MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

4.4

on 8/26/2015 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is my first red lipstick. The saleslady at MAC talked me into it because I have always stayed away from anything bright on my lips because they are so full. I was amazed at how it just looked like it was made just for my lips lol. They have a violet color I'm working up the nerve to get now..

on 8/24/2015 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I loved MAC's matte lipsticks back in the day when I first discovered MAC (circa 1992) and I wore them religiously.
Sadly, my lips could no longer tolerate matte formulas over time and I went on to other makeup lines.
Ruby Woo is my first Retro Matte lipstick and it doesn't disappoint.

It's a beautiful blue based red that doesn't turn pink on my lips (as most blue based reds do) and the formula is actually relatively comfortable. I say relatively because I still need to make sure my lips are well exfoliated and prepped with lip balm before applying this lipstick.

I love red lipsticks and I've collected enough of them in my makeup wearing years to say that Ruby Woo is a classic glamourous red that rivals my beloved Giorgio Armani #400.

Staying power is great and even after lunch, I still had some lipstick remaining. (albeit as a stain)

If you get just one red lipstick, I would highly recommend Ruby Woo.

on 8/23/2015 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've always had trouble finding a lipstick to suit me. I'm very fair and cool-toned. My sister has the same skin tone as me and she had told me she purchased "Ruby Woo" after hearing that Taylor Swift wore it. I purchased it at one of my local MAC stores. It's absolutely perfect. It's a creamy matte blue-toned red. I think it would look beautiful on anyone.

on 8/19/2015 4:02:00 AM

Classic! Part of my 3 top fall colors

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my first ever MAC lipstick and I'm so beyond happy with it. I always heard people talk about this lipstick and how gorgeous it was, but I'm one of those people that refuses to spend a lot of money on something that is dupeable. I looked for ages trying to find a dupe for this lipstick, but there just didn't seem to be anything like it. Sure, there were colours that were kind of similar to it, but I really wanted it not just for the colour, but for the ultra matte velvety look it gives. After trying it, I can honestly say it was all it was hyped up to be and more. Its super opaque, long wearing, very matte, and is the most beautiful blue toned red colour that will flatter ANY skin tone and make your teeth look WHITE. The only downside to this lipstick is that it is a very dry formula and doesn't layer too well once it dries, so I would definitely recommend exfoliating your lips and applying lip balm before you apply this lipstick, otherwise it will just cling and drag to the dry parts of your lips. Other than that, this lipstick is perfection.

on 8/17/2015 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

HONEST first impression review: I've been contemplating buying Ruby Woo forever and finally gave in. It is so dry and very trying just to get it on my lips! I have several matte lipsticks incl. MAC that doesn't have this issue. After finally getting it on my lips though the COLOR is just amazing. I'm a lover of red lipsticks and this is definitely red! I'm not sure if I will be repurchasing. NARS also has a velvet matte that I keep going back to - Cruella which has a lot better consistency (easy to put on) and also has the same long lasting staying power.

on 8/17/2015 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Ok here goes, officially my first review. I wanted to buy this lipstick for the longest time but I already had such a big collection of red lipsticks. Finally I took the plunge and let me just say I am in love!!! This colour really does suit every skin tone. Today I wore it with no other makeup aside from some concealer and mascara and I felt like a diva. love love love!!!

on 8/10/2015 7:29:00 PM

So so drying but the staying power is incredible! I have had 2 in the past but haven't repurchased for a 3rd time as wanted to try another of MACs reds but I think I will always return to this its a staple lippy!

on 8/6/2015 9:31:00 PM

When I first started getting into makeup, this is one of the first lipsticks I've ever purchased. It is highly pigmented and compliments any skin tone! On my NC42 skin tone it looks absoutely amazing! However for the price, I can't justify buying this again. An exact dupe for this is Wet n Wild's Stoplight Red which is only $2.

on 8/6/2015 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

If you are in the market for red lipstick look no further this is the one. I mean come on its MAC!

Video Reviews & Tutorials