July 30, 2014 | 1788 users online

Lipstick - Estee Lauder - Pure Color Lipstick in Candy

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this lipstick as a gift and gave it try because the soft pink looks appealing in the tube. On my well pigmented lips though, sorry to say, this looks dated and garish. The silvery shimmer is uneven, and the formula is more greasy than creamy. But the killer for me is the terrible fragrance! A strong, fruity scent which reminds me of sickly sweet figs mixed with roses and it is truly repulsive to my nose. I noticed this nauseating smell in another Estee Lauder GWP lipstick I tried a few years ago. This very scent would definitely prevent me from sampling a different shade of this line. So no, I will stay with brands offering non-scented or more neutrally scented lipsticks. To each their own, but I suppose others must like the scent, if Estee Lauder uses is it in all of their lipsticks.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Backmasking

This lipstick makes me (and everyone I've seen wearing it) look like a drag queen. A very ugly drag queen.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by psskclayton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lipstick is a lovely neutral pink with just the right amt of shine and shimmer. I was fortunate to find a reputable ebay seller so I paid under $10 for this lipstick. Fir reference: I am a natural blue eyed blonde with dyed dark brown hair. I am nw20-25 in MAC and I have been told that I am a true neutral lt-med by several MA. I use a light gloss over this lippie and it looks really nice. If you are looking for a very close dupe , try Rimmel in Picadilly Pink. It is lovely and when applied to lips looks abt the same as EL candy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 8:33:00 AM More reviews by AngelHeartsChanel2009

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick! It glides on so easily, has a lovely fragrance, and stays put on me for several hours. The staying power alone is such a bonus. It's a great 'candy pink' so the shade is well-named. At my age (65 next month) I usually can't wear this color pink any more, but for some reason it looks beautiful on me and my NW30 skin tone. I intend to buy a few backups an I highly recommend it!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very beautiful pink lipstick... It's one of my favorites! Like all Estee Lauder lipsticks, it smells great, like fruit. Very pigmented and smooth. Glides on with ease. Expensive, but I really love this lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 4:58:00 AM More reviews by millenababy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best quality longwear lipstick! It lasts soo long that when you look in the mirror hours after applying, after eating and drinking - you just think WOW I still have lipstick on! I can even use it over dry lips - it still looks amazing. I love the staying power, comfortable wear and cute colour. I got so many compliments wearing this! My favourite lipstick at the moment

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2011 2:53:00 AM More reviews by Ryokumuji

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love this lipstick and this color. It has a great wear length. It doesn't come off when you're eating or drinking. I noticed the scent of this was very pleasant as well.

I'm a fair-skinned red head with green eyes and I usually have good luck with pink lipsticks.

My only complaint about this lipstick is that after awhile makes my lips feel kinda dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by TMK6959

Gorgeous. This stuff is amazing. I had never found a flattering lipstick until I found this gem. Yes, it can look frosted and dated if applied too heavily but if applied with a lippy brush and a light hand it looks amazing and natural (for me, my lips are naturally quite pink). I will repurchase, no question. It's worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Aiglon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my all time favorite lipstick! I got this in a set as a birthday gift and man am I glad that I have it! I love colourful lipsticks and this pink lipstick is to die for. It has a very smooth texture and is easy to apply. It lasts for hours even when you're eating and drinking. I went to a dinner party and when I got home late at night there was still plenty of product left on my lips. I feel like this lipstick kind of stains your lips so even when you eat and drink, your lips still look hot pink. Do I need to say anything else? This product rules!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I got this as a GWP and although I stay away from frost this one has a nice texture which is flattering. This looked better in daylight than in my apt and even though it has a slight frost it isn't too much where it look unnatural, I ened up liking this gwp better than than the stay pink which I purchased.