Sisley Eye Concealer With Botanical Extracts

3.6

on 8/28/2015 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this product many years ago when in Italy because all my makeup was lost with my luggage. I loved the product and immediately tried to buy more when I got back to the U.S., but at that time it was not sold anywhere in the U.S. So I have been skimping with what I have trying to make it last. But, I understand it is now being sold in the U.S. I hope that it is the same product. In my estimation, it is worth every penny! After all these years, it has never separated, no oily residue, covers so well. I have a dark spot on my cheek. I dab it on and blend the edges, and it covers it almost completely. No other concealer has been able to do this. I would definitely spend over $100 on this product because it lasts such a long time and works so well. I believe you can get it cheaper than $100 online though. Do searches. I am a natural dark blonde with a medium/light complexion. I use the # 2.

on 6/23/2015 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally, something that (also) helps to cover 'white' circles under the eye. My under-eye skin is less pigmented and with this product, I get an even tone, it diminishes puffiness, and it is so easy to apply.

Although it is pricey, I will definitely repurchase. Great product!!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I like this product. It's a nice, light coverage concealer that does what it says it should. It isn't moisturising in any way so I would not recommend for those with dry skin. Good for a very natural make-up look but not really worth the price tag.

Pros:
- Cooling metal tip which can be used to de-puff under eye bags
- Comes with a good quality (but small) concealer brush
- Lasts forever! I've had mine for almost 2 years and there is still a lot left

Cons:
- Quite expensive for a non-magical product
- Has to be layered 3-4 times to cover dark circles

on 10/31/2014 9:38:00 PM

I finally bit the bullet and bought this concealer. I use several Sisley products but really hated the price of this, it's almost as much as their oil-free foundation which I have reviewed here and think it is the best foundation ever. I never had dark circles under my eyes but as I've aged I have some dark spots on the inside corners. Maybe the skin is getting thinner? Anyway, I needed a concealed and did my due diligence in searching for one. I spent time on this website reading reviews and a lot of you like Cle de Peau, Armani, YSL and Laura Mercier so I started there. I had first tried the Sisley and really liked it, perfect match for the foundation but hated the price....did I already say that? I did like the Cle de Peau but there just wasn't a good color match, so I tried their little sister Shiseido but no good color there. I liked the Armani but one SA told me I needed a "corrector" first, then the concealer and their brush and price-wise I was at the Sisley price. Another Armani MA said the concealer was enough, but it did sort of cake and settle in my very fine lines. YSL was too runny. The Laura Mercier MA said I also needed some kind of settling powder. I don't wear a lot of make-up and was really confused. So, off to the mall again, asked the Sisley MA to apply the concealer and foundation. A couple hours later the hubby, who is the best hubby, says " don't take this the wrong way but this morning you looked very tired, I know Karen (the MA) was doing your make-up and now you look very rested". I swear this concealer actually looks better as the day goes on. Still couldn't get over the price, but I waited for a beauty event at Saks, got a nice tote (one I can actually use) filled with nice samples and bought this! The SA gave me a load of Sisley samples so it eased the sting of the price. For me, the deciding factors were great color match, non-cake and non-run consistency and a nice brush that comes with it. The color match is so good that I can wear it without foundation, for the days I'm just running errands, I put on some eye balm, concealer, a little mascara and lip gloss and off I go. Just like the Sisley foundation it looks better as the day progresses. Maybe this works for me because of the color match (I use #2). This concealer also has a de-puffing treatment in it and it comes in a tube with a cool metal applicator. I can easily see this lasting close to a year. Even though Sisley is an expensive line their samples are generously sized so you can try before you buy.

on 2/21/2014 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I originally bought it for undereye fine lines and not so much for dark circles or puffiness, and it does a great job not accentuating fine lines. Does cover up dark circles fairly okay with a single layer, but eye area still looks dull. If you are not too concerned with brightening effect or if you have luminous skin to begin with this is a great product I must say. Nars creamy concealer does better for me personally, in terms of overall results.

on 3/21/2013 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Good i bought it with 50%off. NEVER AGIN. Its just drying my skin under my eyes. Product lies not very smooth, hammered into fine lines and just makes me look older. I'm not sure it's good for the skin. After 2-3 hours begins the worst - the skin under the eyes look tired, irritated and wrinkles, in which hid the product, look deeper.

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Been using this product for about 12 months and have to say its one of the best. Have used virtually everything as have bad dark circles due to being an insomniac so demand a lot from a product. Being a certain age I have fine lines as well. This product does not pool in them but sits nice and flat on the skins c the staying power is amazing!! It's pricey but it works. I've wasted more money on cheaper products trying to find the one. Recommend to everyone to go to counter and ask for sample.

on 1/10/2012 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This concealer looks fantastic, really natural and light. It doesn't cake and feels very moisturizing. It is also impressively effective as a base on eye lids. Expensive but worth it.

on 9/19/2011 3:44:00 AM

I really wanted to love this product BUT...
... the fact is that I hate it, and only used it so I do not throw away the money I spent on it. Thank God I bought it on 35% off.
I have this in No1, and though it matches my skin better than the rest of the shades, the results I get are awful. It seems to dry my under eye area, making it look like some sort of lizard-skin, with tiny bumps all over (bump-bump-bump). It also seems to emphasize my soft lines making them look like ravines. Really! I was horrified! But to its defense, the staying power is good.
Now, when I bought it I used it over the Sisley eye balm, but even so I had the above results (then I tried Nuxe, a local brand, a couple of other companies' samples etc - all the same).
I still have not managed to use it all up, even after 3 years (OK, the 3rd year I got back to my Clinique), but it is really silly to pay all that money, get that much product and then be expected to finish it in 12 months.
Also, I rated the packaging with 3 because I have problem getting the correct quantity. The product is more runny-less creamy, but the tube is hard and it needs some pressure. So I end up with more product than I need, and it is then difficult to put it back in.
Another issue with the packaging: the back end, the sort of crimped one, well on me it broke and the breaking seems to continue on the rest of the plastic, on the length of the tube. It is only a hair fracture in the plastic, about 1-2 mm long, but I already see that some product seeps to the surface. I do not mistreat my MU products and I certainly never experienced something like this before, but it annoys me. I paid so much for it! Why the crappy package?
I am definitely not buying this again.

on 8/8/2011 12:24:00 PM

I bought it because it is a treatment concealer. but it doesn't blend, it doesn't mix, and gives a patchy look. i tried before foundation and after, the same results. slightly better when applied with concealer brush, but doesn't even come close to other concealers I use. my verdict is that this is a mediocre product, whatever treatment ingredients it may contain it doesn't have a decent concealer function. The only use I can think of, is for the weekends when I don't wear makeup but want to cover the dark circles a little bit. Because it is a treatment thing, it won't be so bad for the skin and also i can look better for lunches at home. But I woudn't wear this when going out - i agree with the previous reviewer that Helena Rubinstein Magic Concealer is one of the best for the eye area.

Top Rated Sisley Products