevertheless it is a pretty colour. Application is excellent, as with all frosted OPI polishes, although it is somewhat watery and requires two shades for even application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 12:30:00 AM More reviews by tenderheart003

I love this shade! I find it pretty complex. I would call it a metallic medium dusty rose-mauve. I am NW25 and find this perfect for toes and hands. It's very feminine and springy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 9:36:00 AM More reviews by mudpie1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OPI's Blushingham Palace is a frosty medium light pink-rose color. I wasn't impressed with this color because it was way too frosty in a 1970s kind of way and looked like a shade my grandmother (bless her soul) wore back then. The application was a little "off" because of the frostiness (brush strokes) but the whole mani lasted well with no chips or crazing until day five or six (typical OPI quality). Also, it was opaque at two coats. However, I really didn't like this color and had to put a layer of Movin' Out over the top to make it interesting (that's a very neat combination BTW). So I'm giving it a 2 based on the color factor alone and wouldn't repurchase based on that.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by lovestosmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Classy shimmer pink. Great for work or dinner with the In-Laws.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 4:24:00 PM More reviews by zombiekitten87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is def. an interesting color. A deep, blush-rose color with silver, almost diamond shimmer. It goes on nicely with about three coats to achieve opaqueness. Looks nice on me, so I'll wear it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2008 11:22:00 AM More reviews by shamrocked

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

What a great "Grab them but don't push them over the top" shade!

I've failed to admit i'm 30+ and still very much like those "grab them by the throat" type colors, but some little voice scolds me I'm going to turn into that old lady with fuschia lip stick so I try to find some king of middle-ground compromise. This totally fits the bill.

It's a medium-to-dark pinky-purple with high metallic/shinyness. Yes theres definite purple in it, but its a rare breed of "Office-Friendly Purple" because the pink reigns it in abit.

It's definitely up there on the girlyness factor and just an overall fun shade without the "teeny-bopper" nor "las vegas stripper" effect.

Definitely one of my top OPI pics, applause for OPI (who i'm failing to mention deliver just such quality formulas that any time I stray I go running back begging forgiveness - OPI = holy grail of polishes!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2007 9:52:00 PM More reviews by bulamae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a shimmery, medium pink that is neutral. I didn't really pick up any purple tones. I'm PPP, cool, so maybe that is why? It's sort of an adorable color, but not one that isn't over-the-top cutesy.