April 18, 2014 | 2010 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Lumia Brightening Color Creme

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2005 9:02:00 AM More reviews by shishilala

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this product!!!!!! BUT Unfortunately Garnier have discontinued it ... WHY??? I stockpiled dozens of light blonde shades so I have enough to last me until approx. 5 yrs (!) BUT what will I do when it has gone? My hair is the best colour & condition it has ever been since I started using this. A soft natural blonde, only leave it on 10 - 15 minutes as my own hair colour is quite light anyway but just needs a lift. There are less harsh chemicals in LUMIA than any other hair colourant ...WHY OH WHY DID THEY STOP MAKING IT :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2004 4:51:00 AM More reviews by Dollparts

OHHHHHH I absolutely love this stuff why did they dc it? I used the two lighter blonde shades and they were so natural and gorgeous they toned down the bleachy hair i had due to all the bleach i used,and it was great!The dye smelled good,and the conditioner was absolutely yummy! It smelled like sugary bubblegum to me but im just weird i guess.anyways i love this and give it five lippies.im going to see if i can find this stuff online i would like to choose a red shade and try it =)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2004 12:17:00 AM More reviews by claudia945

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A good product for a decent price. I got 'Dark Brown', which looks almost black on the box but turns out a cool, dark brown. It isn't very rich or shiny, comes out more of a natural looking colour, but this can be a good thing depending on what you're looking for. Leaves your hair in lovely condition, very silky and healthy looking. This particular colour was as expected, a nice dark brown, but mroe something richer or more dimension i'd try antoher brand/shade

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2004 1:13:00 PM More reviews by LexicoAmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Why, oh why, have I discovered this product now, when it's being discontinued? Alas! I used this in Golden Brown, and it looks so good. The color is very natural, my white hairs are now golden, and my hair is extremely shiny. There was ample product for my hair, which is about to the middle of my shoulder blades. It was easy to use. Stunk a little, but one expects that. It was cheap. I'm sorry Garnier isn't going to keep making this, because I would keep buying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2004 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Twizzler

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was a very good product! The formula is very creamy and easy to spread throught your hair, unlike a messy liquid. My hair is very curly (Native American/black mix) 3b or 3c and very thick! I recently cut 6 inches of hair so it's about 4 inches below my shoulders. If you can believe it, I had enought color to cover my entire head from root to tip! I used the *Blue Black* shade and it came out a beautiful, ultra glossy black. I love how soft and shiny my hair is!! The formula is awesome because it DOES not stain your counter tops, face, neck, ears, or scalp! This is most definetly the best hair color I've used. I will update in a couple of weeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2004 5:42:00 AM More reviews by drunk3nkitty

I have super thin damaged hair. I just bought a box of lumia (i forgot the shade but it was extremely blonde) just to touch up my roots. I used to use feria but its SOOOO damaging! feria made my hair break n fall out. I let my hair grow out bout a good 2 inches, and used lumia. It was great! My roots matched up perfect to the feria color and no hair fell out! and it was super soft too(i put the color a good 1-2 inches more past my roots to blend in).THE CONDITIONER SMELLS SOOOO NICE!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2004 12:03:00 AM More reviews by letjin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this product is more like a glossing product. They claim that this is a permanent dye, but lasts on me about 3-4wks depending on color. However, this product make my hair look very SHINY! So I will keep using this... maybe this product compares to colorgloss stuff?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2004 4:06:00 PM More reviews by wonderfulcow

I have natural black hair. I tried Garnier Lumia Plum Orchid #32 (twice) the First time to fix the mess that L'Oreal ColorSpa did to my hair. For the first time, I left the dye in my hair for 25 minutes. After the rinse, my hair seemed a bit more 'alive' - But I didn't notice any dramatic changes to the hair color. It definately adds a layer of light-reflecting 'gloss' on the hair. The second time around, I got slight better result. Due to the fact that I have dark hair, in order for Plum Orchid #32 color to 'show' - I left the dye on my hair for 45 minutes. (Yep. Longer than what the was written in the intructions) Again, my hair remained dark black. I have to stand right under the restroom light bulb in order to see some dark purple/shade on the hair.

The conditioner is very decent. Smells a little bit funny, but left my hair very soft and easy to manage.

I will probably not use Lumia for dramatic coloring. It is good for fixing and giving hair a heathier reflection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2003 10:27:00 PM More reviews by surfgal626

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product in "light chestnut." My hair is medium brown with about 5-10% gray and this dye brightens up my color and takes care of the gray (they show up a little lighter than the rest of the hair, but it looks like highlights!) Light chestnut keeps my hair medium brown with red highlights in the sun. I would definitely recommend for a very natural looking color. My hair feels very healthy too - not dried out. The packaging is fine, although I'd prefer the conditioner in a tube instead of a packet. This stuff doesn't stink nearly as much as others either.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2003 4:17:00 PM More reviews by QueenJannine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went to the drugstore looking for a new haircolor product which would damage my hair less, yet still produce a really bright color that would last. I chose Lumia because it advertised as low-ammonia and is meant to enhance, not really change your natural haircolor. My hair's naturally a soft reddish-brown, but i like to dye my hair really bright auburn. So Lumia seemed like a good idea. The creme went on thick... this is the first dye that ever coated my hair completely and thickly... I usually need 2 boxes. The conditioner was good too. After my hair air-dried, it felt so soft, no breakage or brittleness, and unlike in the past, this color actually showed. (I have bad luck with red dyes... you can never tell the difference after I dyed, even if I chose the brightest stoplight red in the store.) The only problem is that the color I bought, Copper Carnation, is supposed to be a light copper color, but the results were one or two shades darker than expected.* Nevertheless, the color looks great, and my hair feels so healthy that I will continue to buy this brand.

*The other reviewers of this product also seem to have a problem with Lumia giving darker results than expected. *In response to "BCHANB", virgin hair is actually the opposite of sensitive/fragile hair.