Zia Compact in Quartz

4.7

on 1/6/2008 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this in smoky quartz and is the best presses powder I've used. It kept my face from being shiny for 4 hours, unlike other powders (clinique and sheiseido) and it matched my skintone perfectly. Unfortunatey I lost this at a party so I better get some more.

on 12/28/2007 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This pressed powder is convenient to carry around and goes on smoothly. My skin is oily so if I wait a while after I've washed my face before I put it on, that allows the powder to sink in just right. I think it costs less than $20 (which beats BareMinerals) and it's just as good in my opinion. It's also not as messy as having a container of loose powder in my bag.

on 8/28/2007 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i have this in fair: cool pink tourmaline. i am fair: cool and pink, so it is a good match. i am also very oily, and just using this ONCE in the morning keeps me pretty oil free all day. and it is PRETTY! it is like airbrushing my skin. i haven't haad a powder make me look this good since i swore of of that super expensive powder that comes in the silver tin...which i have forgot the name of.

anywho.it's pretty, it's like a airbrush, and it was only 7.99. look for it at healthfood stores.

on 6/29/2005 8:14:00 AM

Very nice, natural powder. I don't use anymore because my skin is too dry for any powders. But still recommend. The refill without compact is neat to use because it's lightweight.

on 5/11/2005 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love the texture, look and finish of this powder. Pink T. was beautiful for me. However, not too good if you have sensative skin like I do. It's main ingred. is mica which can be quite irrat. if you are sensative. So, I am in the process of trying others.
js1624

on 10/4/2004 11:50:00 AM

Wow! I was looking for something to touch up shine that wouldn't dry or break me out. I liked the idea of something all-natural so I picked this up at Whole Foods. What a find!! This gives me the silkiest cashmere look, covering blotchiness amazingly well and lasting exceptionally long. I don't think I'll ever buy another pressed powder! My *only* complaint is that it does rub off somewhat easily onto clothes (especially other people's... I'm a hugger....) I suppose all powders do that to some extent, though, so I'm not subtracting a lippie.

on 9/23/2004 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have the pressed powder in the lightest shade, pink tourmaline. It's a pretty close match for my skin, not perfect but it works. I like the simple ingredients and it does not break me out. I've already repurchased this twice and will continue to do so (unless I find something better).

on 9/7/2004 2:38:00 PM

I have very fair skin and purchased this in Pink Tourmaline (their lightest shade) at my local health food store. I was looking for a pressed powder to touch up shine on my nose during the day. However, I happily discovered that this can be used successfully as a powder foundation right over my moisturizer/sunscreen, similar to Lancome Dual Finish, etc. It has a fine texture, medium coverage, and gives my skin a velvety appearance. I can't use some powdered foundations as they give a dry, cakey look to my 51 year-old skin. This is one of the nicest powdered make-ups I have used, just as good or better than many high-end brands.

on 4/24/2004 7:59:00 PM

I'm on my SECOND refill for Smokey Quartz, I love this stuff. I'm 42 and most powders dry out my skin, this doesn't. It's finely milled, so I use a big brush instead of the applicator pad that comes with it. For more opaque coverage I use a sponge, i.e. on my nose and right up under my eyes. BTW, I had trouble refilling the first time, I didn't realize that you have to take a straightened paper clip and pop out the receptacle from underneath! Got this at Whole Foods for around $13 (?) dollars. Pretty pewter-colored case, too.

on 2/25/2004 1:44:00 AM

I LOVE this powder! I have this in the lightest shade and it is perfect - plus they have the refills you can buy for the compact. I also like the fact that this is a mineral makeup and healthy for the skin, BUT unlike Bare Escentuals, it comes in a much more user friendly pressed form. I use the BE brush with this most of the time instead of the puff that comes with it and the coverage is just beautiful and controls shine decently (I'm psychotic about touch ups during the day anyway to keep the shine away, so understand you will have to touch this up at some point if you have oily skin like me). Lovely product!