July 23, 2014 | 2198 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Cream eyeshadow in Moonshine

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by CuriousCreature

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm using moonshine layered over Bare Study paint pot from Mac on my eyelid. Here's the "money" move. Take a brush and use it on the inside tear duct area and then line like you normally would using a 24/7 eyeliner like demolition. This creates a fresh effect and is very pretty. For this reason I prefer the translucent quality of this color. Not wild about the packaging but I got this for only $3 on sale at the UD website. Enjoy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2009 2:27:00 PM More reviews by summon_the_rain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE UD's cream shadows, as you noticed from my previous review on another shade. Right now, I am swapping for as many of these as possible, because cream shadows are my new thing. This stuff is great alone, as an e/s base/primer or as a brow highlighter. Not to mention, the packaging is cute, and it's easy to get the product out. Even if you're almost out (like I am with my Midnight Cowboy Cream Shadow), you can still squeeze it out. The handy applicator makes scooping this product out easy to transfer onto my other e/s brushes. I will be collecting them ALL, just like I am with other UD products. I LOVE UD !! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by alysser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i got this product as gratis and probably wouldnt have bought it and used it otherwise. it is not as white as i would want for an eyeshadow base, but it does not crease, and i have oily eyelids. shadows stick to it amazingly well. i do not like glitter for the most part, so im not crazy over using this color. but if you want a good base and you like glitter, this is great for you b/c the glitter definitely stays on and shows through. i love it as a base, i just dont like the color b/c it doesnt come up as white as i expected.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 2:52:00 PM More reviews by tshinn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product yesterday at Sephora. The Cream Shadows are a new collection of eye shadows from Urban Decay that debuted around February. This collection contains 12 shades that range from pale pearl silver, deep purple, green, pink, to black. Most of the colors contain small bits of glitter but a few are just metallic. However, all shades are shimmery and are priced at $17.00 usd.
I bought Moonshine which is a pale white pearly silver with lots of silvery glitter. The base color of this shadow is basically a white pearl with a silver undertone. Imagine a super shiny dime fresh from the Mint: that is this shade. UD's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Dime is slightly more silver-toned than Moonshine but the two colors are close.
When I put this on this morning, I started with a coat of UD Primer Potion. Then I applied MAC's Paint Pot in Bare Study. I then applied Moonshine with a MAC brush in 242 on my lids. One coat creates a soft, shimmery effect that is somewhat subtle. The look was basically a wash of pale pearly shimmer with a nice touch of glitter. After letting the first coat dry a few seconds, I applied a second coat and the effect was brighter and more glittery. The pearly silver made my lids brighter and the glitter was more noticeable. To finish, I applied a small amount of UD Primer Potion on my lower lash line and then Dime pencil. After some black mascara, I was done.
Now, after 5 hours, my lids have not creased. This product is holding up well so far. The level of fallout is slight and I can simply wipe it off with some pressed powder. Moreover, during application, the level of fallout is again, not that bad, but it does happen somewhat. Now, the level is NOTHING like the powder glitter shadows, i.e. Maui Wowie.
Now, my big gripe with this product is the packaging. Can we say lame? What is UD's fascination with that damn doe-foot wand applicator?! Really, Wendy, really? Enough already! Like UD Primer Potion, the product is good but the packaging totally gets in the way. The design team at UD really should have selected a squeeze tube for both the Primer Potion and these cream shadows. The wand applicator applies too much product and over time, you may end up losing product that is stuck on the sides of the tube. Again, squeeze tubes are so much better for this. Think Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Alas, since the UD people seem hell-bent on stupid packaging (Pocket Rocket, the dagger lipsticks, shadows, etc), you can get around this by using brushes. Apply the shadow on a petri dish, palette, or the back of your hand and that way, you can better control/improve application.
In conclusion, Moonshine is a pretty color but it requires at least two coats to show up and there is nothing really unique about this shade. I have seen many versions of this color before. I will try other colors eventually, but I will not buy this particular shade again. I would give 4 lippies based on the smooth texture, the long-lasting formula, and because the glitter fallout is slight. Yet, I would take off one lippie because the wand applicator is a waste of plastic and the overall design is not conducive to this type of cream formula.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2007 8:41:00 PM More reviews by thejadedstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an absolute must have for any of you gals on the go! These cream e/s make application a breeze, and you look great too. They never crease, can be used as a base, liner, or alone.
Moonshine is a really great silver color with sparkles, perfect for a brow highlighter shade, or for a shimmery, otherworldly wash. I will never know why UD DC'ed these products, they are a lifesaver when you are on the go!
EDIT: I ended up swapping this particular shade away, because the sparkles got to be a little much for what I wanted to use it for. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2006 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Aviolet

Well, this shadow IS pretty, but there's WAY TOO MUCH glitter and I feel like an idiot walking around during the day with spakles all over my face! The shadow is also difficult to blend. It's too dry.

Another aspect that bothers me is that instead of a tube where you can squeeze out color, you have to pull out a wand and apply this way. Not as hygenic.

This is the only UD product I've tried and based on this cream shadow, I'd hesitate to purchase any cream shadow from this co. again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2005 12:29:00 AM More reviews by midnightlouise

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful as a highlighter but I find the glitter in this one a bit much for a wash or anything else. However that's just a personal preference. :) Not as easy for me to blend because the glitter made it seem a but gritty, but all in all this is a great product. No creasing, lasts forever. Would not repurchase because I have other UD cream shadow colors I like better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2003 6:07:00 PM More reviews by babyvoice75

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Moonshine is a very sheer silver with silver sparkles. You can layer it for a more intense color, or use it was a sheer wash or a highlighter. It stays on all day without creasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2003 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Funnybunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Moonshine is a silvery white with silver glitter. I had to layer the Moonshine eyeshadow because this one came on sheer. These cream eyeshadows have yet to crease on my eye. The best part is that I don't have to worry about my eyeshadow smudging because of the staying power.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2003 3:25:00 PM More reviews by fletch50

Moonshine is a really great silver with silver microglitter. Of all the UD cream e/s I have tried, this one has the most prominent glitter. It is on the sheer side, and did require two coats to make it really stand out. If you have the patience to let these dry, they are one of the best non-creasing shadows out there. Once again, I did take off one lipstick because of the high price to product ratio.