Mario Badescu Drying Lotion

3.5

Ingredients: Isopropyl Alcohol,Deionized Water (Aqua), Calamine, Camphor, Colloidal Sulfur, Salicylic Acid,Glycerine, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Talc 5/20/09

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I like this stuff, but I don't love it. I bought a set at Ulta of three different MB acne products and was excited to try them out because i have heard so many great things. I have VERY small pores, and when I get acne it is very rarely white heads and more so cystic acne that is very deep under my skin and almost impossible to get out. I have fairly good skin otherwise it's that time of the month so I feel very blessed for that, but when I do get a pimple it takes DAYS for it to be "ready" and I always try to get it too early which results in inflammation and a huge mountain on my face. I usually use "Zapzyt" which is incredible or Clean & Clear's "Persa Gel". They are great and always help but they have a very high concentration of Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) and it can really irritate my skin and make the areas I apply it very very red. My skin also gets immune to the Benzoyl Peroxide if I use it too much and then it doesn't really help or do anything. That's when this comes in! The bottle and application is quite messy and awkward but I like the idea that it's more natural? Idk. But it says DO NOT SHAKE on the bottle, which is very important and I've dropped it a couple times and almost had a heart attack lol. I have to use a Q-Tip to dip into the bottle and literally try to scrape the bottom of the product. That's what gets the good stuff out. I apply it directly to the pimple and this stuff BURNS, but that means it's working! I leave it on over night or at least for a couple hours. As it dries and as your face moves around this stuff literally hardens and starts to crack and flake off. Be careful if you're gonna be eating because it will/can flake off and fall into your food lol. This stuff is great for cystic acne and I use it in combination with my BP and it really helps my skin! It isn't the best I have ever tried but I do like it. I would give this 3 and a half lippies if I could! <3

on 8/3/2015 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this stuff. My acne is mainly from hormones and I do have some cystic acne. It decreases the time by half... More for the cystic acne. Just put this stuff on at night and DO NOT pick at your skin. Do not shake the bottle either! My bottle was only $17, so I'm not sure why people think that is expensive. Most good quality skin care items are more than that. The acne still hands around for about a week, but it dries out really fast and I can actually cover it up - instead of looking like an angry zit.

on 6/29/2015 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a good acne treatment to clear up very mild acne. I have tried this on cystic acne and it did not clear it up/help at all, so if you have those avoid this. This has a high alcohol content and smells very highly of alcohol and can burn/irritate skin. This stuff is expensive and you can get the exact same version of this stuff for cheaper at Ulta, called "Bye-Bye Blemish", or plain calamine lotion works just as well. I didn't repurchase this. I would recommend the "Bye-Bye Blemish" to people who are having non-hormonal breakouts.

on 6/29/2015 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product works to save me from most of my acne problem. I don't really have chronic acne all over my face, but i do constantly grow a few acne especially in my t zone area.

This product helps to dry and stop most of my acne from grow and leave ugly scar on my face. Yes, there is still one or two acne that manage to grow no matter how many times you applied this product. However, i think thats fine bacause even when you use dermatologist acne treatment product, there is still one or two acne that just cannot be stop. (I used to visit dermatologist in the past)

I combine this product with sampar invisible c rum and kanebo blanchir regime to make my acne scar less visible. And so far, i am quite happy with the result.

I'm a huge fan of this for hormonal, cystic, blind, sore or red spots.

on 6/4/2015 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Does a great job and dries your zits. However for the same effect and results you could buy "Bye Bye blemish" for half of the cost.

on 5/31/2015 3:57:00 AM

This product is a bit of a hit or miss for me. Some days a pimple would visibly diminish or disappear but some days it would make my pimple WORST or make no change at all.. I'm on the fence about this product. :/

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Did it dry out my acne? Totally. Did it do anything else to help them shirk or disappear? Nope. They didn't even help in reducing the whiteheads on my chin and nose as advertised which sucked considering how much it cost. I could get the same drying effect by leaving a swipe of toothpaste on my pimple.

on 4/29/2015 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This stuff is great, just a nice simple spot treatment. I love it.

I recomened this product to anyone who has oily acne-prone skin. I started getting severe cystic acne about a year ago and this product has been life changing. I get extraction facials every month and the next following 2 days after the facial I use this product. I put it on the spot where she extracted the pimple/white head/ black head from and I see results the next following day. I only use this product after popping/squeezing out the inflamed area and it really flattens the area out. It dosn't do anything for me personally when I just use it on a pimple that I feel is coming out. All in all, amazing product.

Popular Treatments (Face)