April 17, 2014 | 1521 users online

Fragrances - Guerlain - L'Instant de Guerlain

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Angelbix

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of my all time favorite perfumes. It is so warm and romantic. Not overpowering at all. Just yummy and sexy. It's very hard to find. Thank goodness Sephora carries it online. It's expensive but worth it. It lasts and it comes in a simple but beautiful heavy glass bottle. I hope this is never discontinued.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Piper47

This is a really pretty, powdery vanilla floral on me. Like others reviewing here it's easy on the nose & would not offend but I also didn't find that it stopped me in my tracks or that it was love at first sniff. On me it smelled similar to Frederic Malle lipstick rose EDP.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by ladyc74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Guerlain fragrances - that heavy, old-fashioned vanilla powder just does it for me. My most beloved is L'Heure Bleue. Unfortunately, my husband feels the opposite - he loathes the very same powdery note that I adore. So this scent is my compromise. It is very definitely Guerlain, with that trademark musky vanilla powder. But it's a lot more subtle. Guerlain-lite, if you will. I am not overly keen on the initial fragrance, which has a fresh, watery, shampoo-like note. But that fades within minutes to a beautiful, soft, slightly floral powdery honey - and let's face it, it's the drydown you live with for most of the day, so I'm happy with that. Nobody has ever commented on this fragrance and that's because it's not in-your-face, I think - but it's warm, comforting and pretty. A great everyday Guerlain fix.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have many perfumes, this is the only one my husband actually likes.... Luckily I buy and wear them for my self but this one I can wear for both of us:)
I usually don't like vanilla/honey/gourmand type perfumes but this is not cloying or sickly sweet.
This is love in a bottle for me. It is a warm cloud of calm and serenity. It is also totally different to any other frag I have come across.
Though I do concur with others that this is best used with discretion. It is strong in the EDP and the sillage is quite powerful.Also be careful in hot weather. Yesterday I was wearing this and the temp was nudging 40*C (hot!!!) and it was too much.
BTW the atomizer/spray is the best I have used.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by bululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

There's something special about this fragrance that can't be captured in words. Not for the faint hearted, it's strong, sexy and very feminine. I truly love it in winter but it's too overpowering for summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 4:21:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been reading reviews of this scent and some left me speechless...both in a good and in a bad way...

for me, this is a short and sweet aberration from the guerlinade-based Guerlains (heheh), that doesn't have so much in common with the full blooded guerlaines familliar to the wide audience.but I think that is exactly what makes this one so special....
this is a very beautiful, hypnotic and extremely sexy gourmand, based on a magnolia/honey accord and brought to extreme by very luscious amber note.....there's vanilla also, but that vanilla isn't childlishly sweet or overdone...

now- Shalimar,Addict,Roma???...no resemblance at all...!!
first of all- Shalimar is a powdery bergamot/lemon/opoponax oriental,Addict is a tonka/vanilla based oriental, Roma is a floriental with a heavy blackcurrant/mint note, and bergamot/patchouly base, not a honey/amber gourmand like L'Instant....

this is a unique,sweet,ultramodern and feminine perfume,but you have to be very careful when wearting it in public... it has very powerful sillage and almost a surreal projection, so try to be modest (1,2, spritz will do ok)....a perfect winter-daytime scent (I don't recommend it on a hot,humid day), and a wonderful companion for an evening out...followed by....well, yeah, THAT!!

creamy,dreamy,steamy little miracle.....try it before the buy...

p.s. EDP and EDT are not so different considering the notes, but edp is rather deep and more dense...has less citruses,more amber and all in all is a monstruous in a sense of sillage...edt is a tad lighter and fluffier, but also very charming and unusual...

I recommend an EDP, because it captures perfectly the idea behind this wonderful perfume- strong,feminine woman,but with an edge...provocative,maybe not decorative enough to be called a sex bomb,quite shy and introverted...until the vulcano in her works his way out...

that is how I experience L'Instant....

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by stayce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pretty! A nice, orange blossom-magnolia with a sweet vanillic-honey (but no uric acid) base. I'll probably get a full bottle once it makes its way down through the discounters.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by AlessBL

My favorite together with Mitsouko. Simply the best. It's not a fragrance, it's a whole atmosphere that surrounds you.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by brunettex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You know when you're so in love that you can only smile and be happy and just love the other person (in this case, Guerlain L'instant)? That is how I feel right now. I never thought I could do warm/vanilla scents. But it is on me. All over me. I love you so much, Guery.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by mdimitrova

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't figure it out... i smell it and i like it but i don't think Wow i love this, but its pleasant and welcoming. What draws me to it is the fact that everyone keeps asking what i am wearing and would go as far as follow me to the bathroom and watch it when i take it out of the bag. Random people stop me on the streets and ask me what it is and i can easily say that does not happen with any other. So that is the main reason i buy it as lets face it after a few minutes you adapt to the smell and can very rarely smell your own perfume so what others think is the key, it being your husband, friends, colleagues or just people around you... I like it but prefer the Gucci Guilty smell a lot more, however i never get complimented when wearing the Gucci as nice as it is.