September 15, 2014 | 1789 users online

Mascara - Jane - Fan Club Curling Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 12:28:00 PM More reviews by namissaas224

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this on sale for a dollar,and its actually pretty good.It makes my lashes longer than with CG Lashblast or Maybelline's XXL Extensions.I'd buy again,for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2008 4:22:00 AM More reviews by NewYorRican21

this is a pretty good mascara for adding volume, curl, and ok length without too many applications or other tools(curler or comb). For the price it's definitely a good buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2008 9:15:00 PM More reviews by SensationalScent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have short, sparse eyelashes. After applying a single coat of Jane Fan Club Curling Mascara, my eyelashes are long and full.
Cons: the mascara has a chemical odor that is not appealing and it is NOT water and smudge proof.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2008 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Whitney000

One of my favorite mascaras! I have a problem in general with mascaras smudging under my eyes, even waterproof ones, but this one doesn't smudge. It stays in place AND washes off easily with soap and water. It's not too goopy to apply, and the wand is a nice shorter length. Long wands make application difficult for me. My lashes aren't straight, so I don't usually seek out a curling mascara, but I do notice that this makes mine curlier.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2008 5:12:00 PM More reviews by jazmina94

I don't like this mascara. It's clumpy, and doesn't apply evenly. Cheap mascara, will never buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2008 11:21:00 PM More reviews by ether

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A go-to mascara of mine for years. It is one of the few curling mascaras that I've used that actually does something for my stick-straight lashes. It doesn't smudge or flake on me, and doesn't make my lashes crispy. It's a nice slightly more than natural look. Great for everyday.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2008 9:03:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Of all the mascaras I've tried, I keep coming back to this one. It doesn't smear, it doesn't flake ( a huge issue for me and almost every other mascara I've tried: I wear contact lenses and flakes are disaster). I don't know about curling, but it's the one I use and it's been very faithful.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2008 3:59:00 PM More reviews by GlynisCarmell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like it. It's not going to give you WOW!! lashes but if you're looking for a more natural daytime look then this is a good inexpensive option.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 8:44:00 PM More reviews by brandysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product smells much nicer than ordinary mascaras, which is about it's only good feature, actually. You can get decently full coverage and work in some thickness IF you're willing to apply 3 or 4 coats and then comb through to remove any gloppy clumps. I would even put up with that if the mascara itself didn't irritate my sensitive eyes, but sadly that wasn't the case. The first few days after I started the tube my eyes felt fine, but by the end of the week I began noticing a little stinging and tearing, watery eyes while wearing it and after removal. As far as curl, there was no discernable difference whatsoever between Fan Club Curling Mascara and any other brand's noncurling variety. I recommend putting your money toward one of Jane's fabulous powder blushes instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2007 10:05:00 AM More reviews by LauraMcO

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Works pretty well for me. I use the waterproof in Black. I like curling mascaras in general because they tend to dry fast. (Therefore, I don't blink mascara all over my face and discover it once I've left the house- aaargh!) It seems that the other brands are maybe discontinuing their curling mascaras, so I'm glad Jane hasn't so far. My objections are that it is not really waterproof, as a previous reviewer observed. It comes off with soap and water at night. Need I say more. I'd also like if it came in Brown or even Brown-black, which is not the case (unless there are rabid Jane Fan Club Curling Mascara in brownish colors fanatics lurking in my local Walgreens...nah, didn't think so either). And it is increasingly harder to find in stores (again- like someone else mentioned earlier).On the plus side, it is cheap, it applies well- not too gloppy, but more thin- I like my lashes more natural. And it does keep my lashes curled (I use and eyelash curler as well) and it does dry quickly. No surprise splatters- yay !