April 25, 2014 | 1065 users online

Eyeliner - Laura Mercier - Kohl Pencil in Brown Copper

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by culebra

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this eyeliner. It has become my go to eyeliner. It is brown with copper flecks. It goes on easily and it has lasting power. I use it both as straight eyeliner as well as smudged eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by spiritkc

I've gone through 9 or 10 of these pencils (using them all the way down to the nub, not losing them) and have worn Brown Copper faithfully, as my everyday eyeliner, forever. For literally years.

It's really easy to apply, but I have to make sure I have a fully loaded eyeliner brush or else it picks up what I've already put on and I get gaps in coverage. Also, I noticed that some reviews have mentioned that it lacks staying power.

With my last pencil, I noticed that it seems to slide off my eyes and disappear a lot faster than I remembered. I've relocated to a different climate, which might be responsible for some of that, but I'm wondering if the product formula was changed and affected its staying power? I can't wear eyeliner on my waterline, so it's my upper lashline where I see it smearing away. Usually by the end of the day I have very little color left.

I still love the consistency for application and the deep brown color looks great for fair skin that can't handle a harsher true black.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

This is a med-dark brown liner w/copper flecks. I think will look great on any eye color and definitely brings out my brown eyes. Texture is smooth and creamy, doesn't tug. I didn't have problems w/staying on my waterline, maybe 6 hrs w/a primer. Definitely want to check out other colors from LM.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by ceen

Though the formula is such that product migration occurs, this shortcoming is more than compensated for by (a) the uniqueness and complexity of the colour and (b) the precision lining facilitated.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2011 5:57:00 AM More reviews by hannab52

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the color of this pencil and the ease of application, but it has absolutely no staying power. After about two hours it just disappears on me, even if I use an eye makeup primer. Very disappointing; will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by remychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful brown with copper flecks in it. It reminds me of Urban Decay Bourbon but the staying power on this pencil is far better. It gives a soft, smokey finish which I love.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm a die-hard black eyeliner kind of girl but lately wanting more of a natural, tanned beach-y look and so after much deliberation, went with this. While this look is decidedly undefined in comparison to a black, it's a soft, brownish copper that gives a sleepy, warm look to any smokey eye without weighing it down with too deep of a color. This, sadly, barely shows up against my skin tone but smudged over a black eyeliner and over my lids up into my crease it offers the effect stated above (warm, sultry without closing my eye up with a deeper tone). Wish it was just a tad darker and longer lasting, thus 4/5. These are very special pencils and look extremely flattering on, especially when smudged out. Unfortunately staying power is minimal and that drives me bonkers because I'm constantly retouching. This, out of all her other kohls, wears the best IMO because as it is so close to my own skin tone, it looks more natural when it wears off as opposed to the darker tones where it becomes more obvious when they wear off. Must use with primer and black pencil to at least tightline. Would repurchase. Am going to try MAC Teddy and compare to this.

Edit: Tried MAC Teddy and fell in love. Teddy seems more heavily pigmented and warmer, it shows up stronger against my tan and lasts longer as well. Putting the LM Brown Copper back in my drawer until winter when it may show up stronger.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This gorgeous medium-dark warm brown eyeliner pencil has a lovely, subtle, copper-bronze shimmer, making it more interesting than most. It is dark enough to give good definition, while the subtle shimmer brings out the colors in my hazel brown eyes. It appropriate for daytime and office settings.

Besides its lovely color, it glides on smoothly. I am usually disappointed with liner pencils. They're either too hard and hurt! Or they're too soft and smudge right away, looking messy.

The texture of the LM eyeliner is soft and creamy, yet it is easy to use and control. I can make the line fine or thick, with no tugging on the sensitive skin around the eyes. I can get in close to my lashes for a subtle look or build it up if i want a darker or thicker line. It is smudgeable if that is what you like, but it also holds a good line if you don't smudge.

It is a standard wood pencil, not automatic, so it can be sharpened to your taste.

It is now my everyday liner. The price is a bit high, but the quality and beautiful color make it worth every penny!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2009 11:50:00 AM More reviews by pithanj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Before I lost it a couple of weeks ago, I used this pencil everyday and loved the way it looked. When paired with the LM Bronze Gold color pot it REALLY brought out my blue eyes. I agree that it has staying power and that it lasts a long time. I was only about halfway through it and had had it for about a year (I think). Awesome product, would definitely buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2009 10:13:00 PM More reviews by cytaormina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the color, great payoff, makes hazel eyes pop but no staying power. Smears within two -three hours unless set with a similar colored eye powder. For almost twenty dollars I expect more. Will not buy again.