December 22, 2014 | 1642 users online

Fragrances - Guerlain - L'Instant de Guerlain

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by kafutul

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful, feminine, excellent scent. This is what perfume should smell like. The best part about it; it just keeps on changing throughout the day wowing you and by evening it's at it's best, teasing my nose. Excellent scent and this is the Edt version.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 5:39:00 AM More reviews by SUPAtime

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

L'Instant reminds of 24 Faubourg by Hermes in its golden plushness and symphonic synthetic-ness. It is a dense and almost syrupy combination of honeyed florals and vanilla which is interrupted by a faintly astringent Chinese magnolia accord. Not my kind of scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Angelbix

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of my all time favorite perfumes. It is so warm and romantic. Not overpowering at all. Just yummy and sexy. It's very hard to find. Thank goodness Sephora carries it online. It's expensive but worth it. It lasts and it comes in a simple but beautiful heavy glass bottle. I hope this is never discontinued.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Piper47

This is a really pretty, powdery vanilla floral on me. Like others reviewing here it's easy on the nose & would not offend but I also didn't find that it stopped me in my tracks or that it was love at first sniff. On me it smelled similar to Frederic Malle lipstick rose EDP.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by ladyc74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Guerlain fragrances - that heavy, old-fashioned vanilla powder just does it for me. My most beloved is L'Heure Bleue. Unfortunately, my husband feels the opposite - he loathes the very same powdery note that I adore. So this scent is my compromise. It is very definitely Guerlain, with that trademark musky vanilla powder. But it's a lot more subtle. Guerlain-lite, if you will. I am not overly keen on the initial fragrance, which has a fresh, watery, shampoo-like note. But that fades within minutes to a beautiful, soft, slightly floral powdery honey - and let's face it, it's the drydown you live with for most of the day, so I'm happy with that. Nobody has ever commented on this fragrance and that's because it's not in-your-face, I think - but it's warm, comforting and pretty. A great everyday Guerlain fix.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have many perfumes, this is the only one my husband actually likes.... Luckily I buy and wear them for my self but this one I can wear for both of us:)
I usually don't like vanilla/honey/gourmand type perfumes but this is not cloying or sickly sweet.
This is love in a bottle for me. It is a warm cloud of calm and serenity. It is also totally different to any other frag I have come across.
Though I do concur with others that this is best used with discretion. It is strong in the EDP and the sillage is quite powerful.Also be careful in hot weather. Yesterday I was wearing this and the temp was nudging 40*C (hot!!!) and it was too much.
BTW the atomizer/spray is the best I have used.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by bululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

There's something special about this fragrance that can't be captured in words. Not for the faint hearted, it's strong, sexy and very feminine. I truly love it in winter but it's too overpowering for summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 4:21:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been reading reviews of this scent and some left me speechless...both in a good and in a bad way...

for me, this is a short and sweet aberration from the guerlinade-based Guerlains (heheh), that doesn't have so much in common with the full blooded guerlaines familliar to the wide audience.but I think that is exactly what makes this one so special....
this is a very beautiful, hypnotic and extremely sexy gourmand, based on a magnolia/honey accord and brought to extreme by very luscious amber note.....there's vanilla also, but that vanilla isn't childlishly sweet or overdone...

now- Shalimar,Addict,Roma???...no resemblance at all...!!
first of all- Shalimar is a powdery bergamot/lemon/opoponax oriental,Addict is a tonka/vanilla based oriental, Roma is a floriental with a heavy blackcurrant/mint note, and bergamot/patchouly base, not a honey/amber gourmand like L'Instant....

this is a unique,sweet,ultramodern and feminine perfume,but you have to be very careful when wearting it in public... it has very powerful sillage and almost a surreal projection, so try to be modest (1,2, spritz will do ok)....a perfect winter-daytime scent (I don't recommend it on a hot,humid day), and a wonderful companion for an evening out...followed by....well, yeah, THAT!!

creamy,dreamy,steamy little miracle.....try it before the buy...

p.s. EDP and EDT are not so different considering the notes, but edp is rather deep and more dense...has less citruses,more amber and all in all is a monstruous in a sense of sillage...edt is a tad lighter and fluffier, but also very charming and unusual...

I recommend an EDP, because it captures perfectly the idea behind this wonderful perfume- strong,feminine woman,but with an edge...provocative,maybe not decorative enough to be called a sex bomb,quite shy and introverted...until the vulcano in her works his way out...

that is how I experience L'Instant....

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by stayce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pretty! A nice, orange blossom-magnolia with a sweet vanillic-honey (but no uric acid) base. I'll probably get a full bottle once it makes its way down through the discounters.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by AlessBL

My favorite together with Mitsouko. Simply the best. It's not a fragrance, it's a whole atmosphere that surrounds you.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No