Mario Badescu Enzyme Revitalizing Mask

4.4

Deionized Water (Aqua),Papaya (Carica Papaya) Extract,Lubrajel CG,Isopropyl Palmitate,Vitamin A&D Oil, Tocopherol,Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Titanium Dioxide,Oatmeal (Avena Sativa),Alcohol SD-40,Grapefruit (Citrus Grandis) Extract, Seamollient, Vitamin E Oil

on 12/5/2014 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

A mild exfoliating mask that keeps flakes and clogged pores at bay without irritating my skin.

I've repurchased this several times and will probably repurchase until they stop making it. It's mild enough that I can use it twice a week without making my thin, dry skin unhappy. The main effect is that my skin looks just a little less dull and makeup goes on a little more smoothly -- and that's enough for me.

I like to apply a medium-thick layer before a bath and to give it maybe 15-20 minutes before rinsing it off. Unlike MB's clay-based masks, this one will easily splash off, though a wet washcloth speeds the process.

The scent is faintly floral-papaya, which I like. The oils tend to separate in the jar, but simply stir the cream with your finger to reincorporate them into the mixture.

on 4/30/2014 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This did make my skin look fresh, radiant, glowing and feel soft. But I'm very acne prone and this did make me break out badly, be cautious if your acne prone like me.

on 3/20/2014 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is an OK mask for me :/ i dont think it works on sensitive skin. Not sure if its a good or a bad thing.. But I found out my skin is sensitive thanks to this mask :D

Last week the haze got really bad and I noticed my face gradually started looking really dull. On top of that my sinus was acting up so i looked sick with deep dark circles the entire week :(

I needed a good mask to brighten up my face pronto and bought this online. Sadly it didn't work on my skin.

The first time i used this my cheekbones stung so bad even my eyes got tearful. The pain did subside after a few minutes. I washed it off 15 minutes later and apart from extreme softness and red cheekbones, it didn't do anything else to my skin. I still looked very dull. I thought it could be the weather and my sinus so i tried it again today.

Again, my skin feels soft and smooth. But other than that it doesn't seem to improve my complexion at all. It stung my cheekbones like it did the first time too but not as painful.. Maybe my cheeks are too dry and sensitive right now due to sinusitis (not as dry as the first time, though).

**2015 update: I finished the mask eventually, I used it on my legs after shaving. I wasn't brave enough to test it again and again on my face.

I now use Laneige Water Sleeping Pack (mask) 3 times a week, and Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque twice a week.

I sometimes use the sleeping pack every night as a moisturiser. A small amount goes a long way and it's not expensive, trust me it's worth it. My skin feels so soft and hydrated. I've been using it for a few months and now I look like I'm on collagen or hyaluronic acid supplements.

For someone with a grade 4 allergy to dust and pollen and always with a bad sinus, I look healthy now. I think this one tub can last me one year.

on 1/26/2014 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

A great enzyme exfoliator!! A good dupe for Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I dunno. I dun think it does anything special to my skin. wont be repurchasing it.

on 9/3/2013 10:32:00 AM

This is an excellent mask and the only one I would repurchase. I have combination skin with mild blackheads on nose and chin, dermatitis and redness around nose, enlarged pores on cheeks and forehead, small patches of congestion around jaw and normal to dry cheeks. I use this after cleansing, applying to dry skin with a brush. It has a lovely texture which feels cool as it is applied. It calms my skin right down; in spite of the aggravation caused by my use of benzoyl peroxide and AHA, it gets rid of any itchiness. It's also hydrating and leaves my face very soft but not greasy and washes off well. My complexion is clearer and more even-toned after use. I wish the effects were more long term but that's masks for you and I'm happy to use this twice a week. I just wish it was packaged in a tube. Love love love this and highly recommend it.

This is a really great mask!! I have combination skin and this product does not make me break out or make me overly dry. It actually moisturizes and softens really well. Whenever I am having a crappy skin day or my face feels overworked I will pop this on for 20 minutes - when I rinse it off, my skin is soft and very supple. Redness is also reduced.

These Mario Badescu masks are really worth the price in my opinion. The ingredients are great, and the products themselves work very well!

on 5/29/2013 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This mask is fabulous. My face feels soft, clear and it glows after using. I leave it on my face for around 15-20 mins after fully exfoliating. It has a tingling feeling while the mask is on the face. I can't help but touching my face after I use this! Will definitely purchase again!

on 11/8/2012 9:49:00 AM

I've used it twice already and my skin feels so soft, even after the next day. Only con is that it's too liquidy! But hey, still a HG product, best mask i've used in years.

on 9/2/2012 10:56:00 AM

I loveee this mask, i have some dry skin flakes on my cheeks, this mask makes my skin feels sooo soft after only one use and it reduces redness from pimples. Also it reduces the size of my cystic acne. just use it on the cystic acne area and leave it overnight. I've done that 3 days in a row now and it works! i've been trying all kind of masks b4 and only this that i'm most satisfied with! Not only it makes skin brighter, smoother, clears up acne as well. all in one in 1 Jar. love love love it!