November 21, 2014 | 1798 users online

Liquid - Annabelle - SkinTrue Natural Lightweight Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by kourtsnow

This is the only foundation ive been using for about 2 years.
I really hate the heavy feel of makeup and this one is truly lightweight.
It gives a medium coverage and blends well.

I usually use this with almays luminous primer and hard candys glamoflage concealer.

Its a great price which is usually around 11$ at Shoppers drugmart and it lasts me quite a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Sunny1212

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation (is it an actual foundation? or more of a tinted moisturizer?) is actually quite sheer, and doesn't cover things like freckles, but does a fairly good job of covering redness. I have the lightest shade (i think) and it is a bit yellow, but then again I'm quite pale with pink undertones, rather than yellow. However it won't make you look like a lemon. It's not THAT bad! xD

The problems I have with this product is that is catches all those little fuzzy hairs on your face. And, it cakes around dry areas, like on the sides of your nose (that is, if the sides of your nose are dry. mine are.) And also, if you were to run your hand along your face, it like, cakes and rolls into little bits and pieces! So it looks chunky then.

It dries really matte, and is quite soft when you touch it, almost powdery. However, until it reaches that powder stage, it's sticky as heck to apply. It basically pulls my face as I'm applying it with my brush.

The packaging is fine, too!

I believe I got this for about $7.50 (on sale) which seems like a fair price.

Overall, it's an OK product if you don't want to pay much. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. Because of the colour and dry-spot issues, I wouldn't repurchase.

If any of you are like me and are CRUELTY-FREE (AKA: boycotting all companies that test on animals) this is a good pick, because Annabelle (affiliated with Marcelle) does not test on animals. :D Hurrah!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Cassandra112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this foundation for several months actually. . I get break outs on and off terribly.. Not until now did i notice when I wear my foundation every day for a few days thats when I break out.

If i dont use it then I dont break out.. Easy as that. I love the coverage this foundation gives. However have any of you looked at what is actually inside this product? It is disgusting. I decided today to take a look to see if maybe my skin is reacting to something in the makeup. After reading what this bottle of makeup is made of it has turned me off from ever touching Annabelle products again..

Talc (Similiar to asbestos), Parabens ( Several different types ), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate ( Used in floor cleaners...), Mineral Oil ( Used to produce gasoline), Phthalates (Used as a plastic softener for toys), Propyln Gylcol (Used in anti freeze), Polymethyl Methacrylate ( Arcrylic Glass)..

These are just a FEW ingredients listed in this foundation... Just wanted to share with you all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by bldsgrsxmgk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am not a fan of matte foundations but this one I really like. I love the coverage- totally wearable for even bad skin days yet with a lightweight feel. It looks natural on, not overly matte (the packaging describes it as a 'delicate matte finish')- your skin but better. For me, Sun Beige is a perfect match for my skin and it stays put for a full 8 hours or more.. it's very transfer-resistant. Haven't worn it for warm weather yet though, but I imagine it will be a perfect stay-put foundation for long summer days because of its oil free formula. It is also a matte foundation that goes with all types of powder blushes and bronzers, setting powders etc without making your face look too powdery or caked up which I like. And I really love the simple packaging. It's supposed to be for all skin types and is fragrance free, thumbs up.

UPDATE: Works great in all seasons and continues to be in my all-time top 5 foundations.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by cadeyduck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's a decent foundation but there are very few shades, I picked up the lightest one and it's too dark.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by amberj2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So Far I love this product. I bought it yesterday for about $10. I got my colour in natural ivory. They only have five shades, which isnt much. The Coverage Is Light to medium, Its Covers Just enough but not too much so it looks likes you arent wearing makeup, It covers my red Cheeks & Hides all my dark sports. I dont have to wear concealer with this either. I cant say if it makes me break out, But I wouldnt think so since my skin isnt acne prone so i dont tend to break out a lot. I think this foundation is awesome for everyday wear and is great to wear if you have a job. It lasts about 5 hours, so Re-applying would be needed. Leaves my skin feeling smooth & is very lightweight, Its Like a second skin. I Love The Packaging too, Hard to get foundation with the tube, A little goes a long way too, About the size of a pea covers most of my face.
Gonna buy this again.

EDIT: After wearing this foundation for a week straight, I have noticed that at the end of the week, My nose,cheek & mouth area were very flaky. I know its because of the foundation because my face is never that bad. I still wear it, just not as often since i dont want another dry face incident.
So for people with combination-dry(very dry) this might not work for your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by kittyinglasses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really impressed with this product, I bought it about a week ago and have not broken out AT ALL from it! I did experience the initial burning feeling that other people talk about and I think that's the flower/leaf extracts in it. It doesn't exactly throw those ingredients in your face like a lot of other foundations that go one about how many "natural ingredients" it contains.

The packaging is clean, simple. I find the bottle makes it look darker than it is. In Nars Sheer Glow shades I am "Siberia" and the shade "Natural Ivory" matches PERFECT.

It is really an in-between yellow-beige shade, there isn't as much of a pink undertone as it looks on the bottle.

The only thing I think is quite sad is that this product is easily missed. I think it isn't the best-selling foundation around so it's usually located at the VERY bottom of the Annabelle display.
If you're ever out and see the display, LOOK DOWN!

There are usually testers for every shade, and the price is pretty fair (I believe it's $8.47 at Walmart), so I think everyone should give it a try. I personally think it's great for those with acne & scars. It's a medium coverage foundation that could probably be easily built up.

It is transfer resistant as it says on the bottle. I went out into the rain with it on, went inside and wiped my face off with a piece of paper towel and I didn't see any transfer.
I think it might actually blend into your skin tone (kind of like that almay smart shade foundation), but it isn't really advertised as that, although that could be what "Skintrue" means.

All in all, great foundation. I think I've found my drugstore HG foundation.
Edit 1: I stopped using because I found it too neutral for my liking.
EDIT 2: I repurchased this recently, after they had reformulated. They changed the colours a bit, and the shade match is even better! It's also not drying or burning or making my super-sensitive skin react poorly. I'm really happy to be using this again, it really is an HG buy for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Bicyclor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love that this is a Canadian brand, and for its price is actually pretty good. It has nice beige undertones in it which counter my red quite nicely, goes on very smooth and is super easy to apply. A great dewy finish and I'd say it has medium coverage without feeling heavy at all. Only $6.00!
Unfortunately, after using this on and off for the last four years now it seems to break me out in cystic acne which is too bad because I really liked it.
I don't think you should try this is you have sensitive skin, but anyone else looking for a cheaper foundation that works, give this a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Chas2761

better than cover girl and revlon, needs to be set with powder, very natural medium coverage, cheap and nice shades,

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by megtul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product while in a rush, and the price wasn't too bad, so I grabbed it without really thinking. HUGE MISTAKE. After coming home, I read some reviews, and got nervous about using this product, especially since most of the reviews mentioned that it made users break out. I tried it anyways, and woke up the next morning with a blotchy, ITCHY face. Luckily the return policy at my local drugstore is fantastic, so that wasn't too much of a hassle.
I was also disappointed with this product because, even though right after application it looked beautiful, an hour or so later my face looked extremely greasy. It felt heavy and slippery on my face. After wear, it accentuated red spots on my face, and didn't do anything for blemishes. The matte coverage is really nice, but only lasts for about an hour, then looks blotchy and unattractive. I will not be repurchasing.