April 20, 2014 | 1650 users online

Skincare - Face - Clinique - Acne Solutions Line (all products)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Deserts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

These are great products for acne treatment. However, I can't stand the strong alcohol smell from the toner, not sure if it's the one that gave me a BAD reaction that my skin was dry, itchy and hot. That's the first time I ever allergic to something and I try to avoid Clinique products since then.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by ScarletteLawson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My skin : sensitive, prone to clogged pores do I get little flesh coloured bumps all over my face ! Mostly on the forehead tho , which had been a mess of small bumps and blackheads for years. I also have extremely oily and red skin (I know it sounds wonderful) I started using this in the summer and I dried my skin like nothing else ! Not in a good way though . My skin was dull, flaky, and produced WAY more oil :( it also didn't help my acne or clogged pores , probably made it worse . Would not recommend at all

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by tessahillie

I really did have high hopes for these products since I've been a huge Clinique fan for years! But after trying this system, never again. I struggled with stubborn acne entering high school and let me tell you, this stuff made things ten times worse. All three products have no gentle ingredients in it. The wash is salicylic acid, the toner is alcohol, and the treatment is benzoyl peroxide. Using all of them together is so harsh on your skin and caused mine lots of damage and more acne than ever before. Safe to say, I ditched the system and I would not recommend this to any acne-sufferer out there. Just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Retrohousewife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Simply, it works. I had a terrible hormonal breakout and using this system cleared it up in just one month. It is much more gentle than other acne products I have tried, even with the same ingredients. It doesn't leave your skin red or peeling. Don't waist time and money on other products. Go straight to this system.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Kathmar

At first I loved this. I used it for about 2 months before my skin was so blemished and dry I could not continue waiting for it to work. It did make my skin feel clean but also extremely dry and my skin was definitely not oily while using it but there are better things out there that won't give you wrinkles in the process. I can't w

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Desmetval

I don't use this as my regular skin care routine. I use this 3-step programme when my skin starts breaking out (breakouts due to unhealty food, too oily foundation,..)
I do love these products. They keep my skin fresh and clean and get rid of acne. After a few days I already can see the difference.
My brother has an acne prone-skin, so I gave him these products and obligated him to use them twice daily. Now, one month later, his skin looks SO much better.

So, in conclusion, thumbs up for Clinique!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by QueenBee1217

I tried this last year and it worked for a couple of weeks but after a while, it's like my skin has gotten "immune" to the ingredients and started breaking out again so I gave it away.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by becauseduck

This set absolutely ruined my skin. It cleared up a lot of my acne, and i was pleased for about the first week. I thought that i finally found the solution to my acne!! Then, i realized how drying it was. I started to break out more and more, and now i have spots all over my forehead and also on my cheeks (before using this line i had never broke out on my cheeks before) now my skin is dry, patchy, and worst of all, there are spots all over my face. I wouldn't recommend this product at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by carolinemas

Is does nothing good for your skin, i do not understand why so many people rate it so much. I am 21 years old and about a year ago I start to get acne, only around my cheeks and chin, but it is pretty bad acne. 6 months ago I was desperate I had tried so many different products and didn't know what to do, also my GP wasn't being helpful at all. I had spent hundreds in cosmetics and nothing seemed to be making any difference so I decided to try Clinique acne solutions as a friend recommended. In the begging I only bought the travel kit because I thought everything was so pricey and i wanted to try before investing £50 in the big kit. Anyways when I first started using it I really thought it was working because my skin was getting really really REALLY dry but the thing is my acne didn't stop coming, but i decided to continuing using it anyway because i know sometimes with cosmetics you need patience before starting seeing results right? so i used the whole travel kit by then my skin was started to get very irritated, red and dry but my spots weren't getting any better but stupidly i went and bought the £50 kit because i really believed that it would start working and those people that work there with their white uniform sound so professional you sort of ended trusting them, plus the amount of good reviews I found online i was sure this product would work. So i continued using it for the next 2 weeks and my skin was just getting worse. this Clinique product is HORRIBLE AND VERY STRONG, and to be fair it feels cheap, it feels like i was just putting bleach on my face or something. After that second week I decided to stop using it and gave my skin a break from any cosmetics for 2 weeks to help it heal. I was left with half of all the products and bad skin, not good!

ps: i don't have sensitive skin, never had a problem before with fairly strong products, so if you have sensitive skin do not go near this products!!!
the oil-free moisturiser is OK, but nothing special
the face wash is bad but not as bad as the cleanser, the cleanser is one of the worst product I have ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by neenarou

BEFORE READING THIS REVIEW: Everyone has different skin and will react differently to various acne medications. There is no universal acne medication.

I have oily combo skin, oily tzone and dry around my cheeks down to my jaw and around my eyes. I started to break out when I came up to university in august, I am convinced it was because of the water here (well water) and I now only wash my face with bottled water. I was not having cystic acne, or acne that took over my entire face but it was still pretty bad.

I bought this product at Macy's for 30-some dollars and was hoping it would improve my skin, a little...a lot...just something! Well...it did.

I have been using this line for 3 days and I have seen HUGE improvements! My acne hasn't totally cleared up yet but it is significantly better. It is drying out my current pimples and preventing new ones. YES people, it does dry out the skin. So morning and night, after applying the moisturizer that doesn't moisturize, I apply the Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Relief to the areas that get most dry, but not to the areas that have acne, because I want those pimples to dry out. MAKE SURE to apply liberally around your eye area and not to wash your eye are with the foaming cleanser or any of the other products because that area is most sensitive and you don't want it to become irritated. The moisture surge is expensive, so try to ask for a sample. I received mine as a part of my free gifts.

Foam cleanser:
Doesnt clean heavy makeup or eye makeup. So I usually use make up wipes then follow with this. I use CVS night makeup wipes.

Clarifying Lotion: This stuff is pretty great. Cleans all the spots the cleanser may have missed. I also feel like it extracts some of my pimples somehow because I normally see puss on it. Pretty cool.

"Moisturizer": Does not moisturize but does it's job due to the benzol peroxide

Apply all the products religiously, morning and night! So far, so good, I will update my review after a few weeks.