August 22, 2014 | 1979 users online

Shampoo - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2006 9:54:00 AM More reviews by annmarie91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

the shampoo is ok. smells like herbs...not really good. cleanse very good but makes dry hair more dry. foam nice but not great. you you must use a bit more.
i think you neednt this shampoo very much. when you got it as a present you can use it but actually there are better ons. i think this is also a bit aggressive for all hair types. also for oily hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2005 11:22:00 AM More reviews by clarencel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This shampoo made my scalp tingle, and at first I thought it was getting the dead and dry skin off or something. Perhaps it did, but my dandruff problem remained, and sometimes flared up as well.

The smell didn't agree with me either, but it was not unpleasant.

By far the worse thing about the product was the packaging. The plastic cap, which opens up on a flexible plastic hinge like many bottles do, snapped within a matter of days and I was reduced to having to pick the broken cap off the floor on several occasions just to put it back on.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2003 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Karinea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

That shampoo sucks! The smell is interesting a first, but quickly gets too strong, and this stuff is so harsh on the eyes, it's crazy! Other companies that don't test products on animals manage to make much softer products. And if you try this shampoo without a conditioner, good luck, because you'll pull out half your hair trying to detangle it, and it will get dry as straw. This product is appealing, but it just doesn't do what it should.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2003 7:48:00 PM More reviews by MelissaLG

I have a yucky scalp condition-not dandruff, which is caused by dry scalp-because I have a very oily scalp and the dead skin cells build up and get stuck in oil-I know, hideously gross. Anyway, regular dandruff shampoos DO NOT work on this condition. I decided to try this shampoo since I have a neighbor that sells TBS at home. She told me to try it and if I wasn't totally thrilled, she would give me a refund. Well, how can you lose? This shampoo cuts down on the oil very well, which is half of the problem. The Tea Tree Oil is also very beneficial in causing my scalp to behave more normally-shed dead cells but not cause flakes. I could not be happier with any shampoo. It is definately a great product and although it gets rid of excess oil, it does not dry my hair or scalp out. I had to get used to the smell, though, it does smell strongly of Tea Tree Oil (duh!), but not terrible like coal tar shampoos for "problem" scalps.