October 2, 2014 | 1806 users online

Makeup Brushes - Urban Decay - Powder Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by JK701

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought my brush a looong time ago, when I didn't even think about having kids, and my oldest is now 7. It is still very soft, although I haven't been taking the best care for it. I haven't seen any bristle loss, even after I wash it with shampoo. I use it to apply my Dior powder foundation, and it really completes my makeup. I have the smoothest face. If I use just the sponge applicator of my powder makeup, it doesn't come out as smooth as with this brush. I highly recommend it. I don't think it was very expensive since I didn't have very much money to spend back then.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by tadeusz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this brush! I've had mine for years (7 or 8), and it was part of the first batch of makeup products I ever bought. The bristles are SO soft even after so many years and uses. The brush is cruelty-free and I have yet to see a hair fall out. If I lost this brush, I would definitely repurchase despite the somewhat high price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by vwbenzo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this brush. It is so soft and applies both powder foundation and bronzer like a dream. It's very even and flawless. Well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by subtlelikeatank

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this brush a few years ago, when they were still made with wood handles. It was okay but not spectacular. When they were redesigned I had to go out and buy it the second I felt the bristles--sooooooo soft! I was a little bothered by the weighted handle at first but now I like it better than standard brush handles, it gives great balance. Never sheds and cleans really easily, although it takes longer than average to dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 1:55:00 AM More reviews by linzeluv

I've been using this brush for a couple of years now. It was recommended by an esthetician so I bought it at Ulta to give it a try. Because I loved this one so much I went and bought the UD blush and eyeshadow brushes too. Then I came home to wash the powder brush and the whole head of bristles fell out of the handle!? It appears it was only glued in. I can't believe such an expensive and wonderful brush is so cheaply constructed. I will try and re-glue because it was so pricey and should last a really long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by adele37

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the absolute softest, most amazing powder brush ever- and the bristles are synthetic, so it's cruelty free. I use it with MSFN and I love the finish it gives! It's so full, doesn't overapply, and it feels amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2009 5:05:00 AM More reviews by kimlovesyooh

Unlike the blush brush, I LOOVE this powder brush! With a burning burning passion:) It is seriously the softest thing of my liiiife and deposits powder excellently. This is a must-have brush, I can't believe the best brush I own is synthetic! Haha go UD!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2009 8:47:00 PM More reviews by saomia

I use this brush for applying loose powder, pressed powder and bronzer. It applies evenly and easily with just a all over my face and I'm done. It doesn't shed and it's easy to clean with shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2008 6:48:00 PM More reviews by cookiemonster88

This brush is wonderful,it paints my powder on(does that make any sense lol!) I just love it,so soft on my face,spreads the powder with ease,I wash it once a week with anti bacterial soap and bada bing bada boom one year later I'm still using the same brush with no loss of softness or bristles! Well worth the $$'s I paid => :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2008 4:09:00 AM More reviews by aphelionyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush recently during the FF sale, along with 2 others. I use it to apply my pressed MMU, and it does a really nice job. I own a lot of brushes, but am trying to get away from animal hair brushes in general due to both the animal issue and because they often get scratchy with my slovenly brush cleaning habits (I wash about once a week with antibacterial soap, which strips natural hair, to kill bacteria that would contribute to acne). While it's not as stiff as any of the animal hair brushes I'd normally use, it does not have a problem picking up powder. It provides a sheerer application because it's softer and more flexible, but that's not a bad thing as it allows me to build where I need to and not overapply where I don't need much. It took a couple of washes to get rid of the smell that it arrived with, but I've not had any shedding or issues with the brush. Very soft and fairly dense. The weighted metal handle is a nice change from wooden ones, and it feels comfortable in my hand. Would repurchase.

One side note, though - every time I use it, I feel like I am applying my makeup with Barbie hair.

Edit - 11/17 - the brush handle is glued together where the handle meets the casing of the brush itself, and the glue on that part has broken so that the brush head wobbles. I will glue it back together, but I am disappointed that the brush isn't constructed in one piece. Water also gets into the seam when I wash it, which I suspect contributed to the breaking of my brush. Wish it wasn't like this.

Edit - 3/09 - the stack of bristles has come out of the casing. I love this brush, but why won't it stay together!?

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No