April 16, 2014 | 933 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Shimmer Pen - Autumn Light

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2006 7:25:00 PM More reviews by lemononthepiano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not a huge fan of cream/liquid e/s like I used to be, but this is pretty cool. Autumn Light is a golden-bronze colour and when I click the product up in the pen, just the right amount comes out. It goes on really sheer on me too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2006 2:54:00 AM More reviews by archgirl06

I love this product. I use it as a base (so how much pigment shows up really isn't an issue). I wait till a little drop appears on the applicator (foam) and then dot it on my eye and then rub with my finger till I cover my entire lid. Put on eyeshadow as normal. 12+ hours later, it's still there and my lid has a silky feel to it.

I wish that there wasn't a foam applicator. I would have preferred either a tube or at least a normal click pen/brush applicator style, but it's ok. I wash the tip with alcohol every week or so as to not breed bacteria and it's fine.

This product has been discontued, but I stocked up when they all went on clearance and considering one of them has lasted me nearly 4 months, I should be good to go for another 2 years or so.

This particular color is great under any bronze or gold eyeshadows, as well as jewel tones. It really helps them pop.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2005 1:00:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Got this very cheap (99 cents) at a local CVS so I think it's been discontinued. Anyway, "Autumn Glow" is a warm bronzey gold color--not all that special on its own since there are lots of similar colors out there. Applicator, as others have noted, is a pain since it doesn't work as intended. It's better to apply a bit, then quickly smooth it out with your finger. Otherwise it'll go on unevenly/streakily. But the color payoff is good and this cream e/s has great staying power and does not crease (though this isn't usually a problem for me). Also, not sure what the original price was, but there is not that much product in this pen. Ah well, guess that's a moot point since you'll probably only be able to find these in the clearance bin or the dollar store. I think I'm going to go back and try a couple of the other colors that were there b/c I liked this one well enough and it was so friggin' cheap (but if they were full-priced, I probably wouldn't get anymore just b/c they're okay, not great).

ETA: Bumped up the rating to a 4 as I find myself using this very often. The color is a perfect neutral that's not dull--it subtly deepens my eyes and makes my skin look creamier. It's quick and easy to use, dries fast, and the stuff doesn't crease or budge. All smiles here :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2003 6:13:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I love this product! Normally I have had problems with powder based formulas not lasting too long, as I have oily skin and rather large eyelids. But, with this, the color is very believable and natural and you can control the amount of coverage from very sheer to very heavy. I also greatly appreciate this product's staying power. Recently, after a ball where I danced the night away and yes (bad girl) forgotten to wash off my makeup due to a very late night/AM, surprisingly, this was still on my lids!!!!!!! I would recommend this cool product to anyone who is isn't crazy about powder formulations and who doesn't mind a subtle, but attractive effect on the lids. Great product!!