Burt's Bees all colours [DISCONTINUED]

2.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/10/2006 2:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Bought this yesterday in "Heather," a perfect lavender color for me -- not too pink or too blue. It made the green in my eyes pop! Although some have mentioned creasing, mine hasn't -- so far it has stayed on all day. For reference, I am 40 and have normal to dry skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

First of all, I don't wear any of these colors on a regular basis, blue-gray, royal blue, celery green, and lavendar. I knew they were trouble because they're cream eyeshadows, cream and I don't mix very well. As expected, these faded within 5 minutes and creased HORRIBLY. I did give them each a fair chance, several chances in fact. I won't be buying these greasy, slippery things again.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Though I aggree they crease and dont last that long, I still really like them. The colors are pretty. (though not many of them) and its a natural look. Id buy again.
*UPDATE: Id like to get the other shades of this but sadly I dont think they are vegan and will be trying another brand, most likely zuzu luxe or ecco bella

on 8/23/2005 9:35:00 PM

Lovely colors, but they creased virtually the minute I applied them, even with my attempts to use a base or powder to help them stick.

on 8/9/2005 11:16:00 AM

I have two of these in Celery and Periwinkle and really like them both for a sheer wash of color on the lids. It really lasts on me but does tend to crease a bit so I have to watch out for that. I really like the sleek and easy to tote packaging and appreciate the natural ingredients as well. Overall, I would certainly give them a try if you're interested but wish that Burt's would come out with some more colors already.

on 2/6/2005 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

These came off my eyes in about 2.2 seconds. It creased almost before I finished applying it. These were part of a BB makeup kit filled with samples. I definitely won't buy the full sizes.

on 10/30/2004 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this eyeshadow in Heather, a very nice lavender purple. It looks awesome with my green eyes and it has vitamin E. And it stays all day on my eyelids. What more could you ask for?

on 9/25/2004 6:38:00 PM

I like a light eye shadow, so this is fine for me for daytime. It is a little like my beloved Calvin Klein eye color wash, no longer sold.
I have it in blue (where, in my opinion, subtle is good) and mauve.
It blends well, and can be built up.
The staying power is fine, but I have dry skin.

on 5/26/2004 2:48:00 PM

I use the gray color under my eyeshadow to make it last longer. I like the purple color, but it just doesn't last long enough.

on 1/18/2004 7:08:00 PM

Huge disappointment. I bought the $10.00 sampler pack and am having a hard time deciding which is the worst product. The eyeshadows creased and disappeared right above my very eyes. The concealer did the same thing. The speed that this stuff migrated was measurable in minutes! The Grace lipstick is a light morgue pink, with a nice minty taste. (I like my dead bodies minty). The shimmer lip stuff was fine, but not a lip gloss feel. Dry. The tinted moisturizer was very globby, but blended well once I accepted the fact that the texture is a mess. The powder was powder, who cares after all this. The blush went on and wore off. The packaging and the hype are great, but the whole line is a disaster. This stuff is not tested on animals, but I don't think it was tested on humans either.

Popular Eye Shadows