Chanel EGOISTE PLATINUM

4.3

on 12/15/2009 9:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Crisp, fresh, clean and masculine, I do like this one, but it is a bit same-y on the 'sporty aquatic' front, so that's a downside at this price-point. Upside is that it smells like a premium fragrance. It smells like an EXPENSIVE sporty aquatic, and frankly, I like men to smell sporty aquatic. Clean, warm men are sexy as hell. I'll follow.

on 2/26/2009 11:27:00 PM

My boyfriend wore this for years and I swear they have changed it. The last year or so, every single bottle we have bought smells old or just off. I have noticed this with Coco for women too. I don't know if Chanel has quality control issues or is just trying to be cheap and thinks we won't notice. We have gotten too many bottles from too many different good places (Bloomingdale's, Macy, etc) for it to be a fluke. It you never smelled the original maybe it will smell OK to you but for anyone who knows what it used to smell like this will be a huge disappointment. Big thumbs down. My man loves Mambo by Liz Claiborne and the original Paco Rabonne as replacements.

on 12/28/2007 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

definitely one of my all-time favorite fragrances (next to Creed's Royal Water). it smells fantastically sophisticated and unique. i always get compliment wearing it. and the good thing is it can be worn on all occasions, for everyday work, for party in the evening, or even on special occasions. LOVE LOVE IT.

on 11/29/2007 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Plain and simple it smells like a MAN.
I love Egoiste Platinum on a man.

Its clean, its sexy, its masculine.
Its very seductive to get a soft whiff of this, it makes you want to get closer.
ANY fragrance that is applied too heavily is a turn off, especially men's fragrances which tend to be stronger than women's. If applied correctly; one spray at the base of the neck, this stuff is very, very sexy. And come on, what else would a Chanel man be called but Egoiste?

on 12/18/2006 10:59:00 AM

I really love this scent om my fiancee. After buying a ton of scents for him, this one is the only one we both agree on. Even his mom loves it, and she doesn't like a lot of men's fragrances. Very seductive scent, and I don't think it is overpowering at all.

on 11/25/2006 2:40:00 PM

My brother received this from his girlfriend, and I have to say: he smells amazing. Everytime I'm around him I smell this, and I think it works very well with his body chemistry. He used to have the generic Adidas, Abercrombie, etc fragrances, but this one is a lot more mature. He wears it day and night; it fits many occasions.

I do not care for Egoiste Platinum at all! I thought it would be okay, considering I LOVE LOVE LOVE the original Egoiste, but I can't stand this new stuff! The original Egoiste has some sort of cookie-baking-undertones to it, and I wear it myself (it's too hard to find and too precious so the boyfriend doesn't get any!)--and I get compliments all the time when I wear it. But Platinum smells like doody. :-) (Just MHO)

This smells really bad. My boyfriend got a bottle from one of his friends. The first night he wore it out I noticed a pungent spicy strong nasty odor. Usually I like Chanel scents. I love #5, Allure, Chance, Coco etc but this was just terrible. My boyfriend could see the water in my eyes and general facial expression of disgust so he threw that away. Maybe it just didn't work with his chemistry. But the bottle smelled nasty too.

on 12/30/2005 9:18:00 AM

Just bought for hubby as a Christmas present based on reviews here--it's wonderful. Can't stop snuggling his neck wonderful. It has a very clean, soapy scent with a background of dark masculinity (ie woods, outdoors). Because of the clean notes I think it's a great everyday fragrance, which would also wear well at night. Not too overpowering, but one spritz is all that's needed. I have taught my husband the spritz in front of you and walk away trick so he never over applies. Highly recommend!

on 11/12/2005 6:47:00 PM

This is the epitome of sex. Egoiste Platinum is simply dark and sexy.
Its hard to describe it, its a strong scent.

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Bleu de Chanel