Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

This is a great mascara!! The formula does not clump and gives me amazing length and volume. My lashes look like I am wearing falsies with this one. It does not flake throughout the day either.

on 4/17/2015 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is doing a bit fat zero for me.
I have used a few samples from Clinique's Bonus times (as it tends to be a staple these days...) and I can see no difference at all between wearing it and not wearing it.
Clinique has improved mascaras a lot - you could guarantee that you would end up with Panda eyes if you had a Clinique mascara on a few years ago, but not any more, so this was a pleasant surprise. I wouldn't wear it at the gym though (like I do with EL's Double wear mascara, which won't move an inch no matter what you're doing/rain etc)
I had more lack with other Clinique mascaras, like the High Lengths one, or the High impact curling one, though none really surpasses EL's one for staying power.

on 4/13/2015 6:36:00 PM

This is just a simple mascara for daily using. In my opinion, there is nothing special about it. It doesn't give any volume but it has a buildable formula so you can make your lashes thicker. If you want to make your lashes look natural, I recommend it. But I would not buy it again anyway.

on 3/2/2015 8:37:00 AM

I like using this mascara to create a natural look. As I have very light skin, voluminous mascaras can make my eyes look very noticeable and flashy, so I always have to wear eyeshadow to even it out. This is why I prefer using the high impact mascara during the day to have a pure and down to earth look. If you aim at making each eyelash stand out, I would say this is a great mascara to use, however, if you prefer obvious eyelashes better look for a different more voluminous mascara.
Small suggestion: If you think that the mascara is not outstanding enough, but you want to maintain a subtle look, I suggest using an eyeliner and drawing along the lash line.
Overall, I am very pleased with this product and would repurchase it.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Up until I found this product, I was a mascara hater. Gotta admit, I didn't really look around much, since I haven't worn any in years. But I was willing to give this one a try because I love Clinique products. I absolutely hate that clumpy messy spidery smudgy look that some mascaras give you. This is the first time I have bought mascara that isn't from a drugstore brand, and boy, can you tell the difference. This is exactly what I was looking for. It looks super natural yet still dramatic enough for my taste. When I first heard of this, I was worried that one would barely see any effect since so many people talk about how natural it looks. But it's great! It doesn't give a whole lot of volume but makes your eyelashes instantly and visibly longer. A lot of times mascara would give me this "dirty" look that I hate so much that I haven't worn any in years. I love a really clean and fresh look and this is totally in line with that. Also, my eyes tend to swell up and/or the skin around my eyes would get itchy with some mascaras out there, but this really is suited for people with sensitivities/allergies. I also highly appreciate that it doesn't reek like other mascaras, doesn't smell like anything at all actually. I recommend this for a sophisticated, elegant and pure look.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

wish they have a waterproof version

on 2/18/2015 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I brought this mascara after wanting a change of mascara, I used to use a simple cheap drugstore mascara, but I got fed up of it. I tried some benefit ones but they were cutting it for me so I found myself here.

Packaging/Wand- I like the dark green packaging of the mascara, very simple with a nice silver lid and clear writing so yo know what it is. The wand is a bristle wand. The size of the bristle is medium I would say, its not too thick and its not too thin, making it easy to apply. The brush also gets thinner at the end making it easy to apply to the bottom lashes and inner corners.

Formula- The formula of this mascara, is of normal consistency for a mascara, not runny but not tar like. Available in 2 colours, black or brown.

Wear- When I apply this it makes my lashes, longer and thicker, but for me doesn't curl. The colour of the black is a good deep black though some people have mentioned that it looks grey or faded sometimes, which I haven't discovered. With every new mascara I have to wipe some off the wand back into the tube which is what I had to with this one as there was just too much on the wand. The formula doesn't clump (after i removed some from the wand) and did well separating my lashes. I find this easy to apply on my bottom lashes too, and generally does the same with my bottom lashes as it does with the top. The formula for me didn't flake after a full day at work and well into the night. It also didn't irritate my eyes like some mascara's both high end and low end have done in the past.

Price- 17.50 which I think is very good!

Overall- I will be purchasing the mascara again when it runs out. I know use this for my bottle lashes, as I found my HG mascara which is the YSL Luxurious Mascara. Which is 25 (ouch I know) I want to see how long the tubes lasts, if lasts a good amount of time I will carry on using that if not I will purchase this again and use it as my everyday mascara for both bottom and top lashes, but at the minute I am using this for my bottom lashes as the YSL is amazing!!!!

on 2/9/2015 6:56:00 PM

This mascara runs like crazy! Also, not sure why, but my eyelashes started falling out at an alarming rate when I used it. I tried it for a few weeks but had to toss it out.

on 2/8/2015 7:45:00 PM

I received this twice as a gift when buying Difference Gel. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I have super oily skin, and I got raccoon eyes by a few hours later... :[

on 1/24/2015 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Boo! I wouldn't gift this to my worst enemy. Ok, I exaggerate - but I am trying to get a point across here. That point being this is a pretty cr@ppy product.

First off, the shade off black is one of the lightest shades of black I have ever encountered- its very... um, I dunno, dull? A little hard to explain but that turned me off right away. Secondly, what do they mean by "High Impact"? I got absolutely no lengthening or volume out of this product. There was absolutely nothing impressive abt this product, even when I curled my lashes about 35 times. Lame!

I am soooo glad I got the sample version of this. I really am a Clinique fan so at some point in my lifetime as an over spender I am sure I would have paid the $17 to try the full size and I woulda been mad as heck. There are so many drug store brand mascaras that knock this out of the box. Do yourself a solid and stay away from this product.