MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

NC42 MAC/honey in Bobbi Brown/ 60 mat velvet Makeup Forever
Indian/oily skin

This can be a hit or miss for us Indian/Darker skintone peeps so dont read this review, go try it and only then buy it!

The colour is gorgeous, the lippie is drying and you have to apply 3-4 times to get a full even colour on lips. Huge statement maker lipstick, i envy those who can rock it every day.
I tried but just couldnt. It drew a lot of focus on my hyper pigmentation/uneven colour around my mouth area so wont be buying again.

I wanted to love this product. Really, I did. But it was just a bust for me. The formula was incredibly drying. It stayed put, but creased and made my lips look old and dehydrated. It took four applications to get the color to be opaque and not splotchy. The red tone was pretty, and the vanilla scent is nice, but honestly I'd rather buy a drugstore matte product to this one. Save your money on their primer- which I adore. This lipstick is a miss.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Ruby Woo is definitely my favorite red lipstick shade. It IS a bit dry but nothing a little bit of lip balm or moisturizer can't help. My lips "crack" a lot so what I do is scrub my lips beforehand and it looks flawless.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is the best red for my skin tone by far. I have brown skin with yellow undertones, and this shade brings out my skin tone in a way no other red lipstick can. The retro matte formula is drying, but I love the matte red lip look, so I just give my lips some extra TLC before and after using this lipstick. I have already used up two tubes and am now on my third. I use it with the MAC Ruby Woo lip liner to get a perfectly defined red lip.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

I don't know what took me so long to get this color.

This is most beautiful shade of red and I could literally wear it everyday. It doesn't fade very easily and that's a definite plus.

It's super drying so be sure to exfoliate and moisturize beforehand.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My third mac lipstick. I really do love this color. It suits any skin color!!! And you can wear this at any occassion! 💕

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

My first mac lipstick! It's a gorgeous shade and goes on very well. If you go out to eat, you'll have to reapply but there is still a nice tint left. Highly recommend!

I got this lipstick as my free Back to Mac and I couldn´t be happier. The color is so bold and brightening!!! It is my everyday color, I love how it brings out the green in my eyes. I would highly recommend it as your first Mac lipstick because it suits everyone.

Since I wear it on a regular basis, what I use as my "everyday makeup" are black mascara and tinted moisturizer/foundation and Ruby Woo. I do have to reapply after lunch but other than minimal fading I see no issues with it.

I would repurchase this in a heartbeat. The color is very pretty. The most vivid bright beautiful red I've ever seen in a lipstick. The formula is a bit drying but doesn't make my lips peel like most matte lipsticks. It wears down beautifully and leaves a stain. Long wearing. Use a lip balm before applying and then blot and reapply. It will stay on all day until you eat something oily. Again best red ever !!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So disappointed with this lipstick! I love MAC lipsticks and had yet to try Ruby Woo so I ordered it online. I had read that it was drying but wow they weren't lying! It is a vivid red that is very flattering and photographs beautifully but... the texture is terrible. It feels like I'm dragging a crayon over my lips when applying it. I also notice that it feathers after a while, and yes I do apply lipliner before the lipstick. The wear is also not that great after eating and drinking which is surprising given that I have other MAC lipsticks that stay on wonderfully. Wish I could keep it just for the beautiful color but not worth it to me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials