October 24, 2014 | 957 users online

Eye Shadow - Burt's Bees - all colours [DISCONTINUED]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2006 2:59:00 PM More reviews by wildchipmunk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought this yesterday in "Heather," a perfect lavender color for me -- not too pink or too blue. It made the green in my eyes pop! Although some have mentioned creasing, mine hasn't -- so far it has stayed on all day. For reference, I am 40 and have normal to dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2006 3:39:00 PM More reviews by MerryBerriesNCherries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

First of all, I don't wear any of these colors on a regular basis, blue-gray, royal blue, celery green, and lavendar. I knew they were trouble because they're cream eyeshadows, cream and I don't mix very well. As expected, these faded within 5 minutes and creased HORRIBLY. I did give them each a fair chance, several chances in fact. I won't be buying these greasy, slippery things again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2006 12:23:00 PM More reviews by redhairdreamer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Though I aggree they crease and dont last that long, I still really like them. The colors are pretty. (though not many of them) and its a natural look. Id buy again.
*UPDATE: Id like to get the other shades of this but sadly I dont think they are vegan and will be trying another brand, most likely zuzu luxe or ecco bella

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2005 9:35:00 PM More reviews by zimaleah501

Lovely colors, but they creased virtually the minute I applied them, even with my attempts to use a base or powder to help them stick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2005 11:16:00 AM More reviews by i_darling

I have two of these in Celery and Periwinkle and really like them both for a sheer wash of color on the lids. It really lasts on me but does tend to crease a bit so I have to watch out for that. I really like the sleek and easy to tote packaging and appreciate the natural ingredients as well. Overall, I would certainly give them a try if you're interested but wish that Burt's would come out with some more colors already.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2005 9:31:00 PM More reviews by hmurphy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These came off my eyes in about 2.2 seconds. It creased almost before I finished applying it. These were part of a BB makeup kit filled with samples. I definitely won't buy the full sizes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2004 7:18:00 PM More reviews by virginiachick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this eyeshadow in Heather, a very nice lavender purple. It looks awesome with my green eyes and it has vitamin E. And it stays all day on my eyelids. What more could you ask for?

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2004 6:38:00 PM More reviews by sophiemag

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like a light eye shadow, so this is fine for me for daytime. It is a little like my beloved Calvin Klein eye color wash, no longer sold.
I have it in blue (where, in my opinion, subtle is good) and mauve.
It blends well, and can be built up.
The staying power is fine, but I have dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2004 2:48:00 PM More reviews by whooey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use the gray color under my eyeshadow to make it last longer. I like the purple color, but it just doesn't last long enough.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2004 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Chrisskins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Huge disappointment. I bought the $10.00 sampler pack and am having a hard time deciding which is the worst product. The eyeshadows creased and disappeared right above my very eyes. The concealer did the same thing. The speed that this stuff migrated was measurable in minutes! The Grace lipstick is a light morgue pink, with a nice minty taste. (I like my dead bodies minty). The shimmer lip stuff was fine, but not a lip gloss feel. Dry. The tinted moisturizer was very globby, but blended well once I accepted the fact that the texture is a mess. The powder was powder, who cares after all this. The blush went on and wore off. The packaging and the hype are great, but the whole line is a disaster. This stuff is not tested on animals, but I don't think it was tested on humans either.