October 30, 2014 | 1436 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Clean

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Painter94x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I get oily and have used the oil control version of this a long time ago and I felt like it didn't really do anything to control it. I still used it cuz I like the sweet smell n it still helped cover decently, but after a while I hit pan n the powder started to crumble. I used other powders after that and just recently decided to give it another go but I got the normal skin instead. Honestly I like this a lot better than the oil control one n I feel it lasts longer in keeping my face fresh, which is strange. I threw out the little pad it came with cuz I think that's part of what causes the compact to break plus I didn't wanna contaminate it like I usually do so I use a brush to apply it. Pretty decent powder. I like it better than the neutrogena acne powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by LilEdie

Great inexpensive oil free powder!

I'm one of those people that unless something is really spectacular or you can't find the color anywhere else, I don't like to by my makeup other than drug or big box stores. I can't justify spending that kind of money and I like to get a lot of things when I shop, not just one item that I feel guilty about spending so much money. Well, this powder compact proves that you don't need to spend a lot to get a lot.

The fact that it is oil free is what drew me to the product and I know that Cover Girl has been known for good cosmetics for the skin for decades.

The only problem when shopping at a drug store is that you can't test it, so picking a color can be tricky, but I held the compact up to my cheek in front of a mirror at the store and did the best I could. I settled on #525 Buff Beige which has a nice warm tone (most powders make me look like a ghost because even though I have a slight olive complexion I am very pale.) It is a light color but doesn't make me look washed out.

I wear it all over my face in the summer because I tend to get very shiny all over then and it doesn't look pastey or cakey, just matte. When the weather is cooler I use it to set the concealer I use under my eyes and on my eyelids before shadow and it helps the staying power a lot.

Very happy with it. if you can manage to pick out a color for yourself at the store I think you can't find a better oil free powder (and I've been through A LOT of them over the years.) The compact is nice and sturdy. Great buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by TracyBays

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Cover girl powders are my go to for setting powders. This was my first makeup as a teenager. I keep going back to it. But no coverage, just great with setting. The compact is also easy to break

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

I'm quite impartial towards this powder.
In a way, I'm pleased with this powder because it's not one of those products that visibly cakes on your face, yet I'm disappointed with the fact that it hardly puts any powder on my face. This is a very sheer powder; in a way, it's TOO pressed, because it's very difficult to get any product on a soft, fluffy powder brush. The little powder puff or whatever it's called that comes with it is useless and doesn't succeed in picking up much product. This makes it hard to distribute any onto the skin, so it's hard to tell how well it works!! However, if you're looking for something that will look very natural and not even noticeable, then you may want to check out this product. Basically, it's very sheer and light coverage. Personally, I liked the way it looked on my skin; whatever product actually made it on there, that is.
The color matched me very well; I'm extremely pleased about that. I'm very pale, and the lightest shade matched my current skin tone perfectly. I don't really know the shade range, but I don't think it's very broad for this powder.
In terms of staying power, I actually think that it did well. Maybe that's because there really isn't much product in the first place, but I think that it did pretty well. Its shine controlling abilities are decent, in my opinion. Not perfect, but a lot better than some powders that I've tried.
I bought this on sale when my local Shaws was closing, so I got it for a very cheap price- about $3, I think, so I can't complain there! I think that it's pretty inexpensive, though, about $6, so it's affordable. The compact in which it comes in is pretty nice; the Normal skin one comes in a brown and clear compact with a large mirror. You get a decent amount of powder for the price, too; especially since it has a long shelf life. I'm not too big on the smell; the fragrance is extremely parfumated and fake. It doesn't bother me, but it's not really my preference. Overall, I might purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Jessmlo

I got this for $6 and it does its job but its not that great. It sets my foundation but I get oily quick. And the powder doesnt feel like its good qaulity. It feels dry and dull when you touch it. Its not pigmented too. The packaging is not that great aswell. The skrew that keeps the two lids together keeps falling out which separates the mirror and the powder. It doesnt close very well also.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Twobit89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This powder is fantastic! I love the smell of the powder because it reminds me of watching my mother apply her makeup when I was a little girl. It smells like classic makeup, which just seems glamorous to me. I haven't experienced any problems with the compact. I keep my cosmetics in a small pouch in my purse, but I've yet to have a compact break on me. I use it to touch up my oily spots throughout the day. It lasts several hours on me. (I use the sensitive skin foundation from Cover Girl and I set my makeup with Cover Girl's Professional Loose Powder.) I like the lightweight feel of this powder; it never cakes on me. I just pat my puff onto the powder and lightly swipe across the areas that need a touch up.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by MissMadiMakeup

I was really exited about this product until I realized a got a shade that's probably 1-2 shades lighter than my skin tone so it makes me look very pale also it smells really weird...?

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a 'meh' product. Cheap powder. Cheap results. It smells bad. It doesn't keep you matte for long, and it provides next to no coverage. Definitely a product for younger people, or girls who just dont really wear a lot of makeup and dont need much coverage or staying powder.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I was a young tween (probably younger than that) and first trying out makeup, this was the powder my Mom gave me to use along with the Clean foundation. I remember this having a strong smell and stinging my skin. Yikes. She swears by this stuff, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by AllieMonique

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been searching for the perfect powder that is light and matches my skin tone for awhile but then the other day when i was cleaning out my makeup draw i found the empty packaging of covergirls clean powder and i remembered how it worked great for blotting excess oil and it's not too heavy either and lasts all day im definatly going out later to buy this