July 22, 2014 | 2164 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - Pixie Quad/Quartet

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 6:57:00 AM More reviews by galacticfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this quad years ago, and use it occasionally. As with every Hard Candy eyeshadow quad, you truly get your money's worth--they last a long time. The large highlighter shadow is glittery and pigmented with intense, shimmery, white--sometimes has some trouble blending though. The color above it is an iridescent light pink shadow, looks white, but shows up as translucent pink shimmer. The pink above that is also shimmery, but a more solid light pink. The black shadow is very matte with lots of pink/reddish glitter in it, pretty but lacking intensity/pigment.
The packaging is almost my favorite part, with an eyeshadow sponge, brush, and large mirror inside.
I think this quad is worth having for the 3 shimmery colors--if you like iridescent, glittery shadows, this is a winner!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by symmetrical

The texture of these shadows, like another reviewer said, grainy. The pigmentation is decent. The two white colors, in my opinion, are pretty horrible. The two decent shades are the pink and plummy black.
What I do like about this quartet is the packaging. As with all Hard Candy products, the packaging is very cute.
I found this for only $4, so I guess I shouldn't complain seeing as it retails for $28. Would I buy it again for $4? Maybe. For $28? Definitely not.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2008 2:18:00 AM More reviews by oceansgurlie

I received this eyeshadow set as a gift and thank goodness because it is not worth paying $28 for. All of the colors were grainy in texture and didn't go on very smoothly nor stay in place throughout the day. Because of the grainy texture, the 2 base colors, which are shimmery whites, didn't go on lightly and evenly like a base should. The pink color was ok and is probably the one color in this whole set that was somewhat satisfying. The Brown is a purplish brown that I thought went on way too strong and was only effective as an eyeliner. When I tried to blend it with the pink, it just looked like a dirty mess, almost like I just got black dirt mixed in with my pink shadow. Although I did think the packaging was very cute and I liked the brushes that it came with, I was so disappointed with this product and have only used it about 4 times until I finally decided to give up on it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2006 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Wildflower583

Hard Candy is one of my favorite brands of makeup because the products are great and so is the price. I adore the colors in the quartet. They all look great together or separately. I love the added highlighter along with the three shadows to put on the brow bone. The only complaint I have is that I wish the shadow compartments were a little larger to accommodate using a bigger eyeshadow brush to sweep the shadow out instead of using the provided applicator. I do however like the little liner brush it comes with. The darker shadow looks fabulous as a liner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2005 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Rainbow_Dim

I actually expected this to suck and be all chunky and glittery, but it looked FABULOUS. For reference, I am light to medium with yellow undertones, dark brown hair and green eyes.

Pixie has four colors. The first is called "Slice," a replica of MAC's Beauty Marked. It is a blackened plum with shimmer. The second is a deep rosy pink called "Swell," the third is an opalescent beige (much like MAC's Vex) called "Sissy," and the last is a brighter white called "Brat" which is a lot like MAC's white gold pigment.

I applied a base first: Lancome's Colour Dose in Flamingo Coast (Montego Beige would work just as well here). Then I applied the pink shade "Swell" from lashline to crease, then blended "Sissy" and MAC's Moth Brown into the crease. Then I highlighted the brow bone with "Brat." I applied Lancome e/l in Black Coffee and then smudged "Slice" over it for a smoky effect. It really made my hazel eyes shine and stand out. It brought out the green, but also the gold which I haven't seen happen before. Usually the eye shadow combos I use make my eyes greener and having more gold with the green was a special treat.

Pixie looks great and has lasted all day. I would definitely buy this again! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2003 12:11:00 AM More reviews by GlitzyGlam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This e/s does definately not live up to the quality that I expect from hard candy. Pigment is not intense enough, not finely milled enough. Reminds me of maybelline or something. There is a deep plummy shade that is decent, I like to use it as a liner. One whitish one with pink irridescence, similar to MAC pink opal or NARS himalayas, but not as nice. Then there is a white shimmery glittery one that is just flat out cheap crap. There's also a basic medium pink, with next to no pigment. This is a disgrace to the HC name!