April 16, 2014 | 856 users online

Treatments - Peter Thomas Roth - AHA/BHA Acne Clearing Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Shambam121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an awesome product to dry up any blemishes. I only use this as a spot treatment because it is EXTREMELY DRYING. If you do put it everywhere it might make you get really dry and flaky. I put this bad boy right on the blemish about 2-3 times a day and my blemish are almost gone with in two days! Love love love!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by melanie1215

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for quite a few months now... I have been reading a lot of the reviews I see people either love it or hate it. One of the things that I wanted to clarify is about the actual use of "acids". A lot of people are saying that this gel didn't clear their acne. From what I understand, despite the name the acids don't actually clear acne. They way the work is to clear and unclog the pore, which results in new acne from forming. So basically whats happens is the acids, clear, unclog and keep the pore clean. So you may purge a bit.. but you should also be using a benzoyl product or maybe some sort of spot treatment to actually clear and treat your active pimples. I think this product is great at doing just that. I have large pores and very oily skin. I have used different brands of glycolic acids before so I knew what to expect when trying this product. I use it in conjunctions with PTR BH Acne wash along with a sulfur mask and my skin stays pretty clear for the most part. It keeps my pores clear and small. After some time your skin can get used to it. For that reason I am going to go back to my original brand because they make the same kind of gel but at 15 and 20%.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by KaraJolene

I've been using this product for about a month now. My skin is not too bad, i have the occasional break outs especially on my t zone so i was trying to find a product that could work on these specific areas. The sales girl recommended this product to me and given the price wasn't too expensive and it came with quite a lot of product, i decided to give it a go. So, here's what i think about this gel. I'm not sure if i like it or not. I feel that it hasn't helped much on breakouts and possibly have made my skin more prone to breaking out especially when i use it all over my face. I'll get these little oil bumps on places that i don't normally breakout. My skin also becomes really oily after a few hours. So, i'm not sure if the breakout is due to over oil production or if it's trying to unclog my pores causing my skin to purge? Not sure what it is but after a month of usage and i feel it's a good enough time frame to know if a product is really working or not, i'll most likely not buy this again cause it hasn't exactly lived up to my expectations. I gave it a two stars cause i feel it calms the redness down of the skin and it's quite a lot of product for the price. Also it's fragrance free!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So, I never had acne as a teenager. No, really. I was that kid everyone hated because I had perfect skin.

Then I entered my 20s, and my skin started to freak out and I kind of freaked out with it. I've tried so many products out there, and many of them have been super disappointing.

This product, combined with PTR's Acne Spot and Area Treatment, is a MIRACLE. I've been using it for about a month now. I use it at night between toning and moisturizing and my skin looks so beautiful - clear and glowing, and any breakouts that do crop up clear out much faster than before.

I did experience some mild purging. However, this product makes extractions so much easier and they heal a lot faster. I'll definitely be buying this stuff again and again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 8:55:00 AM More reviews by madhs

I bought this a year ago and used it couple of times, but felt like it did nothing. Then about a month ago, my acne was getting so bad that I wanted to try anything and everything. So I tried this again, and I can tell you, it is no miracle. I still had the acne for 2 weeks, but they calmed down. Now I think I have one active pimple, and I consider that quite a blessing. If you have oily acne prone skin, give it a go. Once again, not a miracle product for me, but there is benefit when used regularly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by OKsusha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an excellent treatment for my acne. After one month of daily use pimples have completely disappeared. It has been exactly two months since I've started using this gel and I have yet to have an active pimple. Before using this gel, I suffered with about 3-5 pimples on my face at any given time for the past 3 years.

Please note that skin care is an individual experience and what works excellently for me may not work for you. However, this product is cheap enough where you can simply just give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by sophiapirie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is combination of two acids. People who say it made them more oily you could avoid that by only using it at night, and using a night cream combined with some joboba oil. During the day i would recommend using a simple gel cleanser with some active ingredients and just a light moisturizer with a little spf or if you have some spf in your make up. All in all i love this treatment it keeps my skin clear and its fading my exsisting acne scars, it is a little drying but every acne product is you just have to be careful about how much you use them and what other products your using it with. this product was very harsh on my skin so I w up ed my way up to using it every other night.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by paf0009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I used this product all up and was glad when it was gone. I bought it at Sephora and in retrospect I should have returned it but I was dealing with a bad breakout situation and it seemed like the best option (given its active ingredient is salicylic acid). I was consistent with it, using it about every night till it was gone and didn't notice any differences to my skin, well actually I didn't notice any "positive" differences to my skin. While it did not cause new breakouts, it did not tame current breakouts and made skin shiny and more oily than usual. It gave my skin a bad type of texture appearance also so I do not recommend this product. Really a waste of $$$. Drugstore stuff may just be better than this snake oil. Note: The gel itself is sticky upon application

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by youdoyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, never have I had a product make my skin pump out as much oil as this one. I would apply it, and within about 20 minutes I was full of oil. Never again. Didn't really notice any positive effects as far as clearing my mild acne either. Although I didn't give it enough time, (only used it for about two weeks, as that's all I could stand.) Just beware if you have oily skin, as this could potentially make it ten times worse as it did with me. :/ Sticky also.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have only used this product for one week and can already tell that there is a distinct improvement in my skin. I have gotten no new acne and the many breakouts I had (and I unfortunately had/have many red angry pimples) have been clearing up and shrinking. Even my scars seem like they are getting less noticeable.
I am very surprised by this because I have tried countless products (mario badescu, dermalogica, clean and clear, neutrogena, proactiv, etc etc) where some of them worked but not this well. I can only hope that this continues.
I do however have very oily acne prone skin, not just a few blackheads and a shiny Tzone. This may be too harsh for those with combination skin and only a few blackheads to use every night.