August 20, 2014 | 1831 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Creamy Moisturizing Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by tealeafy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm very disappointed with this product. It has a delicious yet subtle fragrance (kind of like Lush Sympathy for the skin), but is falls really short on the moisturising promise. I even had small patches of eczema on my arms whilst using this. It is just not emollient enough for dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 2:58:00 AM More reviews by 089315r

this is by far the best (out of all the high-end and drugstore) body lotion i have used. it absorbs quickly, has a soft gentle scent, is SO moisturizing and keeps skin silky soft. ive tried everything. this is the best and i will be purchasing it for the rest of my life.............i hope. if this is discontinued...i will be so unhappy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by geecard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If they ever cancel this line I will cry. It melts into skin, and smells amazing, in a very non-perfume-y way. It is becoming harder to find at my normal stores, so I tried another Aveeno lotion... BOO!!! I hated the way my skin felt after applying. I finally found it at Bed Bath and Beyond and bought all 5 bottles they had on the shelf. I'm not messing around... I need this stuff. In the Winter you can apply it right after your shower with a little hemp oil mixed in. A-MAZING!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Mom2Free

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lotion is pretty good. It soaks in quickly, is non-greasy, and truly does leave my skin feeling silky. It may not be enough for some during the winter months or for those with really dry skin. I find myself needing to reapply on my legs, which get pretty dry. But I think this would be perfect during the summer.

I love the smell. It's delicious, like sweet almonds. The scent does not last on me though, which is too bad because I adore it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by RomaSae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this lotion. It has to most amazing consistency--it's so creamy (as the name implies), and it absorbs almost instantly, no greasy feel. Considering I hate the typical lotion greasiness so much that I often struggle keeping up with it in my routine, it's really nice to have a lotion in my cabinet that doesn't frustrate me when I want to use it.

For me, the lotion does last all day. I don't have very particularly dry skin to start with, though, so if you struggle with dryness or ashiness I can't say how well it will work for you.

I have a love-hate relationship with the scent, though. It's a subtle warm scent that reminds me of a light white musk or sweet milk. Sometimes I love it and it's comforting, other times I want something more complicated that doesn't remind me of a baby smell.

As for the packaging, it's pretty typical. I love two things in particular about it, though: 1, a pump (no messy cap, yay!) and 2, the bottle has a matte finish. That sounds totally unimportant, but to me it makes the difference between the bottle looking cheap or luxurious.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Moonchitaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm sorry but I just DO NOT get the hype about Aveeno products. Everyone seems to rave about them and go on about how marvellous they are, and how moisturising they are and how utterly wonderful they are. Well, they ARENT!. This product in particular does NOTHING for my dry, winter skin - NADA! It kinda smells nice when I put it on and thats it. It sinks in and then 5 minutes later my skin/hands are just as dry as they were before I put it on. I agree with the reviewer below that I may as well just use water for all the good this does. The problem is, its way too light to do any serious moisturising. I notice they make a fanfare on the packaging about "colloidal oatmeal" but the results I get from this cream are completely non-existent. I honestly believe that the people who rave about this product probably have very very slightly dry skin that needs the absolute minimal amount of moisture to feel better. For those of us with extremely dry, tight, prickly winter skin this product is completely pointless. The *only* positive thing I can find about this product is that it smells of almonds which reminds me of cherry bakewell tart. That's pretty much it. I will stick with my unrefined shea butter - its thick, VERY moisturising (the moisture lasts for days) and cheap. It doesnt smell like cherry bakewell tart unfortunately, but at least it does what its supposed to.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Liwka

Favourite Aveeno lotion! I love the smell - not too strong and does not linger - and feels amazing on my skin. I find the other lotions do not absorb well and feel greasy. This does not in the slightest. It's very relaxing lotion, especially at night, the scent and texture help put me at ease. I have not tried it during the winter, so I will see how the lotion is against the harsh Canadian winters. The packaging is horrible, but that is the same for all Aveeno products (here's hopping they'll change it).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Poppyscott30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE THIS! The smell is fantastic and it moisturizes really well!!! Febrile enough to use on my little one:) great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Bought this for my mom and she loves it. The consistency is good, not as greasy as vegetable oil, but more like a lotion with rich oils. Moisturizing ability is decent. I only took a lippie off because the almond smell is quite strong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

my skin is dry but not flakey and can feel tight at times i have bought this product twice already and it has become my most favorite lotion. i like this stuff because of the thin, lightweight, yet really moisturizing formula that absorbs like a dream and makes skin soft and hydrated without feeling greasy. a lot of lotions take forever to soak in but this does not. to me the smell is absolutely heavenly, a light almond-y scent that is very subtle. i use this product out of the shower, after shaving, which other lotions can irritate my freshly shaven skin, or any time i'm feeling dry. try this if you have given up on other lotions that feel too heavy and greasy. amazing price point as well, easily available at target and ulta, recently saw this at cvs.