August 30, 2014 | 1802 users online

Liquid - Paula's Choice - Best Face Forward Foundation SPF 25

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by yazmin77

This is a lovely natural foundation that's totally amazing for oily skin prone to breakouts! I have the shade best bisque which In my opinion suits my medium skin tone beautifully, I have yellow and beige undertones in my skin and this looks great and matches perfectly, for me I don't need powder because this sets off to a matte finish anyway, and lasts all say, it seems to control oil too! a amazing product! Thank you Paula!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

This gave me a lovely light and natural finish, perfect for when I want less coverage. It really doesn't cover much: I have two huge dark spots on my forehead which are only covered a little by this foundation.

The Best Bisque color is a great match for my NC10-15 skin. It can be layered a little, I used two layers of this under my eyes to cover my dark circles instead of wearing concealer. It did settle a little into my lines but not to the extent where it highlighted them and was easily blended away. I would buy this foundation again as long as it has pretty good lasting power (which I haven't checked yet).

I have been wearing this over Anessa's Perfect SPF50 sunscreen (which makes any foundation look phenomenal) so wearing it alone may give different results. Looks good so far, will update when I know how it lasts in humidity.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by tinsel5001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've sampled a few shades of this & so far I like it. Have received compliments on my skin when I wear it. Will update this review in detail more later... after I do more a comprehensive analysis.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by ClaireF24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a Best Linen in the new colors. I have normal, cystic acne-prone skin, that is neither dry nor oily. I bought this foundation primarily because I am a long time PC user and I thought I should give her makeup a try, too. I don't know if I would call this my HG foundation because I do cheat frequently, but it is the foundation that I always come back to every time I am disappointed by another foundation.

1.) I like that this is a semi-matte foundation, so it isn't SO matte it will dry you out, but it does absorb some amount of oil. I shake it well before I squirt a small amount on the back of my hand and then blend in small sections with my ELF flat topped Powder Brush.

2.) I like that it is a light-building-to-medium coverage so my skin still shows through a little, that way I look fresh and polished; not necessarily "doll-like". (That image kinda scares me). You will need a concealer with this foundation if you need more coverage around your eyes or over blemishes.

3.) I love the high level of sunscreen, and that it protects from UVA and UVB.

4.) The finish is really beautiful, and it lasts (on me at least) for at least 6 or 7 hours if I don't wear any skincare that is too oily underneath it, but I have pretty normal skin. I do set it with a shimmery powder (ELF glow) because I like to have that extra luminosity and touch up with Revlon Nearly Naked pressed powder.

I would order several and then just return what you couldn't use. PC has an excellent return policy and customer service department.

Overall, I don't have to worry about it settling into fine lines or pore, it wears beautifully, and just does it's job as a foundation. There is nothing really dramatic about it, which is why I keep coming back to it (and why I keep straying LOL!). It's just a really good foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

If you have oily skin and want the simplicity of sunscreen with a bit of color to even out skintone without added moisture that you usually get from TM's and BB creams, then this would be a really good option! Even better if you like to use physical sunscreens instead of chemical ones, since titanium oxide provides the sunscreen in this formula.

I use this in Best Bisque, my skin is oily & in the NC/NW 15-20 range. This is sheer enough to work with warm or cool toned girls within that range, any darker and you'd have a white cast. Formula is matte, looks nice and doesn't make pores any more noticeable. Didn't cause any breakouts or bad skin reactions either. Obviously if you have an oily t-zone, nothing is going to keep you matte all day long, so I'm not deducting a lippie for that. I did notice shine after about 2 hours.

A bit pricey, 1oz is $15. At first, you might think that it's a good deal but most people will be buying this for the sunscreen factor. That being said, to get the amount of SPF protection listed on the bottle, I believe the recommended dose is to apply 1/4 tsp. Therefore, with 6 teaspoons in 1 oz. you would only get 24 applications of SPF 25 out of this product. The price factor does play a role in my rating since I was looking for something to use as my everyday "work" foundation/sunscreen. So, I would be buying this one a month and still have to buy another foundation for nights out/important events where I want more coverage. Just something to think about if you are on a budget.

This is a solid option for sheer/light coverage and SPF protection for oily skin, keeping in mind that it won't last you a full month when used properly for SPF 25 protection and definitely not anything near medium coverage.

Would I buy this again? YES AND NO.
I would buy this again since I think it's ideal for traveling or weekend trips where I don't want my makeup bag to be cluttered and I want to save time. Honestly, I don't see myself purchasing it every month as my everyday SPF foundation.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I’d been contentedly using a mineral powder foundation for years, but decided to try a liquid foundation, as my skin changes a bit, from age.

I wanted a foundation that’s 1) made by a non-animal-testing company, 2) the right shade for NW15 me, and 3)reasonably priced, and easily available online.

I obtained samples from several different companies, read reviews, and finally decided on Best Face Forward, in Best Bisque.

Though it isn’t “perfect,” I’m pleased with it.
Pros:

Paula’s Choice is cruelty-free, and readily available online

Good shade match

Goes on smoothly, and blends easily with my e.l.f. foundation brush

Evens out my skin without looking mask-like or cakey; I still need concealer over blemishes/scars, but that’s okay. Used over Hourglass primer, it gives me a “my-skin-but-better” look, and I like that.

Doesn't cause me to break out

No noticeable scent

Reasonably priced, at about $15

SPF 25
Cons:

Gets oily by the end of the day, but I have *extremely* oily skin

Doesn’t cover *everything,* but I don’t really need that. It doesn't make my skin look "flawless," but my skin just *isn't* flawless.

The bottle opening is very narrow, which can make getting the product out tricky

The pros outweigh the cons, so after I use up this bottle I’ll probably re-purchase this, unless something really superior crosses my “radar.”
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by fancyfrancie

Attention! Paula recently reformulated this product, and the shades have REALLY improved! "Best Bisque" is now an option for very fair skin, in my opinion. I found the former version to be way too beige- it looked like a fake tan. But the new color is beautiful. I wear it with confidence, and I am very pale. It gives light, natural coverage, and its matte finish stays in check for hours. As a super pale person, it is hard to find makeup that matches your skin without looking ghastly or wan. This stuff is worth trying out! Plus- awesome sunscreen included.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation has nice light coverage. The reliable spf is great so there is no need to add another product to oily skin. The only drawback is, it seemed to fade a little bit as the day went on. I have only mildly oily skin. I think anyone with moderately oily skin would not like the performance of this foundation.

I like the opaque bottle is nice and the squeeze bottle works well.

Edit: I started using a mattifying primer and this wears MUCH better. I would put this foundation up against MAC Studio Sculpt without the breakout factor that MAC foundations always seem to give me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by CobraRose

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used to use the Barely There tint, but I ended up getting tiny pimples (I have very oily skin), and switched to this. It has to be blended quickly before it dries, but it works very well if you want sheer coverage. It does have a tendency to exaggerate any unevenness in skin texture, but after using the PC Skin Balancing products, my skin is much smoother, so it's not a problem.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by ellen1159

Got this in Beige Linen. Color wasn't bad on me but the coverage just isn't there, it's more like a TM than a foundation on me. Back to Chanel.