August 23, 2014 | 1694 users online

Pressed Powders - Almay - Clear Complexion Pressed Powder - Sand

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Isabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Light and I have to say it is the most frustrating powder I've come across!

The reason for my frustration is that this powder looks beautiful on the skin, has great coverage (for a powder) and does mattify without looking heavy or powdery. But what drives me insane is that for some unknown reason it tends to develop a thick and shiny coat that I need to scrape off regularly in order to pick up the powder. I don't use the puff it comes with, so I know this is not happening because of my skin oil's transferring to the powder.

I haven't experienced oxidation, the tone is actually perfect for my light skin (although I do have yellow-neutral undertones). But I don't think I would repurchase a powder that requires regular maintenance, not to mention that I waste so much product every time I have to scrape off the shiny crust it gets! Such a shame because it does look really nice :(

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2005 8:22:00 PM More reviews by TheWhiteRabbit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

At first this powder was ok but it soon became nearly impossible to get any powder on the applicator puff that it comes with. It barely cuts down on shininess and you have to reapply constantly. However on the upside, it didn't break me out or look to powdery.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2005 10:07:00 PM More reviews by cia_agent86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the case and thats about it. It was kinda chalky and it turned my skin kinda orange... I didn't really notice an improvement, but I didn get a little broken out where I used it...

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2004 7:31:00 PM More reviews by sheriot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i liked this, but apparently my skin doesn't and rebelled. how is is supposed to be clear complexion when i break out form it? *tosses it into the trash* waaaahhh!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2004 7:10:00 PM More reviews by LiisUsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in "Ivory/ Ivoire 02" but wanted to review it so put it here with some "Sand" reviews.
On my semi-oily skin this turned orange once the humidity hit 55% (or something). I found it to be extremely chalky and floury looking. Enhanced any hint of a line on my face. One a positive note- a fairly sturdy compact case considering its price. Don't rec though for fair/oily skinned folks.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2004 7:38:00 PM More reviews by superstar423

I decided to try it since i need one and because all the raves as well. It works really great. the colour is perfect for me. it mattes down my face but not overpowering.Still has that sheer radiance. helped my skin and my wallet. Wonderful Product!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2004 9:21:00 PM More reviews by sugarmartini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an amazing powder. I'm a lola who detested wearing powder out of fear of looking like a cat! Well this really changed my mind. I've always liked this brand and I've found that this particular shade works well on tanned skin. When I want to really get a perfect look, I wear this powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2004 5:49:00 PM More reviews by luckynumba9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

while i dont have this in this shade, its a very good product! one of the only that kept my really oily acne prone skin mostly under controll. i still have to about 4 times through our the day. its looks really natural and never ever gets cackey.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2004 3:35:00 PM More reviews by luckynumba9

i like this, it evens out thw skin tone and covers up any blemishes i have. this used to controll the oil on my face quite well, but now its an OK oil controling powder. with me only being a teen, i dont like to spend $10 on a powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2003 2:57:00 PM More reviews by beautifullyazn86

i like this product. Makes my skin look bright and natural. I also use the liquid foundation in this color and set it with the powder and the makeup will last all day. This color really matches my skin tone. I would reccommend it to anyone who has oily skin and wants to look natural throughout the day and a person who has yellow/golden undertones. The Almay makeup line does a good job in promoting colors for this type of skin type/color as well. Great product overall.