Elizabeth Arden Blue Grass

3.7

on 6/7/2015 11:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Several years ago I worked in an upscale nursing home as a housekeeper. Quite a few bathrooms had this lovely spring-like, powdery floral odor coming from them. Being the ever nosy person that I am, I had to investigate. In one of the rooms I found a dusting powder of Blue Grass and I was in pure heaven. The smell reminded me of those "Pat the Bunny" books where you smell the flowers. I know it's been years since I've smelled those books but I swear Blue Grass is what they used to scent them. It's the perfect spring scent-it's lush and floral with a touch of powder. I know both the vintage perfume and the dusting powder. Putting it on makes me want to wear a hat and sundress and go out for Sunday brunch. It's so easy to wear- even if you think you hate florals, give this one a whirl, it just might surprise you.

on 6/19/2014 5:19:00 PM

gave this as a gift to someone once when looking for something that smells good, is not heavy, uplifting emotionally and not too costly. I would have liked the packaging to look better though but its what's inside that really counts for this one.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've used Blue Grass deodorant off and on for over fifteen years and have just loved it and wished the smell was stronger, like perfume, so when I finally found a tester (could Arden seem more ashamed of this perfume?) I jumped at the chance to try it.

It is an old-fashioned smell, and the perfume highlights that. It is a spicy-woody yet grassy fresh scent, but the spicy end of the perfume just speaks too loudly on me. It is a nice scent just not for me. The packaging is adorable (dig that almost Art Deco horse silhouette!).

It would be great if Arden brought out a version that smells true to Blue Grass while hewing closer to the more modern smell of the deodorant, a lá Chanel Eau Premiere.

on 3/4/2013 11:49:00 AM

I spritzed Blue Grass on prior to going out for breakfast with my family. After seating us, the hostess returned and asked who was wearing the wonderful fragrance. She said she loved it and said it smelled like "fresh air."

I bought it while shopping with a friend who immediately recognized it as the fragrance all her boarding school friends who rode horses wore. I love it!

on 7/25/2012 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

.. this is not old ladies smell to me anyway. i did use it a long time ago and came back to it recently because i love how it smells on , get compliments and no one knows what it is. And dont' tell- I just forgot :)!
i also use the cream deodorant and it is good too, surprisingly, it's bit perfumy at first but then it goes away and keeps me dry

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Ahh memories....wore this when I was 16yrs old years ago & bought a bottle with my first weeks wages....just bought a bottle & cant believe that something so lovely & elegant is literally pennies!!...its a soft powder floral very feminine & classy ....not as strong as I remember it ...but its still the same lovely fragrance....I only bought 30ml bottle wished I'd got a bigger bottle now ...but at this price you can order a couple at a time so they stay fresh....bottle is nice too and looks lovely on a dresser....

on 9/6/2010 11:18:00 PM

This was the fragrance I wore in college in the early 70's. I came across a bottle in an outlet today and bought it. I sprayed some on and held my wrist under my husband's nose--he was my boyfriend in college. His face lit up, he actually remembered it from all those years ago. I think it smells the same once it dries down, the top notes are a little sharper than what I recall--but it's made in France, so I figured that was a good sign.

on 5/31/2010 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This review is for vintage (70's) Blue Grass. My mother always had this amongst her perfumes. Though it was not particularly her favorite, it the one I most often chose to spritz on myself. I thought it was a gentle, fresh feminine herbal floral, very dry and slightly powdery, soft and elegant. It reminded me of some of Annick Goutal's fragrances today--Eau du Sud, perhaps, and even some of the AG soliflores. I am inspired to try the newer version, though with some trepidation. I see that it has become very inexpensive--not necessarily a bad thing--but I hope it has not been reformulated or cheapened down to say, Emeraude's level.

on 12/31/2009 2:07:00 PM

I have seen this described as a floral but it's not what I think of as a floral at all. It seems very herbal to me, almost masculine. It's not unpleasant but not really my sort of thing. Quite light, not at all overpowering.

on 8/5/2009 11:47:00 PM

My grandmother wore this perfume, my mother wore it and now I wear it.
It has stood the test of time and is a classic for our modern age.
Whenever I wear this I remember my Nan, being wrapped in her arms with her long long hair enveloping me, snuggling up to her and taking deep breaths of this glorious perfume.
I wear it with alot of love.
It has a lovely sweet musky smell, kind of soapy clean and the fragrance lasts all day. I always get compliments when I wear this.

Popular Fragrances