September 1, 2014 | 1256 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - AHA/BHA Acne Clearing Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first I didn't think I would like this but I was proven wrong! This has become my HG acne treatment and I can't be without it. My skin has been breaking out a bit and this has kept it from getting super bad. I use this at night and I don't need more than a pump and a half to cover my whole face. On weekends I use this morning and night and it hasn't dried me out either.
The price is kind of high on this product but it has lasted me for so long. I think I've had this bottle for about 5-6 months now and I just got my 2nd bottle of it. I wish the bottle was more see through so I could see how much product I have left but whatever.
A couple days ago I tried out another product that had the same idea as this PTR product and I broke out like crazy! I haven't had acne that bad of acne since before I started using the PTR product so I went right back. Ever since I went back to PTR, my skin has cleared up so much. Not only does this product work on active acne but I have seen some of my acne scars lighten up as well since using this. It does burn a tad when you apply it especially after exfoliating but it passes quickly. I will keep buying this product and I would recommend it to my friends with acne as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by marissa04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know what is in this stuff but it is magic!! I have tried several acne treatments ranging from over the counter to prescription medications and all they ever did was dry out my skin. I randomly tried this at Sephora a couple of months ago and this has seriously been my saving grace! I can apply it twice a day without any irritation, but I typically don't need to anyway because it works so fast. I've gotten my coworkers to fall in love with this as well and I know it's a product I will use for many years to come!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by pictureperfect2690

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I ran into Sephora because I was tired of buying drugstore acne products that didn't work. The SA told me this and the Dermadoctor ain't misbehavin' would be top picks for me and how everyone swears by these products. Hopeful and patient i tried this for twice a day for 6 weeks and so absolutely no improvement. None. This is too expensive not to work (around $60). I was still getting breakouts without relief. Thankfully Sephora let me take this back to try the equally pricey and disappointing Dermadoctor serum. I'll give Sephora another chance to impress me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Shambam121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an awesome product to dry up any blemishes. I only use this as a spot treatment because it is EXTREMELY DRYING. If you do put it everywhere it might make you get really dry and flaky. I put this bad boy right on the blemish about 2-3 times a day and my blemish are almost gone with in two days! Love love love!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by melanie1215

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for quite a few months now... I have been reading a lot of the reviews I see people either love it or hate it. One of the things that I wanted to clarify is about the actual use of "acids". A lot of people are saying that this gel didn't clear their acne. From what I understand, despite the name the acids don't actually clear acne. They way the work is to clear and unclog the pore, which results in new acne from forming. So basically whats happens is the acids, clear, unclog and keep the pore clean. So you may purge a bit.. but you should also be using a benzoyl product or maybe some sort of spot treatment to actually clear and treat your active pimples. I think this product is great at doing just that. I have large pores and very oily skin. I have used different brands of glycolic acids before so I knew what to expect when trying this product. I use it in conjunctions with PTR BH Acne wash along with a sulfur mask and my skin stays pretty clear for the most part. It keeps my pores clear and small. After some time your skin can get used to it. For that reason I am going to go back to my original brand because they make the same kind of gel but at 15 and 20%.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by KaraJolene

I've been using this product for about a month now. My skin is not too bad, i have the occasional break outs especially on my t zone so i was trying to find a product that could work on these specific areas. The sales girl recommended this product to me and given the price wasn't too expensive and it came with quite a lot of product, i decided to give it a go. So, here's what i think about this gel. I'm not sure if i like it or not. I feel that it hasn't helped much on breakouts and possibly have made my skin more prone to breaking out especially when i use it all over my face. I'll get these little oil bumps on places that i don't normally breakout. My skin also becomes really oily after a few hours. So, i'm not sure if the breakout is due to over oil production or if it's trying to unclog my pores causing my skin to purge? Not sure what it is but after a month of usage and i feel it's a good enough time frame to know if a product is really working or not, i'll most likely not buy this again cause it hasn't exactly lived up to my expectations. I gave it a two stars cause i feel it calms the redness down of the skin and it's quite a lot of product for the price. Also it's fragrance free!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So, I never had acne as a teenager. No, really. I was that kid everyone hated because I had perfect skin.

Then I entered my 20s, and my skin started to freak out and I kind of freaked out with it. I've tried so many products out there, and many of them have been super disappointing.

This product, combined with PTR's Acne Spot and Area Treatment, is a MIRACLE. I've been using it for about a month now. I use it at night between toning and moisturizing and my skin looks so beautiful - clear and glowing, and any breakouts that do crop up clear out much faster than before.

I did experience some mild purging. However, this product makes extractions so much easier and they heal a lot faster. I'll definitely be buying this stuff again and again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 8:55:00 AM More reviews by madhs

I bought this a year ago and used it couple of times, but felt like it did nothing. Then about a month ago, my acne was getting so bad that I wanted to try anything and everything. So I tried this again, and I can tell you, it is no miracle. I still had the acne for 2 weeks, but they calmed down. Now I think I have one active pimple, and I consider that quite a blessing. If you have oily acne prone skin, give it a go. Once again, not a miracle product for me, but there is benefit when used regularly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by OKsusha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an excellent treatment for my acne. After one month of daily use pimples have completely disappeared. It has been exactly two months since I've started using this gel and I have yet to have an active pimple. Before using this gel, I suffered with about 3-5 pimples on my face at any given time for the past 3 years.

Please note that skin care is an individual experience and what works excellently for me may not work for you. However, this product is cheap enough where you can simply just give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by sophiapirie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is combination of two acids. People who say it made them more oily you could avoid that by only using it at night, and using a night cream combined with some joboba oil. During the day i would recommend using a simple gel cleanser with some active ingredients and just a light moisturizer with a little spf or if you have some spf in your make up. All in all i love this treatment it keeps my skin clear and its fading my exsisting acne scars, it is a little drying but every acne product is you just have to be careful about how much you use them and what other products your using it with. this product was very harsh on my skin so I w up ed my way up to using it every other night.