Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in Candy

3.6

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I prefer wearing lipsticks in wine, mauve, nectarine and pink shades (preference could change in a minute lol ).

Pure Color Lipstick in Candy is a shade of pink I enjoy wearing during winter, too. It's a subdued, medium shade of pink, and the shimmer is also subdued. If you're looking for a bright, in your face pink, skip this one.

Texture of lipstick is creamy, and feels emollient on my lips. Another pro is this isn't prone to feathering and bleeding. Finish is full coverage without looking thick and cakey on the lips.

on 11/4/2014 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Exquisite! Got this in a PWP set (Luxe Color) & although this isn't something I would have picked out for myself some how it works! It's a cool toned medium pink w shimmer & even thou I have warm tendencies this looks good actually. I think OTOH this would look better maybe on matronly or mature women than teeny boppers. It's a sophisticated grandmotherly color & I am an old lady so that's probably why I like this lipstick & EL in general. EL needs an imagine over haul coz people associate it with matronly older ladies, the ladies-who-lunch junior league crowd I think. EL is a safe bet that you're going to find conservative colors (antithesis to a company like MAC's image), I think this lipstick is classy & beautiful. It smells pretty like makeup is supposed to smell & the packaging on mine is the navy blue plastic w gold EL logo. The gold cases are much more glamorous & I prefer those. This color has a lot of staying power. It doesn't turn all weird fuschia on me neither like some lippies do change but this stays true. This is simply lovely. I love the name, it's sassy!! Sass with class. EL lipsticks are outrageously priced but omg so luxurious feeling & looking. This is a treat to own! I would seriously repurchase this if I lost it or used it up, even if nudes (eg Sugar Honey) and Browns are more in my color wheelhouse. Estée Lauder has hit the mark with this esp if you're neutral/coolish toned complexion.

on 6/30/2014 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I received this lipstick as a gift and gave it try because the soft pink looks appealing in the tube. On my well pigmented lips though, sorry to say, this looks dated and garish. The silvery shimmer is uneven, and the formula is more greasy than creamy. But the killer for me is the terrible fragrance! A strong, fruity scent which reminds me of sickly sweet figs mixed with roses and it is truly repulsive to my nose. I noticed this nauseating smell in another Estee Lauder GWP lipstick I tried a few years ago. This very scent would definitely prevent me from sampling a different shade of this line. So no, I will stay with brands offering non-scented or more neutrally scented lipsticks. To each their own, but I suppose others must like the scent, if Estee Lauder uses is it in all of their lipsticks.

on 12/17/2013 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lipstick makes me (and everyone I've seen wearing it) look like a drag queen. A very ugly drag queen.

on 8/12/2013 8:17:00 PM

This lipstick is a lovely neutral pink with just the right amt of shine and shimmer. I was fortunate to find a reputable ebay seller so I paid under $10 for this lipstick. Fir reference: I am a natural blue eyed blonde with dyed dark brown hair. I am nw20-25 in MAC and I have been told that I am a true neutral lt-med by several MA. I use a light gloss over this lippie and it looks really nice. If you are looking for a very close dupe , try Rimmel in Picadilly Pink. It is lovely and when applied to lips looks abt the same as EL candy.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

I love this lipstick! It glides on so easily, has a lovely fragrance, and stays put on me for several hours. The staying power alone is such a bonus. It's a great 'candy pink' so the shade is well-named. At my age (65 next month) I usually can't wear this color pink any more, but for some reason it looks beautiful on me and my NW30 skin tone. I intend to buy a few backups an I highly recommend it!!

on 2/29/2012 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Very beautiful pink lipstick... It's one of my favorites! Like all Estee Lauder lipsticks, it smells great, like fruit. Very pigmented and smooth. Glides on with ease. Expensive, but I really love this lipstick!

on 1/11/2012 4:58:00 AM

Best quality longwear lipstick! It lasts soo long that when you look in the mirror hours after applying, after eating and drinking - you just think WOW I still have lipstick on! I can even use it over dry lips - it still looks amazing. I love the staying power, comfortable wear and cute colour. I got so many compliments wearing this! My favourite lipstick at the moment

on 12/14/2011 2:53:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Love this lipstick and this color. It has a great wear length. It doesn't come off when you're eating or drinking. I noticed the scent of this was very pleasant as well.

I'm a fair-skinned red head with green eyes and I usually have good luck with pink lipsticks.

My only complaint about this lipstick is that after awhile makes my lips feel kinda dry.

on 10/3/2011 2:37:00 AM

Gorgeous. This stuff is amazing. I had never found a flattering lipstick until I found this gem. Yes, it can look frosted and dated if applied too heavily but if applied with a lippy brush and a light hand it looks amazing and natural (for me, my lips are naturally quite pink). I will repurchase, no question. It's worth the price.

Popular Lipsticks