December 21, 2014 | 1554 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by RS13

This is a great lipstick. Since its retro matte it's a lot dryer so it does make your lips feel extremely dry. It's amazing color payoff I like it a lot. It does last pretty long. But can come off when you eat and if you don't wear lip liner make you look clownish.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by abzhang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is THE red lipstick. It's been raved about endlessly and I still can't rave about it enough - it is a gorgeous, true red and seems to make everything pop.

That said, it is very drying - I find that applying Nivea Milk & Honey lip balm (the one in the yellow tube) beforehand helps however make sure that your lips have been well exfoliated before applying this because it really emphasizes dry patches on your lips.

HIGHLY recommend this. It makes your teeth look really good too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by hollypop901

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The red lipstick to end all red lipsticks. You can see this red in outer space. This is an eye-popping, show stopping red. When I wear this lipstick, I feel saucy and trampy and sexy. Ruby Woo helps me channel my inner rock and roll bad girl, and it has made my life altogether more fun. Stop debating and get this lipstick.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Rubia1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ruby woo is a very very dry lipstick, once you apply it the appearance really shows the dryness. There are some wonderful alternatives to get a nice bold red lip, also with Mac but without the extreme dryness. Try the long wear line- the red in that formula , I have that for when I feel like rocking the red lip and its moisturizing, stays in place and barley needs touching up during a night out. Hope that helps :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by julalg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Dark pink and patchy and drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGumdrops

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

The perfect red, everyone should own this. It last long and super vibrant! A must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by clare26

I love red lipstick, but I'm very fussy with what shade of red! I think the shade either makes or breaks a good red lip, and if it doesn't suit your skin tone, it isn't going to flatter. For me, this lipstick is as close to the perfect shade of red that I've found. I think it would be flattering on pretty much all skin tones! It is VERY matte, but I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing! Why? Because it NEVER rubs off on my teeth (I can't stand lipsticks that do that! Argh!). As long as your lips aren't dry and chapped before application, you should be fine putting this on! It has good staying power too. I use the MAC cherry lipliner with this lipstick and it goes great together. A definite repurchase for me :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by charleybr0wn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was my first ever MAC lipstick. I bought it because I looooove reds and I love matte lipsticks! The colour is as close to perfect as you can hope for, it really is amazing! Only problem is that this lipstick is verrrrrrry drying compared to other brands and other MAC lipsticks (even the matte ones)! However, all of this can be solved with lip exfoliation and a good lip balm before applying. I love the smell of this lipstick too and the staying power is also amaaaaazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by avenged1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love Mac matte lipsticks and this is my perfect red. Paired with cherry liner it looks flawless. It is drying so exfoliation and lip balm before this is a must. I love the look it gives me. I love this so much I convinced my best friend to wear it on her wedding day and she had no regrets. It's a show stopper for sure. Quite similar to Tom Ford's Cherry Lush in shade not consistency. Fab for all occasions and all skin tones. You will not regret this purchase. It is the best red I've found on my pale Irish skin, black hair and blue/grey eyes. I feel like a real life Snow White with this on. My Italian sister in law with her beautiful Mediterranean skin, chocolate brown hair and brown eyes looks fantastic with this on. My cool toned, pale skin, green eyed, platinum blonde best friend looks radiant with this on. It also looks amazing on African skin, this is probably my favourite skin tone to see it on. I LOVE how it looks on darker skin tones. HG red. It's a no-brainer with fake lashes, winged liner and harmony blush. I think it also looks fab with a gold metallic eye or a bronze smoky eye and warm soul blush. Also, pairing it with burgundy liner gives an interesting take. Or, nightmoth for an ombre look. Will always repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by mzrhodes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this lipstick OMG...im a NC45 in mac and I love the Drama!! This shade of Red gives me...i can dress it down for a casual day...Or Spice it all the way up For a Date night!!! Best Mac purchase so far...love love love