April 18, 2014 | 2032 users online

Makeup Brushes - Urban Decay - Lip Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Bratt_the_Catt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I swapped for this, so can't comment on the price. I use this every time I wear dark or bright lipstick. It's perfect for getting a precise line because the bristles are packed tightly and flat. I've had this for about 3 years and use it at least twice a week, sometimes every day. I've never noticed any shedding. It has a cap that fits on the end of the brush to extend the handle. Very sturdy; I throw it in my purse every time I wear bright/dark lipstick and I've never had the cap come off either in my purse or while applying lipstick. It's vegan which just makes it even more awesome. This lipstick brush is perfect and I would definitely buy again if I lost it.

UPDATE: It is 2011 and I still love this brush. Since getting some OCC Lip Tars, I am using it almost every day and it is holding up perfectly. I'm kindof sad to see that the newer version is retractable instead of reversible like this one but have not tried it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2005 12:24:00 PM More reviews by ghotiball

This is a covered lip brush, great for on the go. I bought in on impulse a while back when UD had the older versions of their brushes. I actually use it as an eye liner brush with wet shadow or gel liner when I travel or stay over at friends' houses. I haven't used it as a "lip brush" because I'm not a heavy lipstick wearer (more into glosses that come with wands), but it works great as a liner brush becaue the hairs are arranged very flatly so I can achieve a thin precise line. Also UD brushes are made of taklon, I find these synthetic brushes have a nice resist and spring to them that make them a good material for liner brushes. Natural hair is a bit floppier and better for softer applications like shadows, blush, powder and blending.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2003 12:57:00 PM More reviews by kezzer

Great lipbrush. The cover doubles as a handle extension, which is nice. I love all UD brushes. Reasonably priced and cruelty free.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2002 9:01:00 AM More reviews by melmel

This is a great lip brush. I like the fact that it comes in its own case so the brush remains clean. It is perfect to use in all the lip pots I buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2002 9:19:00 PM More reviews by SparklingCinderella

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice looking lip brush that I bought only a few days ago. It's nice and comes with a cap so you don't get all your other brushes all sticky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2002 4:35:00 PM More reviews by egilsdottir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i love urban decay brushes because they're cruelty free, and i am trying to cut down on the amount of cosmetics i buy from companies that test on animals and/or use animal fur in their makeup brushes. aside from the brush blush, this is one of my favorites. i like the fact that this comes with a cap, so i don't end up getting lipstick all over my other makeup when i throw it in my bag. the brush is very slender and works very well for no-fault lipstick/gloss application.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2001 1:10:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

I love the way the lipbrush is protected by the cap, and the design is silver and sleek. It works great when applying dark lipsticks, to get the perfect pout.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2001 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Callie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

($16)
This covered lip brush is great, in my experience, and I'm not much of a lip brush sort of person. It's smaller and pointier than the MAC 316SE, so is good for precision application as well as all-over color. I love the long length with the handle inserted into the cap, too.

The UD brushes (synthetic Taklon, hence the orangey tint) are all so smooth and soft, but are a little stiffer than most natural bristles with a soft texture. However, they give a very even application that can't be beat. The quality of the brush and handle is excellent, comparable to my experience with Prescriptives, MAC, Stila, and Cargo, and the texture of the bristles is wonderful.