July 29, 2014 | 2067 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Facial Soap for Oily Skin

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by 12601834

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hated this soap. Left a weird film on my face, was super drying, stung my eyes & made me break out. Much much much prefer the extra mild bar. In fact, that's the only Clinique bar I like. Try that instead, even with oily skin. It does a great job at cleaning but doesn't irritate like the other bars.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by pierce0566

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this soap. I have sensitive oily skin.
This soap rinses clean no wax film, skin has cleared up after using a cheaper face wash. Worth every cent face feels clean and feels soft. Love the tray and the bar is huge. Used Clinuque for years and never used the soap. My skin has never felt cleaner no break outs no blackheads. Will never switch to another brand. So glad to be using my beloved Clinique again. Can't go wrong with this product will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by asmolkin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for decades...for really oily skinned girls this is an essential because it is even a little too mild for you which is good and what you want...so you can use a makeup removing cleanser before and never get dried up...it will balance your skin...you have to give it time...this is facial soap regimen which you have to understnad is designed to purge out all the bad skin to reveal all the good skin...i think every person in the world needs to use clinique..i cannot use the liquid cleanser it is not as gentil and will clog my pores....lets face it there is a reason why the classic stuff has stuck around so long

you dont have to be concerned about washing your face at the sink!the best thing about it is it literally rinses everything clean you dont spend any time whatsever trying to get this stuff off your face...once it is on, it immediatly wants to come off, no hassle washing for all of you who want that and truthfully doesnt everyone...i never use a cleansing brush with this..it is not the type of w
cleanse you need to work in why? because it is a soap, if you get what i mean...it is hard to explain but this ensures alll your makeup remover and scrubs and previous cleansers are off your face...the perfect finishing soap to finish off with when you are washing your face...no film! and admit it that film is what causes clogged pores and bad skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Where would I be without my Clinique soap? I would hate to find out. It is better than all the Sisley, La Mer, YSL cleanser out there. I have tried them, and you can't get better than this soap. It lasts forever, too. It is a very concentrated formula. I get a lot of compliments on my pores. I believe you cannot truly get your skin clean without bar soap. It somehow penetrates the pores in a way liquid cleanser can't.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Phoenix761

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I rated this product very highly, but I wouldn't by it again. This is simply because I love it, but this formula over-dried my skin to the point of producing more oil. But this sopa is really inteneded for true oily skintypes, not combo/oily, like myself. I love it and I love all of Cliniques soaps.
It has the slightest, freshest hint of menthol aroma to it.... as if they mixed a smidgen of menthol with the ocean. Very nice and clean. And I don't really like menthol.
It lathers very well, and it removes ALL of my makeup (all of Cliniques bars will do this).
So I never needed to worry about makeup remover with this one.
This bar rinses very clean. It is probably the cleanest rinsing soap I have used. I love this soap, but I must use the mild one. However, let me just say this.....with this soap I have no breakouts, no congestion, etc. My skin is immaculate. Great product

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 5:54:00 AM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok, so I'm on the fence about this one.

When I buy this, I buy the three little bars. I find the small bars are easier to use. One bar will last me 3 months and that is with day and night usage.

It does a great job cleansing my oily, sensitive skin. I like the smell too...very mild.

Price wise I think it's pretty cheap...especially how long a bar will last.

My only gripe or concern...I think this bar is the reason why a whole bunch of milia and tiny bumps on my forehead. It's weird. It cleared up my acne breakouts and prevented new ones...but yet another issue popped up.

I've read that bar soaps are made with...well basically fat. And fat can be pore clogging...perhaps this is the reason? Or was it due to the Turn Around Concentrate Renewer which has silicone in it? I finished my second bottle of the renewer and will not repurchase that. so, we will see if that's the problem.

I hate to give up on this bar because i like it so much. I'm hoping its the serum because the serum did nothing for my skin.

We will see...review to be continued...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by rmarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know why this product is getting so many negative reviews. Personally, I love it. My mother always bought clinique products, so when I was in my teens she gave me a sample to try. Within days my acne was either gone or fading fast. In my 20's when I rarely broke out, I forgot all about the soap. But once I hit 30, I started getting acne again. I tried any and every cleanser out there and none helped completely. Then, out of nowhere, my mother gave me a bar and I started using it again. My acne faded away and my skin looks better than it has in years. I will never use another cleanser again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Kat0r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been on the Clinique 3-step for almost a year now, and used to use their liquid version of this soap before transferring over to the bar form. One of my favourite points about this bar is that it lasts. With the liquid version I had to get a new one approx every 2 months, the bar however lasts more then that making it much more economical and cheaper for your wallet. When I use it I really do feel my face is much cleaner (my face is literally 'squeaky-clean'!) and does remove the excess oil, without making me breakout even more. The dish is an extra bonus, as it drains the water from the soap, preventing it from becoming waterlogged and keeps the soap in one place.
However, this soap is not without it's faults, and that's mostly to do with the dish it came in. This could be just me but basically it would not close properly after using it a few times, and even though I washed it it will still not close properly, making it liable to fall out of the dish. It is also pretty foamy, so it can go up my nose and mouth which is a tad bit irritating, but after continually washing my face, it decreases lather, making it more pleasurable in washing. Lastly, If travelling around a lot, it can be a bit of a pain to take around, unlike the liquid soap where you can put it in travel size bottles to save money.
I have only used this for about a month and is still early days, but so far I am enjoying using it and would possibly recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by LilLexy100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If I had submitted this review within 2 weeks of buying this bar, I would have given it 5 stars. Now it's 2 months after buying it and it barely deserves 1 star. I have a very oily T Zone and at first, this made my face feel so squeaky clean, I loved it to bits! - I soon found out that it was stripping every speck of natural oils from my skin, and subsequently caused my skin to overcompensate and produce MORE oil. I'm 36 and have about a dozen nasty spots on my forehead chin and even cheeks - I've never had spots on my forehead even as a teenager! I'm gutted. Maybe a little natural oil in the skin is a good thing. I'm reverting back to my beloved Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and will carry my blotting tissues around with me during the day (and crossing my fingers that my skin goes back to 'normal' and my spots go).

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by kittykawaii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This soap is really drying! As someone with really oily skin, I thought that this would be a great product for me. I must say, it was a bit of a strange experience to have oily AND flaking skin at the same time. After about three weeks of using it I had to stop because my skin was scaly and pretty unhappy. It just goes to show that a bit of oiliness can be a good thing!