Shiseido Advanced Essential Energy hand cream

4.7

on 9/17/2014 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Hands down my favorite hand cream. If it tells you anything at all, I started using this so long ago I can't even remember when (back in the day when it was in a brown tube), but it's been well over a decade now I can tell you that much. I have never used another type or brand, nor will I ever. My hands are the only part of my body which are soft, youthful, and problem free LOL- I am convinced this cream is the reason why.

I have no idea how this stufrf works its magic because the ingredient list does not read as anything special to me. There must be something in the formulation and amounts is all I can figure. This is definitely worth the cost IMO ($25) - to be honest I would pay more for this if need be. Yup, I think its that great!

on 1/14/2014 8:55:00 PM

My HG hand cream. It is fragrance-free, doesn't feel oily after apply on my dry hands, instantly moisturize it for quite a while. Throughout the day I have to re-apply a couple times after washing hands.
It got those tiny little yellow scrubs but it melts instantly on my hands.

recommended !

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just bought this, and I can mention that there are some people not willing to shell out anything over 20 bucks for a hand cream (I don't blame them, bad economy). But I believe the Shiseido Advanced Essential Energy Hand Cream is well worth the money. First off, if you compare the Net Weight to higher end hand creams (Darphin, Sisley, La Mer, Erno Laszlo, Clarins) this is definitely priced fairly well. As far as the performance of this hand cream, I'd say it fairs well for a Shiseido product. The smell is not too overbearing, the ingredients has green tea, rice bran oil and cherry blossom. You can smell the green tea and the cherry blossom is fairly faint scented. It does not leave your hands greasy like L'occitane. Thankfully, you can get away with this hand cream with the silicone feel (because water, glycerin, and mineral oil is the main ingredient). I'm not sure yet how it would last through repeated hand washing, so I will have to update that at a later time. Overall, I like this cream if you're looking for a nice treat. Bear in mind, there is no SPF in this hand cream so you may have to mix it with Shiseido's sun protecting line. If you're looking for more anti-aging, then try Shiseido Benefiance Hand Cream with SPF 8. I chose not to purchase because I feel spf 8 will not give me the protection needed for daily use. The Benefiance life is targeted for anti-aging and dark spots. For this product, I would use it in the day or night. But for dry winters, I will keep going back to L'occitane for overnight treatments.

on 10/19/2012 3:46:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Good anti aging hand cream ever so far ( smooth and reduced lines ) . I only apply every night before bed and it works wonder throughtout the whole day. althought a little pricy but still worth the result.

on 5/23/2006 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Very rich and creamy. I like how this cream keeps the hands soft even after washing, but I don't care too much for the scent; it's nice but strong. I think this is better suited for the winter or for older, drier skins. I still prefer my good ol' Aveeno Baby.

on 4/16/2004 11:38:00 AM

I used a sample sized tube of this cream this past winter and found it be very good. My hands were really dry and ashy and flaky, but this moisturizer did a much better job than my L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream did in terms of moisturizing and lasting power. This cream applied very smoothly and spread easily. It took a little time to absorb and looked a little shiny and felt a little greasy, but once it absorbed, my hands felt so comfortably soft and moisturized. It also lasts well through repeated handwashings. I highly recommend!

on 4/1/2004 7:15:00 AM

Bought this last winter when my hands were very dry and it was a nice surprise. A very good, rich, nourishing hand cream. It is ideal for winter and harsh weather. I like it very much but I think I would like something less emollient and more moisturizing for summer (something like Mavala Hand Revitalizing Milk or Lancaster Hand Treatment). Next winter - back to Shiseido.

on 11/6/2003 1:46:00 PM

I bought this for 9.99 at Marshall's and it's such a superb product that I'd be happy to pay the full 18 US for it when I run out.

It's thick but absorbs quickly and my hands and nails look and feel beautifully moisturised without being greasy.

Highly recommended.

on 10/10/2003 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this hand cream. It doesn't come cheap ($26 CAD), but worth the money! Leaves my skin so soft and I like the light scent. Makes me smell rich, hahaha.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

G0t this fr0m mum :) It was so soft when I applied it on my hands, and perfect after i wash the dishes (although I use gloves haha) and at night time! Nice!

Top Rated Shiseido Products