Cover Girl Clean

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance, Quaternium 15, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone, Camphor, Menthol, Propylparaben, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Oil (Clove), Methylparaben, BHT, Iron Oxides, May Contain:, Ultramarines

on 1/13/2015 10:41:00 PM

This was a love at first sight. Ever since i started getting super oily skin (at around junior high) I HAD to use something to absorb the oil so that I won't get those pesky blackhead all over my face. And also to help with the shine too, but I care way more about my actual skin than how oily my skin look.. I just want the oil to be not clogging my skin. So I bought mine at Walmart(as always^.^) and I loved loved loved it!!! I used it for approximately three years.. so that's quite some time...BUT unfortunately I had read about how talc is really bad for your lungs and i figured that all this time I've been using it I've been inhaling it in. You may say that you're positively that you never got it in through your nose.. but weirdly for me I started to have breathing problem especially at night when I was trying to sleep and it was hard to breath. I had to breath really hard and that just annoys me because if I'm focusing on my breathing how can I sleep and I figured it gotta be the powder (honestly every morning when I put it on I KNOW fro a fact it's been going in through my nose. ANYWAYS wayyy off topic, I stopped using it, but I'm going to say if you have no problem with that than by all means feel free to try this powder I tell you, you will not be sorry you bought it.

This is one of my all time favorite products. It always delivers a nice matte finish and I love the smell.

on 12/14/2014 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I use this in Ivory and Soft Honey for my basic contouring, when I'm looking for a look that's more subtle than cream foundation. Does the trick and doesn't sit too heavy on the skin.

on 10/19/2014 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I get oily and have used the oil control version of this a long time ago and I felt like it didn't really do anything to control it. I still used it cuz I like the sweet smell n it still helped cover decently, but after a while I hit pan n the powder started to crumble. I used other powders after that and just recently decided to give it another go but I got the normal skin instead. Honestly I like this a lot better than the oil control one n I feel it lasts longer in keeping my face fresh, which is strange. I threw out the little pad it came with cuz I think that's part of what causes the compact to break plus I didn't wanna contaminate it like I usually do so I use a brush to apply it. Pretty decent powder. I like it better than the neutrogena acne powder.

on 9/9/2014 12:38:00 PM

Great inexpensive oil free powder!

I'm one of those people that unless something is really spectacular or you can't find the color anywhere else, I don't like to by my makeup other than drug or big box stores. I can't justify spending that kind of money and I like to get a lot of things when I shop, not just one item that I feel guilty about spending so much money. Well, this powder compact proves that you don't need to spend a lot to get a lot.

The fact that it is oil free is what drew me to the product and I know that Cover Girl has been known for good cosmetics for the skin for decades.

The only problem when shopping at a drug store is that you can't test it, so picking a color can be tricky, but I held the compact up to my cheek in front of a mirror at the store and did the best I could. I settled on #525 Buff Beige which has a nice warm tone (most powders make me look like a ghost because even though I have a slight olive complexion I am very pale.) It is a light color but doesn't make me look washed out.

I wear it all over my face in the summer because I tend to get very shiny all over then and it doesn't look pastey or cakey, just matte. When the weather is cooler I use it to set the concealer I use under my eyes and on my eyelids before shadow and it helps the staying power a lot.

Very happy with it. if you can manage to pick out a color for yourself at the store I think you can't find a better oil free powder (and I've been through A LOT of them over the years.) The compact is nice and sturdy. Great buy!

on 7/4/2014 5:36:00 PM

Cover girl powders are my go to for setting powders. This was my first makeup as a teenager. I keep going back to it. But no coverage, just great with setting. The compact is also easy to break

I'm quite impartial towards this powder.
In a way, I'm pleased with this powder because it's not one of those products that visibly cakes on your face, yet I'm disappointed with the fact that it hardly puts any powder on my face. This is a very sheer powder; in a way, it's TOO pressed, because it's very difficult to get any product on a soft, fluffy powder brush. The little powder puff or whatever it's called that comes with it is useless and doesn't succeed in picking up much product. This makes it hard to distribute any onto the skin, so it's hard to tell how well it works!! However, if you're looking for something that will look very natural and not even noticeable, then you may want to check out this product. Basically, it's very sheer and light coverage. Personally, I liked the way it looked on my skin; whatever product actually made it on there, that is.
The color matched me very well; I'm extremely pleased about that. I'm very pale, and the lightest shade matched my current skin tone perfectly. I don't really know the shade range, but I don't think it's very broad for this powder.
In terms of staying power, I actually think that it did well. Maybe that's because there really isn't much product in the first place, but I think that it did pretty well. Its shine controlling abilities are decent, in my opinion. Not perfect, but a lot better than some powders that I've tried.
I bought this on sale when my local Shaws was closing, so I got it for a very cheap price- about $3, I think, so I can't complain there! I think that it's pretty inexpensive, though, about $6, so it's affordable. The compact in which it comes in is pretty nice; the Normal skin one comes in a brown and clear compact with a large mirror. You get a decent amount of powder for the price, too; especially since it has a long shelf life. I'm not too big on the smell; the fragrance is extremely parfumated and fake. It doesn't bother me, but it's not really my preference. Overall, I might purchase this again.

on 8/5/2013 7:13:00 PM

I got this for $6 and it does its job but its not that great. It sets my foundation but I get oily quick. And the powder doesnt feel like its good qaulity. It feels dry and dull when you touch it. Its not pigmented too. The packaging is not that great aswell. The skrew that keeps the two lids together keeps falling out which separates the mirror and the powder. It doesnt close very well also.

on 7/26/2013 6:46:00 PM

This powder is fantastic! I love the smell of the powder because it reminds me of watching my mother apply her makeup when I was a little girl. It smells like classic makeup, which just seems glamorous to me. I haven't experienced any problems with the compact. I keep my cosmetics in a small pouch in my purse, but I've yet to have a compact break on me. I use it to touch up my oily spots throughout the day. It lasts several hours on me. (I use the sensitive skin foundation from Cover Girl and I set my makeup with Cover Girl's Professional Loose Powder.) I like the lightweight feel of this powder; it never cakes on me. I just pat my puff onto the powder and lightly swipe across the areas that need a touch up.

I was really exited about this product until I realized a got a shade that's probably 1-2 shades lighter than my skin tone so it makes me look very pale also it smells really weird...?