April 18, 2014 | 1837 users online

Liquid - Maven - Visage Mirage

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2005 4:32:00 PM More reviews by cccb

Gobi is a perfect color match for my combo/oily large-pored skin. The lightweight feel wears comfortably throughout the day. Due to blotches of hypopigmentation, the coverage is a bit too sheer for me, but applying mineral powder over the foundation adds a sufficient amount of additional coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2005 5:22:00 PM More reviews by phantomrose16

This is AMAZING. I currently just use a sample I received from Maven. Kara-kum matches my skin exactly (pale, pink undertones). After I put this on, I completely forget about it because it doesn't feel like I have anything on! I use the n-o formula. I only use it on red spots around my nose and chin, because otherwise my skin is pretty okay. Keeps oil away and looks completely natural. Will buy once the sample runs out. (wish it were a little cheaper)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2005 8:58:00 AM More reviews by goldenbeauty007

I received this as a sample in the Normal to Oily in Tanami and couildn't wait to try it out. I tried it out for the first time and the color and feel was just awesome. I didn't need powder at all on my t-zone. Then as I started to use it everyday instead of just my regular Becca powder, I noticed I started to get little pimples or just bumps. Ladies, I NEVER break out and have very smooth skin. There was no change in my skincare or diet routine and so I knew this foundation is the culprit. I love the color match, it was light coverage that could be built up to a medium coverage. Just not loving the formulation. The breakouts was so bad, that after I stopped using it, the pimples and bumps stayed for awhile. That's when I bought Neutrogena Home Microdermabrasion kit, which, after using it for only five days, cleared up the pimples and bumps and gave me skin that didn't need foundation again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2005 6:56:00 PM More reviews by mommytomy3sons

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Average. No different than Estee Lauder's Double Matte or Double Wear. Medium coverage formula meant for normal to oily skin. Unfortunately I have oily skin so this foundation melted away within three or four hours. I wouldn't purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2005 7:06:00 AM More reviews by versacevamp

I ordered this foundation off of sephora, and since I had no idea what color would match my skin I guessed-and something that nEVER happens-I got my perfect match (my skin is very tanned right now)
in Arica. I blends beautifuly, and I can wear it without powder!
I have tried everything from Dior foundations to the mineral powder
foundations, and this seems (like goldi-locks would say) 'just right'...holy grail....

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2005 5:26:00 PM More reviews by kookykitty

I had very high hopes for this foundation based on the rave reviews here. I have very oily acne prone skin so this may be why this foundation did not work out for me. I tried the Normal to Oily formula(comes in either normal to dry or normal to oily). I found the mix of Chalbi and Tanami to be a good match. For reference, I wear a Stila D/E mix, Armani #6, and PC Sheer tan and Natural Buff mix. My skin can be described as medium with very strong yellow udnertones. I liked that Maven has a range of colors that would suit a large variety of skintones including very yellow tones for gals like me. The product gave me medium coverage. In fact, I did not find it to be sheer at all. I thought I found a HG foundation line, but I was wrong. I broke out from this. I ended up with clogged pores and badly congested skin. I later checked the ingredients list to the zerozits/Sage safe list and I found a lot of pore clogging ingredients in the Maven Visage Mirage. :( I think people with very acne prone skin prone to clogged pores should stay away from this, but ymmv. Maven does offer free samples so you can try it out first. I would recommend doing a test on a small area first. This product retails for $29.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2004 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Saturnrr925

Okay, so far I've just tried two of their samples: Tamami and Sonoran in normal to oily. (Samples are Free and last almost a week, they come in a nice glass vile) The sonoran is PERFECT! It feels cool, clean and natural on the skin and OMG I have never seen my jaw line match my neck with make up on before this moment. It looks so natural and even.
I'm very impressed.
I will be trying this foundation for the next couple of days to make sure it doesn't make me break out.
If you have yellow/golden undertones and are frustrated with mainstream makeup making you look pink and orange TRY THIS!
I'll update on whether it's acnegenic and easily washed or not.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2004 7:55:00 PM More reviews by mermaid1962

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is total perfection!
I bought after reading reviews on another board. It applies smoothly and nicely. Makes my skin look flawless and lasts and lasts. I will definitey be re-purchasing this. Might be venturing into foundation grail territory here! Woo-hoo!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2003 7:22:00 PM More reviews by goweezergirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Thanks to everyone that reviewed this product. I am fair and I buy my foundations with a yellow undertone and I bought the visage mirage for dry skin in the color "Mohave". Everything people have said about this product is true. Doesn't accentuate dry areas, good staying power, no breakouts, and it provides a very nice medium coverage. It isn't extremely cheap, it's $28.50 for one ounce, but it is a wonderful product so it is worth it. This is the foundation that I have been searching for so I am sticking with it. It also came with a hand written thank you note and a coupon code for 15% off my next order. I ordered Sunday and got it Wednesday, great customer service IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2003 8:39:00 PM More reviews by pathaniji

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this foundation. I used the normal to oily formula and it gives me a perfect finish and it has sunscreen. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a medium coverage foundation.