October 25, 2014 | 1523 users online

Candles - Aveda - Rainforest Plant Pure-fume Aroma Candle

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2010 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Dahlia11

I love this candle. I light it every day, and even got my boyfriend to be interested in it. It's my favorite, and I'm not even much of a candle person.
Pros:
-It smells amazing. I don't know quite what it is, but it makes me happy.
-It relaxes me. I know candles in general are supposed to be relaxing, but this one has certain properties that make it very relaxing to me.
-It has refills available. I like that I can reuse the glass jar, and just get a refill, or even just buy a refill and get a glass jar from the dollar store (considering the price difference).
Cons:
-This thing does not last. I go through one in like 2 weeks. I used it down to a nub, literally. It does say that it is only supposed to last 5 hours, which it does, but it feels like quite the ripoff.
-The price. The initial price is ridiculous. Then again, I usually would buy a candle from Glade, not Aveda, so maybe this is normal for the HE candle industry thing. The refill is reasonable though.

Overall it's a great candle and I will keep repurchasing. I wish they had the larger size option available with this one, but regardless, it's amazing. I definitely recommend it!

**I do notice that the scent isn't extremely strong, but if I have a fan on, the circulating air spreads the scent. I'm not a fan of strong scents in the first place, but it's something to consider.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2004 5:41:00 PM More reviews by seasplash

I am not very impressed with this candle. The scent is just okay and it is sooo expensive. I paid $5 for a tiny tea candle. Ridiculous!
I also got a Valencia one and liked that a little better (it has a nice spicy orange smell to it; very unique) but still don't think that it's worth the money. BBW's Eucalyptus Spearmint candle is similar to Aveda's Rainforest but much more fragrant and considerably cheaper. It has that relaxing, SPA scent to it that I was expecting Reinforest to have.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2004 5:32:00 PM More reviews by mraheja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product because I really like Aveda products and the fact that the company seems invested in recycling, using natural products, etc. But this candle was a big disappointment. The fragrance is nice, but barely detectable when lit. As another reviewer noted, it is wide, so burns a deep well from the center, creating a lot of waste. I much prefer using Aveda's essential oils.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2004 5:20:00 PM More reviews by LDDC

I have several of these scented candles around my bath tub. The glass containers are very simple and elegant, and the candles burn for many hours and release a clean, earthy fragrance. These candles don't cause headaches for those of us who are sensitive to smell. A little on the pricey side, but worth it. They make GREAT gifts too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2003 12:21:00 PM More reviews by jennyb

This candle has a most unusual aroma that I couldn't pin down until I read the notes on the Aveda website, which are listed as Clover, Coriander, Peppermint. In fact it's clove rather than clover which creates the unique smell. You might imagine reading those notes that it would smell like a dentist's surgery, but in fact it's a perfectly balanced blend of icy coolness and spice that strangely fails to resemble the sum of its parts. I don't usually care much for peppermint, but in this guise it is fresh and invigorating, clean-smelling without being remotely toothpaste-like. It's ideal for clearing the air in dining rooms, or after smoking. The candle itself throws the fragrance well, but has a tendency for the wick to drift off centre. It is also a little too wide, meaning the central portion of the candle melts but the outer rim remains solid, so you get a certain amount of wastage. However the price is reasonable compared with 'designer' candles such as Diptyque, and in refill form (only $10) is a positive bargain. It is also available as a tealight (comparatively very expensive for the quantity) and and an aroma oil, which I find sharper and less spicy, not quite as good. Although this is not the best quality candle you can buy, it is not too bad, and the aroma is unique and divine, so well worth checking out. continued >>