October 31, 2014 | 895 users online

Styling Products - Philosophy - Curly Head

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2006 5:13:00 AM More reviews by arleen4226

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this serum is the best.i have curly hair that gets frizzy in humidity and this is the only pruduct that keeps it under control.i work in a drugstore so you can imagine i used everything under the sun for frizzy hair.it does not contain alcohol so it wont make youre hair dry.you only need a small drop and apply it to the ends not the roots.it really works!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2005 1:56:00 AM More reviews by luckybamboozled

Overall this is one of my staple styling products...I have thick hair but it's not coarse at all, so this really helps to tame flyaways. Strange problem but with other styling products I've had a problem with them making my hair too soft. This seems to give me just the right texture, but be cautious of applying too much or putting this directly on the roots of your hair because you will look greasy. I think this is a very good product for the price...I have a zillion styling products and buy more by the day but I don't know why because I always find myself going back to my bottle of Curly Head...just can't go wrong because it gives you consistent results everytime!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2005 3:55:00 PM More reviews by blissgirl

I have wavy hair that can turn to frizz but this product controls most of the frizz & makes it soft, shiny & wavy. Perfect! It's fragrance free - which is a nice change from highly fragranced products like Biosilk. And it's alcohol free, so it won't dry out already dry, color-treated hair. I apply a small dab onto my wet hair & comb through. Then I air dry in a bun - or blowdry. I have used this for many weeks in a row & I haven't noticed any product buildup on my hair. The bottle is small but will last a long time & it's convenient for travel. I like *Curly Head* better than Biosilk, Phyto 9 and FF Glossing Cream. By the way, I use this when I browout my hair straight - it's not just for curly hair. It's good stuff! [I have highlighted - naturally wavy - long hair.]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2004 11:31:00 PM More reviews by divafx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this shine serum. I have used countless shine serums to keep my fine hair from flying away and to give it a little extra glisten, this does the trick. It has no scent so it won't compete with your perfume and if you use it on a damp head of hair before blow drying your hair will feel like silk! No kidding! People are always asking to touch my hair. I notice a definite difference on days when I dont' use it and days when I do. As a small warning I will say I'm not crazy about using this product on dry hair. It's a thick serum and unless you blot your hands on a towel before applying to dry hair, you may end up with some greasies. As a pre-blow dry, frizz fighter, softener, and hair shine product it's the best of the best. I have extremely fine hair and lots of it but this doesn't way my hair down at all. It also softens my hair and allows it to hold curl longer when I heat style it. Amazing stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2004 4:26:00 PM More reviews by ccrider

i have long curly brunette hair so it's easy for my hair to look dull even if i use fabulous shampoo. this was great, left my hair shiny but not greasy. also i didn't notice any residue from it. it looks nice even in the evening, the shine stays. my curls look better and more volumizing.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2004 3:29:00 PM More reviews by kuzatab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm on the fence about this product. I don't think it really smooths or defrizzes my hair. Maybe a little, but not enough to write home about. It does do a fantastic job of keeping it tangle free. However, there is a fine line between not enough, just enough, and too much product. Too much and my hair looks greasy (and I have dry hair, so it's definitely the result of the product). The only reason I would repurchase this is if I can't find another acceptable detangler.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2004 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Haunting_Immortal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this! It makes my hair silky, tames the frizz and brings out the little bit of natural wave that I have. The only thing you have to be wary of it this WILL weigh your hair down if you use too much, but that is to be expected with any silicone hair product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2004 1:05:00 PM More reviews by obscured

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It does its job for my hair texture and for what I generally use it for: My hair has a little wave to it, though I generally wear it straight. If I let my hair air dry, it looks a little frizzy.

So basically, it does its job whether I scrunch my hair with my hands for more wave or decide to wear it straight. A little goes a long way. Just one or two smaller-than-dime-size squeezes into your palm, and you're good to go. If you use any more than that, you'll get the greasy feel or weird smell that everybody else talks about.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2004 4:50:00 AM More reviews by Tesseljoan

It's ok, but not spectacular. It does take away frizz, but if you use too much it will make your hair limp and greasy.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2003 8:32:00 PM More reviews by freckles_n_curls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I found this product disapointing. After using Aveda's heavily scented Be Curly I wanted something odorless. I have thick curly hair and I found it heavy. I tried using it at various amounts and it just didn't work for me. I definitely couldn't it use it without blow drying.