Dior Chris 1947

3.5

on 12/17/2011 3:28:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i HATE the fact these were limited editions. my first dior perfume, well my first perfume EVER. i love it. someone mentioned below of a little sweet and spicy or something. and yes, i have to agree. this perfume is just to adorable in packaged and how it smells :)

on 10/2/2009 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

The woods dominated in the opening of Chris 1947, but later the rich fruit came up to match the woods. I feel this fragrance could be worn by a woman or man.

on 9/9/2008 4:18:00 PM

After spritzing my wrist with Chris 1947, I held it up to my husband's nose for his opinion. He said, "Well, isn't that generic." I concur.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I recieved this as a gift and at first, wasn't really impressed. At the time I ONLY liked and used foody smelling perfumes. I used the majority of the bottle anyway, almost wasting it in a sense as I would spray it all over my friends, my room - anything - which I normally wouldn't do with a scent I liked. After about a year, and with the perfume being almost empty, I tried it on myself again to see if I liked it - and to my suprise I didn't just like it, I LOVED it! Now I regret wasting it as I can only find this perfume on ebay for a small fortune!

It's a strong, fruity perfume which is perfect for summer. I recommend it to those who like Miracle and Be Delicious.

on 12/7/2006 12:19:00 PM

This perfume really reminds me of Incanto Dreams-it's a nice, sweet, fruity scent. Only difference is this smells a tad bit more tart, which is due to the cranberry note, I guess. This has really great staying power on me and is pretty strong so I make sure to spray it with a light hand. Overall, it's a pretty scent and would be really great for summer. Nothing so special that I'd repurchase though unless I found it somewhere for really cheap

on 11/12/2005 6:44:00 PM

Nice fragrance; somewhat non-descript... good for those days when you don't really want to make a statement but want to smell nice. Lasting power didn't seem great but I always carry my scent of the day with me so no biggie.

on 11/9/2005 9:26:00 AM

I got this at Marshall's for 19.99 and really like it. Its very refreshing and light. The staying power sucks but since I didn't pay full price its ok. If I did I would probably return it. Its a common scent, nothing really special. Perfect for work or a day out. It also didn't turn all gross on me which is a big plus.

This is a very cute fragrance. Sweet and a little spicy at the same time. Although I wouldn't wear it during the evening, its perfect for day-wear.

on 8/3/2005 5:33:00 AM

I am at my 2nd bottle! Really love this sexy, chic though sweet and fresh fragrance. My only complain is the scent doesn’t last over 2 hours.

on 6/11/2005 11:49:00 PM

I love this fragrance, it's sexy and pretty. The first time I sprayed it on I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist. It has something spicy and oriental which makes it really addictive. Here's a description I found of it:

With a name inspired by the combination of Christian Dior's first name (Chris), and the year the first Dior Couture collection launched (1947), Chris 1947 was designed especially for women with a “rock ‘n roll” attitude, who's always optimistic about life, this sparkling floral is a sexy combination of fresh, exotic floral notes and spicy fruits soothed with driftwood, musk, and sweet Amyris wood.

Notes:
Paradise Seed, Cranberry, Reed, Freesia, Cactus Flower, Water Violet, Sweet Pea, Driftwood, Musk, Amyris Wood.

Popular Fragrances