Kevyn Aucoin Expert Lip Tint in Dantique

4.6

on 9/17/2011 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is such a gorgeous lippie - I love the formula and agree with the reviewer that said it makes you look like you've been kissing - it gives your lips that youthful flush. For me, it is the Holy Grail YLBB with a lip balm like consistency - love it!

on 2/28/2009 9:57:00 PM

just got this at sephora. was in the mood to get Nars but decided to try Kevyn Aucoin's line since he is a makeup GOD! I am glad I did b/c his colors are very flattering. I couldn't make up my mind!?! I finally picked Dantique and Bloodroses. This review is for Dantique. I can't believe I found a color that is like my lips but better. It really does brighten up your complexion. The packaging is basically rectangular and red, very asian lacquer inspired. Smells like roses! Love the smell! The description for this color is "sheer red" on the packaging. Sephora says its a "sheer medium red brown." The texture is different from other lipsticks I've tried. This isn't necessarily sheer. However, it does slide onto your lips, very moist, and packs alot of color. Costs $23.00 worth the price, slightly cheaper than Nars. Also, his nude colors look really good too. Kevyn was known for his nudes. Definitely gonnna try his other colors. Just trying to pace myself : )

on 4/1/2007 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was love at first sight with this lipstick. It's a red that is sheer enough and has enough just enough brown to it that it is wearable during the daytime doesn't make me feel clownish. Like all of the Kevyn Aucoin lipsticks I own, the texture is wonderful -- smooth and creamy. I would imagine that a wide variety of women could find this color flattering.

on 3/21/2007 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Great lipstick! This is less a true red than a "my lips but brighter" shade. However it's not really bright, just enough to give your face some pop. It's a medium-toned brown/rose/rust/red that really defies description. Suitable for all occasions, and the texture is just glorious. Reminds me of a lipstick I own from Nina Ricci's old cosmetic line...it was called "matte sheer", and that's exactly what it was--transparent but not glossy. This is more semi-matte than true matte but it's the same idea. Velvety and gorgeous.

on 3/4/2007 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I agree with others that the packaging on this high-end lipstick isn't *quite* high-end looking or feeling -- but, I do adore this lipstick. The shade is the perfect muted sheer rosy-red for me -- I can wear it day or night without any trouble, and it brightens my face wonderfully without being garish. The texture is a bit unusual -- kind of like a light, non-greasy lipbalm, which I can only attribute to the presence of some type of silicone in the formula. Some ladies will *not* like this feeling on the lips -- it takes a bit of getting used to -- as does the scent, which is a bit too floral/perfumey for my taste. You have to be careful not to apply this (as other ladies have said) to lips that are rough or dry -- this formulation will accentuate flakiness -- but once you have it on exfoliated lips, it IS moisturizing, and luxurious in feel.

on 10/17/2005 10:59:00 AM

I'd been searching for the perfect sheer red lipcolor for my Asian complexion, and after reading the reviews for this, I decided to try it. I wasn't sure what to expect, especially since I had no idea what shade of red I needed, since nothing I previously tried had looked good against my skin. This definitely is not a red red...when I swipe it across my lips once, it comes off as a slight burgandy-red and fades quickly to a very pretty MLBB pink stain. This is pretty pigmented for a sheer l/s, so it will get significantly darker with each swipe. My lips are extremely dry, and it seems Px lipsticks are the only ones that will moisturize them enuf, though this certainly does not dry them out...it just doesn't moisturize much. I put this on w/ a lip balm or Aquaphor. I'm not used to handling the square tube (feels a bit too light and flimsy), but it is unique and very attractive.

I really do love this color (it gives my lips a plump and healthier look), but since it's not quite red, IMO, I'm giving it a 4. Still on the search for the perfect red.....

on 3/16/2005 11:09:00 PM

I was hoping to love this lippie because of the reviews. This is an absolute dud for me. The color is plain muddy and the texture 'greasy silicone' with no staying power at all. The case is really cheap red plastic. ...I would never purchase again. I have used lippies that were a 1/4 th of the price that I would rather use.

on 2/12/2005 8:38:00 PM

red? this is red? lol. i am a sx 8 or armani 6.5 and this is a rosy reddish neutral on me. heaven with galaxine gloss. its the most natural color that doesnt look too, too. i LOVE this.

on 10/31/2004 10:30:00 PM

I hate to be the dissenter and ruin this lipstick's perfect score, but the color failed to meet my expectations. I thought it would be neutral and understated, based on its rave reviews, but it looked wrong on me. For some reason the warm brown undertones shone through more than the pure red, which isn't the look I was hoping to achieve. This wasn't much different than my natural lipcolor and I wanted more pizzaz. In KA's defense, I usually prefer gloss to lipstick but this is one of the more emollient lipsticks I've tried, so thumbs up for the formula. Therefore, I wouldn't rule out a future purchase entirely, I would just select a different, cooler, brighter color. The color swatches on the KA site are misleading, this is not as pinky red as it looks (both in the tube as well as on my lips). It actually borders on brick red.

on 9/21/2004 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the kind of color you see on someone's lips in an ad and think "Why doesn't red look like that on me?" It's red, but it's so muted and soft, it 's completely wearable. IHard to describe the tone: neutral/cool maybe? Plus it is fairly matte but still sheer, so it doesn't draw attention to itself. Not bright in the least. The case is gorgeous but I wish it was heavier. The formula becomes one with your lips & feels like nothing. Not a stunning glamour red, but an everyday red. I used it on dry-ish lips and it did accentuate flakes. balm underneath, or exfoliation, may be necessary.

Popular Lipsticks