November 22, 2014 | 1945 users online

Liquid - Milani - smooth finish liquid makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by piggywiggy777

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i got this at the flea market for $1!!! i thought i'd try it out...it's great for a dewy natural finish....it also looks great with a setting powder as well. I say i won't repurchase, because i don't know the origional price, unless i see it at the flea market again! i want to try some other foundations first:)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2007 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Darkshadow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am completely in love with this foundation. it goes from soupy to a perfect finish that comPLETELY covers any flaws i may have. if i put a little extra on, it can even cover the scar on my cheek. definitely worth it. i got it on sale for 99 cents and thought that it wouldn't be any good but it turned out to be the best thing iv ever used. unfortunately, they dont carry it any more at eckerds, and i can't seem to find it anywhere. i like it because it doesnt look oily, but it doesnt dry and flake either. it doesnt make me break out, and looks so natural no one can even tell im wearing make up. i am completely in love with it

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2006 9:25:00 PM More reviews by CAKENBITES

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have it in biege and it has great golden under tones but the coverage isn't that great. i got it on sell for 1.99 i will buy more and will wear it when my skin isn't broke out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2006 5:41:00 PM More reviews by dragonballz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was very excited to try this b/c it was on sale but was a little disappointed with its results. When used on top of my moisturizer/sunscreen, it caked in areas where my sunglasses touched my face (bridge of nose etc) and into the lines under my eyes.I really like the yellow based color but this but the finish is too dewy for me and powder doesnt seem to stop me from looking oily. This will be adequate until I find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2005 8:28:00 AM More reviews by angelanicole

This is the best foundation I've ever used. First off - it's been completely impossible for me to find a color match for my skin in a foundation. I have paid between $5 - $50 for a foundation and could not find a match. Finally I got desperate and when Milani went on sale I bought this in Beige because it looked close and it matches PERFECTLY! (I am light olive) This very smooth semi-matte foundation doesn't turn colors on me - doesn't get oily or wear off throughout the day - & gives great coverage without making you look like you've got tons of makeup on. I even use it around my eyes as an undereye concealer and it's amazing for that as well. I use this with NYC pressed powder in Translucent over top. They go very well together. I loved this so much at first I thought it had to break me out, but it didn't. And it definitely would have by now (been using it for 3 weeks) All in all - I am in love with this. I'm going to stock up because I'm so afraid they'll stop selling it. By the way - it's DIRT CHEAP.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2005 4:43:00 AM More reviews by innamorata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wish there were a "Maybe" option when asked if you would buy this product again...I'm just not sure right now. I picked this up on a whim at CVS for $3.99, so it was very reasonably priced. I chose Buff first, but had to return it as it was way too yellow. Natural Beige looks better...it's a tiny bit too dark but at least it is neutral. As soon as CVS gets in some True Beige, I want to see it, because they always seem to be out of it (lots of pale people in my area, so it must be a good color). Meijer has a larger selection of colors and products, but it is a half-hour from me...why can't all stores carry full lines of products?

Anyway...this foundation is surprisingly good. It goes on creamy and smoothly and covers up any discoloration nicely. It can be a bit heavy, so I use a very light touch and a small amount. On a couple of areas, such as under my eyes and a few little red spots on my chin, I can build the coverage and it looks good, so you could go from light to heavy coverage with this. The bottle has a little opening with a little lip around the hole...that annoys me, because foundation gathers around the lip and you can't wipe it off. If the lip were gone, the hole would be flat and it would be easier to keep clean...but that's really a small detail. The plastic bottle itself is very flat, although somewhat large, and it fits well in my purse without taking up a lot of room.

It wears well on my oily skin, although I do notice some shine on my forehead and nose. I use some white rice powder and it helps cut down on shine while maintaining a smooth look. I remove it with Burt's Bees Orange Essence cleanser and BB's Tomato soap, and thus far my skin seems to be tolerating it all right. I even cried a little wearing this one day and it held up. So, perhaps this might be a good go-to foundation when I need something to cover up well. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2005 2:03:00 PM More reviews by EriLiz1990

This is a great foundation! It covers red marks and doesn't get too powdery if you add to much. The only reason I gave it a 4 is because it has to weird smell but after I use my pressed powder you can really smell it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2005 5:25:00 PM More reviews by il23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this in True Beige, which is an okay match. A bit too orange if I use too much. The packaging is no nonsense and sanitary. There is a small opening where you squeeze product out and usually two to three squeezes is enough for my whole face.

The main thing I look for in foundation is coverage, wear, and breakouts. For the price, it was pretty good in all catergories, but nothing exceptional. It has light coverage, enough to blur the redness in my skin, but not hide it. It really does a great job in smoothing out skin. Using this fdtn alone gives a dewy look, which might look a little oily, especially on oily skin or with a heavy moisturizer underneath. (I used NYC loose powder on top of the foundation).

The wear is pretty good, not great, lasted throughout most of my day, then started to look a little greasy and the coverage disintegrated. So I don't recommend this for oily skin. This is pretty good for normal and dry skin.

Overall this foundation is cheap, and does the job. It is smooth, creamy, and hides flaws. I wish it had a bit more coverage, but this is a good backup foundation.

For reference, I'm warm toned/medium skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2005 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Meagan22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought the foundation in the shade called Honey Amber. Wooooo hoooooo! I love this foundation. It have good coverage and it doesn't aggrivate my sensitive skin. The packaging is kinda sucky, but the quality more than makes up for that.

Edit: I spoke too soon in my original rating. This foundation is a perfect match for my summer color (when I tan), but it's too dark for my winter color. It's still an awesome foundation though

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2005 10:21:00 AM More reviews by aerial

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading the other reviews on this product, I decided to purchase the foundation. I have used Estee Lauder Double Matte for years and was looking to try something different. I have oily skin and need something that won't come off my face. Anyway, I tried the Milani. It wasn't bad but not nearly as good of coverage as the Estee Lauder Double Matte. I will use the Milani as a back-up foundation. I'm still searching for a foundation for oily skin that won't leave my face feeling greasy after a couple of hours.