October 31, 2014 | 1475 users online

Mascara - Smashbox - Limitless Lash

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by MakeupThatSmiles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My favorite mascara of all times, i had hoped they were not discounting this product however they are. it makes my lashes look long and natural without looking fake my tube lasted me six months i finally just tossed my tube out. i just order 4 from ebay cause i cant live with out this mascara i love it not only because it was used it twilight but because its an overall great product!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2011 8:20:00 AM More reviews by fatisil

I wonder if there is any product inside the tube! I honestly believe something is missing... Maybe they forgot to fill it :p Now, seriously, either I got a flawed product or it is the worst mascara ever... I don't even see it on my lashes. At least I can use the transparent side for my brows...

(I tried giving it a zero Rate, but it didn't allow me to)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by erinnx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is NOT waterproof. I went to a pool party thinking my makeup will stay and i left looking like a racoon! The mascara is okay but it really let me down. I really am starting to dislike smashbox all together. I really like lash stiletto in waterproof, because it actually stays!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by tinadang

WOW, one of the worst "waterproof" mascaras I have ever used. By mid-morning, I had smudges all under my lower lashline that made me look like I haven't slept for a week. The "innovative" make-up remover on the other side doesn't work. I like the packaging, though. I would never recommend this to anyone, there are better waterproof mascaras out there that are a fraction of the price. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by virgy123

I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this --- obtained a package of 2 at Nordstrom's Rack. Not sure how much I paid for this, certainly less than the full retail for 1 tube but whatever I paid it was too much.

I'll start off with the good points:

* Inky black black black.
*Goes on easily with very little clumping.
* Layers well. By the time I was done applying it to upper and lower lashes on both eyes, and returned to the first eye to apply a 2nd coat, it had dried well enough to accept a 2nd coat. I don't go for 3 coats so can't tell you how well a third coat would go over

*Eyelashes are separated, thicker, longer with the inky black that I love.

* I love the way it opens up my eyes
* Better than natural without going over the top

The cons:

*Too expensive
* The remover on the other end of the wand DOESN'T remove the mascara
* Difficult to clean off. I use jojoba oil to remove makeup, including around the eyes and swap off gently with cottonball. Had to go around my eyes twice to remove it.
* Smudges like crazy! When I first put this on, it looks great but within an hour I get smudges under my eyes. I've experienced that with drugstore brands did NOT expect this from Smashbox.
* irritating to the eyes. I inevitably get some in my eyes when removing, left with red eyes. Very pretty! (insert sarcasm here)
* It's hard to believe this is waterproof, given the smudge factor. The ONLY indication that this is waterproof is with the difficulty of removing.

I picked up two tubes, hoping to give one away as a Xmas present. Realized that I couldn't possibly inflict this upon another, so I'm stuck with 2 useless tubes of mascara that won't stay on all day long.

I even tried applying pure silk powder under my eyes prior to applying mascara, in hopes the silk powder would prevent it from smudging.... No luck there, instead I had overly highlighted eyes underneath then when the mascara started flaking and smudging, resulted in a gray mess within several hours. Yuch!

I would save my $$ and try something else.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Justas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This one is really horrible. Not waterproof (the only reason i bought it)as it clames to be. Takes time to put it off. It gives you naturally looking lashes. Do not understand so much of the *remover* side. I will try it with mascara base with hope that it ll stay longer than a couple of hours without smudging...

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2008 10:26:00 PM More reviews by pinkvanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was first drawn to this product since they don't test on animals.

It coats my lashes pretty well, but that's about all it does. Nothing special.

It's not very waterproof either. Some mascara stays on, a bit comes off.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2008 3:46:00 PM More reviews by jdonada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's really sad because when I put this mascara on my lashes really looked good. But, good lord this mascara runs and smudges like no other mascara I have ever used! I don't know what the deal is, I wonder how they can even call it waterproof?

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2007 7:20:00 PM More reviews by earmah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is unbelieveably bad. If you recieved it without knowing anything about it and not reading the box before you threw it away, well, then you woulnt know what it was for.

It is so bad, that for a while I thought it was an eyelash tint. A liquid eyelash tint that got everywhere. EVERYWHERE. I never realized that it was suppose to be waterproof macara. It had no capacity to lengthen, thicken or curl. BOO.

I did not know what the remover was for. And I find it distasteful to use it as a remover; how unappealing would it be to coat your lashes with a brush filled with mascara bits? I started using it on my eyebrows, not that it did much for them.

Dont buy this. DONT BY THIS!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2007 12:37:00 AM More reviews by SPACEGIRL1000

How dare smashbox put out a mascara as crappy as this and then have the nerve to charge $22 for this. It's a peice of s***! It has a mascara on one end that does absolutly NOTHING for your lashes. The other end has a greasy vaseline like substance. I have tried all of the smashbox mascara's and they all suck!