Girl Cosmetics Velvet Eyeshadow

3.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in Orion, a shimmery lavender color. The packaging is totally adorable, but the quality of the shadow is lacking. The color is not very pigmented, it's kinda chalky, and the shimmer is not fine enough.

on 7/14/2003 12:27:00 AM

I bought Girl suede eyeshadow on sale at Sephora and I could not be more pleasantly suprised at this shadow. Wonderful color pigment, a little goes a long way. Suede is a pretty neutral brown/taupe that looks great in the crease or as a liner. Great for blue eyes!

Cute packaging (with applicator and mini-mirror included). Once again, nothing too special, but a decent wearing shadow with fun colors, similar to Hard Candy.

on 6/22/2003 12:49:00 AM

I have this in Moonrise. It is a gorgeous color -- a rich red-brown that shimmers green and gold in the sunlight. It goes on smoothly and stays on all day. I did find this shadow to be a little too pigmented. I have fairly tan skin, and even so this can look a little too dark during the day if I try to use it as a wash or in the crease. Instead I generally only use it at night or smudged along my lashline. I would definately purchase another, though perhaps a more subtle color.

on 6/10/2003 10:07:00 PM

I bought this in "Feather Boa" and it is one of my favorite e/s. A great mauvy-brownish color, great for my green-blue-gold eyes. I like the little applicator in the bottom of the pot. Would like to try more of the e/s in this line.

on 1/11/2003 11:50:00 AM

These felt loke silk going on, but they did seem less pigmented on skin than in the pot. I also had trouble using these wet as liners. The packaging is adorable, but kinda useless, a little itty bitty brush and mirror that I am sure I'll never use--creative-YES--functional-DOUBTFUL.

on 11/15/2002 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have several of them, Supersonic is shimmery mint green (to me it's baby green), Dirty Denim is shimmery purplish-blue, the most recent I bought are Ladytron (shim. golden-brown, similar with Stila Golightly but more gold) and Moonrise (in pot similar with Club, but it's actually chocolatey brown). Girl Co. e/s are not too shimmery, which I like (Stila Kitten is not my thing), smooth, good staying power, IMHO it's my "MAC" since I don't have access to MAC here.

on 9/30/2002 10:12:00 AM

I bought this eyeshadow in Dirty Denim. The packaging is great. One side of the compact opens to reveal a tiny mirror and applicator and the other side holds the product. The color is a great dark blue/grey.

on 4/9/2002 12:02:00 AM

great packaging, but sometimes its a little hard to open the mirror part. & it's great that it comes with an applicator, but its tiny. colors are fun, almost all are frosty--i have cosmic, orion, nectar & satellite. could do a lot worse for the price (about $14)

on 12/24/2001 9:51:00 PM

The packaging of this is both amazing and cute. It holds a mirror and a brush, which is quite spiffy. I got this in Ladytron, which is a gorgeous bronzey brown. I think the pigmentation is just right, and I can't wait to acquire more shades of this great shadow!