April 20, 2014 | 1982 users online

Pressed Powders - Prescriptives - Magic Phosphorescent Soft Powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2004 3:33:00 AM More reviews by bunny207

Although I love their Magic Liquid Powder in translucent, I can't say I feel the same way for this product. First, this is suppose to be the pressed version. This is not as natural and the light reflecting particles are more apparent. This powder definately shows up on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2004 12:24:00 PM More reviews by filmart

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I initially liked this powder a lot for its look under florescent lighting. It gave my face a smooth, glowing finish, and the color and texure stayed true over the course of an entire day. I also did not have a problem with its pinkish cast, since I'm naturally cool-toned. In the end, I simply didn't like its glittery look outdoors, which I noticed when looking into my car's rearview mirror. For this reason, I no longer use this product, and will not be re-purchasing it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2003 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

I really like the Magic loose powder, so I decided to try the pressed soft powder in the Magic line. I found I did not get much of a cool sensation when applying the pressed, like I did with the loose powder. This gives a soft, sheer finish, not too shimmery. Great for portable touchups throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2002 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Vivrant

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love prescriptives their products are so innovative! This powder is quite cool (literally)! it gives your face a nice even glow, it feels so nice too! I love the pkging on this however, i wouldn't repurchase it

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2002 10:48:00 PM More reviews by sugarpixie

This is an excellent powder! I don't normally wear powder because it just seems excessive but I needed one to set my concealer. This is very light and sheer (translucent). This makes my skin appear almost flawless but it's not very shimmery. It's subtle and makes skin look beautiful IMO.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2001 10:59:00 AM More reviews by monlim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is so great, it gives you a soft, sheer look without the shimmer of the other Magic items that I feel is inappropriate for the office. I usually don't use powder as I hate the feel on my face, but this really changed everything! Plus it comes with a brush instead of a velour puff so you can't use too much. Kevyn Aucoin listed this as one of his favourite items in July 2001's Allure magazine. Update: I've stopped using it because I've noticed it gives me a slight artificial pinkish cast, not good for us Asians!