April 20, 2014 | 1337 users online

Lip Gloss - Kanebo - Prism Pearl Gloss

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2005 3:17:00 PM More reviews by iolite88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had much fun w/ 2 shades out of the collection: Shiny Pink & Shiny Blue. As the name implies, the collection has a irridescent sheen of the shade color in a virtually clear gloss.

They're super glossy and so more sticky than average. I actually like the squeeze tube w/ round head as it help to create that glass-like gloss. I bought 4 super essence lip in 3 yrs, so far experienced no leaking problem.

The only cons I noted was that the pink's irridescent shimmers would settle from the clear gloss as it's like 2-3 yrs old now. I need to squeeze around the tube before using it. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2004 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Mia88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

beautiful sheer colour with pink pearly shimmer! This can be used alone, or as a layer over ANY lipstick/other lipgloss colour! I love Kanebo's lip glosses...they have such a high shine factor that I love! and so dirt cheap!!! If you're looking for fragance, there isn't any for this one. Would repurchase in a heart beat!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2003 1:36:00 AM More reviews by nygymnst

Well I swapped for this product and must say I'm very pleased! The consistency is nice, not very sticky, not runny at all, just right. In the tube it looks like a pearly white gloss that reflects bluish shimmer. Looks very iridescent. On bare lips (I have heavy pigment, I'm a GGG) it looks too iridescent, looks almost like I have on a prismatic white gloss reflecting violet shimmer. Not really a look I love, so I don't use it like that. However, over lipstick it adds a very nice pearly prism-y look. I use it over my Trucco tangerine l/g and it tones down the bright hues of the gloss a bit, adds a lot of shine, and makes the gloss seem like it has subtle yet tiny microglitter in it. I'm looking at it in the mirror right now (yes it's on, lol) and up close it makes my lips seem almost like how the Maybelline Wetshine lip products (I think its maybelline) are advertised to look (not quite so dramatic though). Have to be careful to apply though because if you glob on too much it'll give too much of that iridescent blueish/violet hue, so make sure to apply lightly and spread out. It's not gritty at all, which is why I like this one better than my other Kanebo gloss. Worth it for the price.