Mario Badescu Drying Lotion

3.5

Ingredients: Isopropyl Alcohol,Deionized Water (Aqua), Calamine, Camphor, Colloidal Sulfur, Salicylic Acid,Glycerine, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Talc 5/20/09

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This did absolutely nothing for me

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm really confused about the low rating. This is hands-down my only HG product.

This product works well with new acne spots, stubborn acne spots, and cystic acne. It literally drys all of the gunk up.

It may take some time to get used to, but it is worth it.

The only downside to this product is how fragile it is. My boyfriend loves to shake it, so I feel like I'm always watching him when he goes into my bathroom.

So obsessed with this product. I use a q tip to apply it to my blemishes and the next day they are almost completely gone. Unless it's a larger, more cystic blemish. Then that takes a day or two longer but it definitely reduces the size. Amazing product!!!

I've been really impressed with this drying lotion. My husband and I have similar dry-ish, generally well-behaved skin that hasn't been too much trouble in adulthood. We both use it for occasional spots and have found it to more-or-less work over night on all but the biggest, angriest zit. And it works on those too, it just takes longer.

Last night, I had some left over on the q-tip and smeared it around on my nose, thought better of it and wiped it off. My pores aren't huge, and I only had a few noticeable blackheads, but now I have none. I wouldn't do this regularly, it *is* drying, but what a nice surprise this morning!

It's stinky, and as the name suggests, drying. But it's been a reliable companion in the bath cabinet and I won't be without it.

This works on the occasional huge cystic, headless zit I sometimes get when it's that time of the month.

I find that his helps "draw" the head out, if it makes any sense. It doesn't sting, then again I never apply this on broken skin, and doesn't irritate the surrounding area. Some zit treatment creams have a tendency to really dry out the surrounding area, leaving me with flaky, patchy skin but miraculously the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion doesn't do that to me.

I've been using this for years and it works very well for the husband and I, we always keep a bottle of this in our skincare cabinet as its a good treatment for big, headless zits. Don't expect a miracle to happen though, it usually takes around three days for the zit to surface and another one-two for it to dry completely but it is all worth it as you won't be left with a scar if you do not pick the zit and let it dry "naturally" with the Drying Lotion. :)

This works for me, with the occasional little white head or tidy red bump zit that I get - it reduces size and redness and the tingle upon application feels very clean. It works overnight for me. I use this in conjunction with CeraVe lotion for my monthly big breakout and that keeps it under control.

However, I doubt this would have been as effective on my teenage skin with its cystic acne. If I had tried it then I probably would have been very upset (my skin was so bad I used to cry). The only thing that worked for that (for me!) was hormone regulation and consuming less animal products, it was never an issue with topical application of products, although I'm sure my swathes of foundation and concealer didn't make my skin any better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I don't know how I feel about this product. If a pimple arises, I reach for this by default and it tingles depending on the type of spot that I have.

If there's a small pimple i.e. an under the skin bump, the drying lotion does nothing. If it's a larger spot, maybe red with a head or a white head, this is good. The spot doesn't disappear but the redness decreases and sometimes I'll be left without a white head.

I wouldn't buy it again in a hurry, but I haven't found any other spot treatment...

i tried this and yes, it did work but it took a few days. i had my hopes up as i thought it would be a miracle but it still got the job done

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

A product that completely failed. I used a few times and had high hopes due to the sulfur in it, but no improvement.

What finalky worked to. Clear up my acne is fragrance free products, clay masks, honey and cinnamon masks, no dairy or peanuts.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I really like this product...it takes a couple days to dry up the pimples but it definitely does the job