September 1, 2014 | 1042 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Speed Control Smoothing Treatment & Styler [DISCONTINUED]

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by lattevaniglia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, I rarely use smoothing serum on my hair because it often leaves it slick and greasy. Redken definitely controlled frizz and made my hair shiny and smooth when I applied a small amount of it. I had to be careful not to use too much (it's slightly greasy and weighs my hair down if I do). This definitely tamed my hair when I was having a bad hair day! Good stuff but I only use it during emergencies. I would recommend it to people with dry, frizzy or kinky hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2005 11:36:00 AM More reviews by jamila10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have fine (alot of it though) stubborn frizzy-wavy hair. This is the only product that leaves my hair frizz free, and soft and silky when using a blow dryer to get it straight. Will leave a sleek, contolled look. I use about a nickel sized squirt, rub between palms of my hands and distribute evenly through my wet hair, starting at the ends and working my way up. I then proceed to blow straight. I have an ion hairdryer with a comb attachment that works wonders. This product not only helps tremendously with styling and straightening but it also protects the hair from heat. Love it! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2005 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Chrissys16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

"Smoothing treatment for all hair types" - yeah, except for FINE hair! Ladies, if your hair is fine, stay far, far, far away from this product. I have been giving this product a chance for two weeks now, each time using different amounts and each time the effect can be summed up in the following two words: Elmer's Glue. What a nasty, coated mess. "Banished!" I say! Banished to my roommates stash of "Chrissy's Beauty Rejects"

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2004 3:04:00 AM More reviews by joey_s

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A heavier styling cream that adds some weight to my thick (but not coarse), wavy, puffy hair. Smoothes it down and straightens the waves - EXACTLY what I like a styling product to do. As Martha would say, "It's a good thing!". P.S. After using this a couple of weeks I recommend using a clarifying shampoo cause it does build up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2004 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Mznuttabutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product and will continue using it unless I find something better. I should say at the start that I have African American 100% natural hair that I love to wear out and wild like Kelis. I needed a leavein that will smooth out my hair and accentuate any curls or ringlets. This is exactly what speed control smoothing treatment does. It tames my hair and refines the texture. Sometimes I like to mix it with a little Redken Heavy cream for added shine-its all good.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2004 9:56:00 PM More reviews by strangegurl16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is wonderful!