October 23, 2014 | 2194 users online

Pressed Powders - Hard Candy - Peace Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have Peace Powder in Crystal, which is translucent but natural-looking. This powder is finely milled, non-cakey, and absorbs oil well. The compact has a good-sized mirror and a great sponge with its own storage compartment. The ingredient list isn't the best in terms of health, so I removed a point and may think twice about repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2007 5:36:00 PM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

we dont have this brand in my country, but I was happy to get this in a swap. I have this in a dark shade called Luscious. I am pale so I use it as a contour powder, it is just neutral without any orange tones. Many pressed powders feel very dry and glide on chalky and patchy but this has so exellent texture, so moist. so silky. The texture here reminds me lot of Guerlain terracotta bronzing powder which I find to be the best bronzer ever just because of the texture. I have a dry skin and I have only found Guerlain and this one from Hard Candy to stay on flawlessly, never patchy or most importantly drying feeling, (you know that feeling of powder on dry skintype that it is suckin the tiny rests of you moisture away ICK) This one does not have a fragrance. I agree that the compact is huge and the mirror too. I love this. TOO SAD that it is discontinued!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2007 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

I got this in a swap in Canvas. I love the compact, slim yet really large with a wonderful mirror to carry around in a nice fancy silver case. The formula melts into the skin creating a natural look yet keeping the face from being shiney and allowing nice coverage. However the sponge is useless, mixed with the formula it absorbs oils too easily so you need to wash it almost daily. Use a brush instead!

I generally don't like Hard Candy products but I might try some of their face powders now. Too bad these are discontinued, I would have liked to have the translucent one.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2006 7:19:00 PM More reviews by spaceadditude

I saw this at TJ Maxx for $3.99 so I got it because I buy Hard Candy cosmetics regularily at Ulta. This stuff is horrible, I can see why it's sold at TJ Maxx. It goes on so thick and cakey, I'm so glad I didn't pay regular price for this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2005 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Sweetest_Taboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this at TJ Maxx for like $3, so I figured, "What the heck?" b/c I knew Hard Candy was a good brand. It is hard to find a powder I really like, but I love the shade I got, which is "Crystal." It's a great translucent powder, and the compact is worth the price alone. As others have stated, it is huge and comes w/ a great mirror and sponge. It sucks that I found a powder I really like when after it's been discontinued (sigh). But I will definitely consider trying Hard Candy's products after this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2005 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Ultraviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this powder. It blends into my skin perfectly, doesn't make me look cakey regardless of how much I use, and is light enough to use over foundation--as well as providing enough coverage to use by itself. It's one of the few powders I've tried that doesn't make me look too yellowish or too reddish (I used the color "Luscious"). Of course, it's been discontinued, but hopefully I can find some in a store somewhere as I can't see myself finding a better powder for a while.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2005 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Sweet_and_Tarty

I looved this stuff and I am so upset that they discounted it. Peace Powder glided on very smooth and it had a HUGE mirror. My fave compact. So sad. The only thing I hated was when I dropped it, the powder would crack and leave residue.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2005 5:58:00 PM More reviews by haikusmom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Fabulous. I love the way this powder wears. So silky smooth on my face, and so light that I never even notice that it is there. A perfect 10 from me!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2005 10:53:00 PM More reviews by espoir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product provides very good coverage. The "crystal" shade is an excellent match for my PPP, pink-undertoned self, and is lighter than the lightest shade of most brands. The packaging is cute and features a tall mirror, so you can see your whole face at once. What a neat idea!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2005 6:05:00 PM More reviews by angel94586

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great. I like the packaging, it fits in my purse well. I also like how it has a bigger mirror.