September 18, 2014 | 1977 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Impassioned (Amplified)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A unique BRIGHT pink lipstick (yes, emphasis on the bright) that has an almost neon finish.

I love the quality of MAC Amplified lipsticks because they rarely need a lip liner coating underneath them.

Coverage: A-
Longevity: B+
Finish: Creamy, but too much can look cakey, so B+

Looks great in photos! I always wear this in my pink-themed photoshoots for a fun look.

However, because of its neon-like colour, not an everyday lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Andiec100

Very much liking this lippy, although it is VERY bright. I never go for bright lipsticks really as I don't wear lippy by day much, and I go with a dark eye at night which doesn't work very well with this as it is quite glaring. decided to buy after seeing it on a list of the top 7 mac lipsticks to have... Wasn't as impressed with it as I thought I might be! Much nicer MAC lipsticks that didnt get a look in on that list. Maybe its jus me not being crazy about coral tones. Works well with my pale skin and dark hair. Worth buying as it makes lists of best buys!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by HIYELLOW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Returned. Extremely bright. I am a GGG, NC 25 and this looked really wild and crazy on me. My husband comments sometimes, but when I put this on, he did a double take and asked me to remove it. That RARELY happens. He did not want to be seen with me wearing this. He said it looked like a fun at the beach kind of lipstick. I agree, even though I would not even wear this to the beach. Sad, because I saw pictures of it on ladies my complexion and it looked okay. It is a bright, watermelon, pink/coral color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by Sabsumaiya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The PERFECT bright pink for my skin colour! I often find some pinks end up looking purple on me, but this is perfect! Just pure pinkness!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by lionasara

I picked this lipstick out of obsession in Jeon Ji Hyun's character in "My Love From Another Star". In most episodes, Cheon Song Yi was rocking a lipstick that looks like red, coral and hot pink at the same time (perhaps depending on the lighting), and that made me search for a MAC counterpart for that color. And that led me to Impassioned!

Amplifieds are my favorite MAC lippie finish due to color payoff and non-dry feeling. I was glad that Impassioned belong to that line. It glides to my lips like butter, and comfortable round the clock. Very beautiful color! It was a groundbreaking lipstick for me as I'm not really into lippies that are bold other than my usual MLBB's. With this lipstick alone(along with a nice dewy BB cream & winged eyeliner), I don't need to put eye makeup & blushes anymore! It's a great pick-me-up and brightens my face in an instant!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by MadameButterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have light, olive/neutral toned skin with dark hair and eyes, and look great in bright, coral/warm toned pigmented pinks. I can look and feel like complete crap, but if I wear a bright coral-toned pink, suddenly I don't look like death anymore. It took me so many years to learn how to wear lip color. Impassioned is a very pigmented, bright, coral-toned hot pink. It contains a lot of pigment, so it is a little bit drying and not something that you can apply in a dimly lit car with a hand mirror. You'll probably end up looking like Bozo the clown if you try. You have to take your time applying it. I have lips that are constantly flaking, so I like to use a lip scrub and a balm before applying this. The balm also prevents the dye from bleeding unevenly into your lips, it instead will last for hours as a lip stain. If you're scared of the color, you can work your way up to wearing it full coverage by apply it over lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by ElleK7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this lipstick! If you tend to be shy of Girl About Town or any fuchsia lipstick... this lipstick is for you! It's between a coral/pink color. It looks awesome! This lipstick needs more recognition! Mac Dynamo is a good lip liner to go with it too! Loff it! Stays on pretty well too

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Leahapril21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Impassioned is a beautiful vibrant pink that I fell in love with instantly! Works well with most skin tones, although I find it exceptionally pretty with a tan in those summer months. Very long lasting, doesn't budge from my lips all night and works well with MAC's pro-long wear lipliner in "Dynamo". One of my favourite lipsticks, especially in the Summer, you need to buy Impassioned

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Wattsherface

Love the strong dark pink glossy colour and not gloopy but doesn't stay for long!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by uhlizubeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Go get this! Impassioned is a beautiful hot corally pink. The formula is so rich, creamy and opaque.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No